Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2024

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    How's everyone finding it so far? 

I'm having the best season I've ever had (I'm usually pretty terrible). 

Just had a run of 17 consecutive wins in all competitions come to an end at the hands of Leyton Orient. In the process we broke the club record for most consecutive wins/most games unbeaten. We also equaled the record for consecutive League One wins. Shame we couldn't take it just one more game. 

However, I do have a horrendous confession to make. This sort of progress doesn't come without a price afterall......

Lyle Taylor is my leading goalscorer.
    What skin do you use? That’s a blinder.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    Hopefully Charlton still have the Gomez clause to sell like previous versions.

Only a 25k budget if not :/ 
  • Options
    Like this version of FM. 

Ajax at the moment and they signed Chupa Akpom! Didnt know that but he aint cutting the mustard! 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Just had a run of 17 consecutive wins in all competitions come to an end at the hands of Leyton Orient. In the process we broke the club record for most consecutive wins/most games unbeaten. We also equaled the record for consecutive League One wins. Shame we couldn't take it just one more game. 

However, I do have a horrendous confession to make. This sort of progress doesn't come without a price afterall......

How did you get that background? Wouldnt mind that on mine!
  • Options
    Came second and then every player wanted a massive pay rise (May wanted 28k a week) but I have next to no extra wage budget even in the championship so all the players are wanting to leave.
  • Options
    Where do adults get the time to play football manager games? As a youngling, I had Championship Manager on my Atari ST. it was pretty much my full time job in the summer holidays.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

There are a couple of FM forums where people make skins/kits/backgrounds/official competitions and league add ons. FMScout is one I believe. Download packs and move it to your graphics folder within your files. Most downloads give you a step by step.

I can’t play it without backgrounds and official badges.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There are also YouTube channels that make new videos with every release that provide step by step instructions too.

Just search for “fm24 how to install x” on there and you should find plenty of tutorials popping up.

I’ve heard this year’s game is very good but I’m holding off on getting it for now - got too much going on to dedicate enough time to make it worth the money.
  • Options
    Came second and then every player wanted a massive pay rise (May wanted 28k a week) but I have next to no extra wage budget even in the championship so all the players are wanting to leave.

That's crazy, might be worth reporting that as a possible bug as it's completely unrealistic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

There are a couple of FM forums where people make skins/kits/backgrounds/official competitions and league add ons. FMScout is one I believe. Download packs and move it to your graphics folder within your files. Most downloads give you a step by step.

I can’t play it without backgrounds and official badges.
    Yep, that's what I always do. I also get the city backgrounds, stadium pictures as well. Cannot play without them and will even wait a bit of time after release to get the right skin before playing. 

A save update - I won League One! Its the first ever promotion/silverware I've achieved on any kind of management sim. Can't say I did anything out of the ordinary either (besides using Lyle Taylor for a few months). Leaburn finished with over 20 goals, and Blackett-Taylor and Fraser weighed in with 15+ as well. 

Some really outrageous scores along the way (9-4 being Cheltenham being the weirdest). We broke the League One goalscoring record over the season, but would also concede almost every game. 

The day after winning the title, about 5-6 players stated their wish for improved contracts or to leave. Some of them demanding absolutely hilarious money (15-20k per week). Not quite sure how that is all going to play out.

George Dobson was my captain and played every game. However, he is deeply unhappy about our lack of goalkeeper depth and is insisting he won't sign a new contract!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Whats everyone’s go to formation so far? I’ve only played 2 pre season games so far but I’m experimenting between a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 with May as a shadow striker.

Renewed all the key players and better youngsters contracts & sold the Gomez + Burstow clause to give me a 4 million budget. Will likely not spend much of that though until we’re up.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    Promoted on 101 points, it went to the last game though with Lincoln right behind me finishing on 100.

I didn't really spend any of the money I got from selling the Gomez and Burstow clauses last year so I have a 3 million budget now and about 80k a week in wages to spend. 

Leaburn, Asiimwe and Mitchell are the main 3 youngsters developing really well for me. I re called Mitchell in January to rotate with Ness but he's been much better than I expected. 
  • Options
    Promoted on 101 points, it went to the last game though with Lincoln right behind me finishing on 100.

I didn't really spend any of the money I got from selling the Gomez and Burstow clauses last year so I have a 3 million budget now and about 80k a week in wages to spend. 

