Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Before we examine our mess...how the hell are Oxford top?

What can you say about our shambolic display?  \it has all the hallmarks of a team heading for the drop - players being thrown/kept in when they are clearly not ready, lack of intensity, confidence, touch, belief, leadership.  I hate the idea of yet another managerial change, but this is unbelievably bad.  There are no positives at all really (sure, Alfie scores, but what about that gift he spurned at 0-0?).  Anderson needed to come off at half time, Asiimwe won't progress while all around him is crumbling, I could go on...

It just felt like one of those performances where you know it's not about a bad mistake or bit of bad luck, but a sheer lack of belief and quality
  • Options
    Management team lost us the first half, poor decision making in the second. If the long throw is the outcome of a week of training god help us. First thing is don't loose. Should have stopped the rot with a draw.
    Another season of shite coming along.
  • Options
    Curbs & Brown please. Current management team really not up to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all knew that after the poor results so far we needed a reaction today. We didn’t get it and we’re lucky to get a 2-1 defeat. Next Saturday is massive now, anything less than a comfortable 3 points and we will be in the bottom 3 in no time at all with the games following. So pissed off that the positivity has ended 5 games in
  • Options
    Asiimwe and Anderson look knackered. Those boys need a rest. 
    But we have no other right back and it seems to be accepted that Terry Taylor will take months to get fit 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Darren Moore anyone?
    I think I’d bring back Curbs short term just to steady the ship. Majority will disagree. 
    Darren Moore ! Dream on. He's an intelligent man , why would he come to us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t see Holden getting another job after us. Really don’t understand why these owners wanted him.
    Cheap.
  • Options
    As an aside, who on here was saying they weren't impressed with Oxford's recruitment in the summer? I argued they'd be right up there based on the players brought in, and it's early days but they look every part the team I thought they'd be
  • Options
    That starting line up was horiffic and the result totally expected.

Blows my mind how managers with all the badges and experience etc can't see the wood for the trees sometimes. 
  • Options
    Maybe Holden's selection and tactics were deployed to make a point to Gobby Methven and absent Scott?

Stick the kids in, get battered and then say "I told you so"?

Even if they sack him, the squad needs a total overhaul - will take time.

I am not even confident that this lot know how to recruit players for a L1 scrap.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yeah sack Holden then take a few weeks to find a new bloke, who won’t have picked any of the players signed this summer and will have ANOTHER different style of play.

I cannot believe it but we are actually sinking lower. 
    What's our style of play currently? 
  • Options
    I don’t see Holden getting another job after us. Really don’t understand why these owners wanted him.
    Cheap
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Darren Moore anyone?
    I think I’d bring back Curbs short term just to steady the ship. Majority will disagree. 
    Would Curbs want it? I'd definitely have him if he would.

Easy to say sack Holden but, given the constraints we are acting under, hard to say who would do any better other than the likes of Curbs perhaps.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Valley11 said:
    Yeah sack Holden then take a few weeks to find a new bloke, who won’t have picked any of the players signed this summer and will have ANOTHER different style of play.

I cannot believe it but we are actually sinking lower. 
    What's our style of play currently? 
    Kick and hope accompanied by drop and panic