Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Stephen Henderson can go with Appleton. 

He backed him to the hilt and was in on the whole 'get over Curbs' noise. 

When? I haven't heard him speak publicly since being hired.
  • Options
    Win on Saturday and would expect Fleming to carry on in charge until end of season at least 
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson can go with Appleton. 

He backed him to the hilt and was in on the whole 'get over Curbs' noise. 

He certainly didn't come across well in that exchange you shared. 
  • Options
    Don’t think Simon Weaver is the way to go at all. Fear it could be another Ben Garner.
  • Options
    Where's the Simon Weaver idea come from? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Win on Saturday and would expect Fleming to carry on in charge until end of season at least 
    Win on Saturday !!!

Fat chance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thus is a total mess. They allow Appleton to sign lots of new players, we must assume to put together a successful team/ squad.
    They sack him and the poor person coming in has a squad they did not want.
    if the Board were going to sack him why not do it earlier and allow a new manager to get the team they believe will succeed.
    the club is a farce from top to bottom.
  • Options
    edited January 24

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Thought I'd add a few more flash...
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Warnock. 18 month contract with a hefty bonus to achieve Championship football within his contract. 
    Cannot see Warnock moving south at this stage of his life. He's a Yorkshire based crisis manager these days.
    Next home game, we get given a message to supporters leaflet, it’s only one bus away.
  • Options
    Oddly, but probably not connectedly, I’m told Richard Murray was there last night.

He was the prime decision maker in managerial changes from 1995-2010.
    Guessing he’s not a frequent visitor these days?

Wonder what he made looking round and seeing such an empty ground. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Could we not get Curbs in the role until season end...would he be persuaded...🤞
    Has he ever been sounded out?
  • Options

Could we not get Curbs in the role until season end...would he be persuaded...🤞
    Has he ever been sounded out?
    No idea, but surely he should be, and he could at least provide the stability and experience to get us over the hurdle of this season...
  • Options
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned but Curbs said 'you can't ask me that' on Charlton TV last night when asked if he would take the job by Scott, who pushed him for an answer. Wasn't a no, wasn't a yes, but i'd guess he'd be happy to have a chat if they approached him from his mannerisms 
  • Options
    DENCH said:
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned but Curbs said 'you can't ask me that' on Charlton TV last night when asked if he would take the job by Scott, who pushed him for an answer. Wasn't a no, wasn't a yes, but i'd guess he'd be happy to have a chat if they approached him from his mannerisms 
    Lets hope they do then...
  • Options
    would be happy with Eustace or Duff or even Warnock (with maybe Euell with him)

would quite like to see Euell involved again
  • Options
    My brother spoke to curbs at a charity event a few months ago and curbs said he wouldn't want it.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Warnock. 18 month contract with a hefty bonus to achieve Championship football within his contract. 
    Cannot see Warnock moving south at this stage of his life. He's a Yorkshire based crisis manager these days.
    Next home game, we get given a message to supporters leaflet, it’s only one bus away.
    Please don't say leaflet, it reminds me of the one we got saying we're moving to Selhurst.

Could it happen again, shudder the thought.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ainsworth would have been such a Sandgaard appointment with their shared music interest 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I could just envision him walking him out both playing their guitars on the pitch. 

The sad thing is, that still would have been a better setup than what we just had