Leaburn, Asiimwe and Mitchell are the main 3 youngsters developing really well for me. I re called Mitchell in January to rotate with Ness but he's been much better than I expected. 
    I came 2nd to Oxford in my first season (bottled the title). Leaburn and Asiimwe have both been very good for me even in the championship. (Leaburn 21 goals & 10 assists first season in the championship!). I’ve used Anderson a lot also and he’s had few bids from higher up 

First championship season I lost to Sunderland in the semis of the play offs (unrealistic!) after sneaking 6th
  • Options
    Been playing FM mobile, haven’t done a game as Charlton yet, but in my game Leaburn went to Palace (boo) for £19m, didn't do very well and they lost about £15m on him (yay) selling him to Blackburn, where he has done well.

So made us money, and cost Palace money.  Well done Miles.
  • Options
    Just starting season 5, now in the Premier League. Won League One in the first season. 12th in season 2, then 3rd but lost to Luton in the playoff final. Then last season won the championship with Palace finishing second. 

Only players left from our starting squad are Leaburn, Asiimwe, Rylah and Ibrahim Fullah a kid in our under 18s, who has turned into a really good CAM.
  • Options
    End of Season 6. Finished 8th first season in the Prem and qualified for the Conference League. 2nd season, somehow (largely helped by the lowest winning points total) went into the final game of the season top. Unfortunately we bottled it and could only draw 0-0 at Leeds.

However one simple explanation for this bottle job - We've spent the season playing at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium whilst The Valley is being redeveloped.

I have got the Europa Conference League final against Sevilla to come though so still a chance of our second major trophy. Only player left now is Fullah, but will probably be getting rid of him in the summer. Sold Leaburn to Arsenal for £56m where he's been bang average, but has now won the Premier League 2 years in a row. Rylah now at Luton and Asiimwe at Brighton both in the Championship.

You didn't save the game and then reload and replay it!!!!!!!!!!

can you post the league table on the millwall
    manager thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     :D No haven't save scummed for a few years. We beat Sevilla 2-0, and we've got Champions League football at The Valley next season, so not a bad year. A new GK, CB and CAM and we should be good for another decent season.

Millwall are currently in League One in my save, just finished 6th and lost in the play off semi finals. 
  • Options

End of season 4 for me. Fuming I got that many points and still didn’t win it. Wolves spent a crazy £179m to beat me by 2 points 
  • Options
    Leaburn and Burstow!
  • Options
    Season 1= Top of league 1
    Season 2 = 6th in the Championship
    Season 3 = Top of the Championship
    Season 4 = 3 games in, won 2 lost 1. 

The only players remaining from our real squad are Assimwe, Deji & Rylah, all out on loan in the Championship. Just sold Leaburn to Blackburn for 35 million. Was unreal for me but I don't think he'll make the step up to the Prem. 

• Options
    I'm a few years into a save and I'm England manager, playing at the Euros.

France striker, hasn't scored in 2 years for his club (PSG) and only has about 25 career goals, suddenly scores 13 in 7 games for France including a hat trick in the final as they beat me 3-2.

Bloody game.
  • Options

The only players remaining from our real squad are Assimwe, Deji & Rylah, all out on loan in the Championship. Just sold Leaburn to Blackburn for 35 million. Was unreal for me but I don't think he'll make the step up to the Prem. 

I played a 4-4-2 and got promoted from league one with like 120 odd points. It was ridiculous. Went straight up to the premiership year after as well, without really making any signings apart from Rak-Sayki on loan.

Also started a file with Man Utd to have some more money to mess about with. Won the champions league in the first year and then the quadruple in my third.

Not played FM in years, but feels a bit easy  - not sure if that’s consistent with recent years. 

Will also say the change to the champions league from next year seems to be crap. Be interesting to see if it’s the same in real life. 
  • Options
    Just started a Charlton file and off to a good start! Played 6 won 5 lost one to bloody Oxford which I dominated but couldnt score a goal! 

Signed Caulker(!) who has been decent and a couple of youngsters with decent selling ability to keep coffers full. 
  • Options

I played a 4-4-2 and got promoted from league one with like 120 odd points. It was ridiculous. Went straight up to the premiership year after as well, without really making any signings apart from Rak-Sayki on loan.

Also started a file with Man Utd to have some more money to mess about with. Won the champions league in the first year and then the quadruple in my third.

Not played FM in years, but feels a bit easy  - not sure if that’s consistent with recent years. 

Will also say the change to the champions league from next year seems to be crap. Be interesting to see if it’s the same in real life. 
    I've found it pretty similar to the last few years really (playing the pc version)

I also played 4-4-2 in the first season and finished on 108 points.

Second season I was pretty pleased with 6th and was unlucky to come up against Sunderland in the playoffs who were my bogey team that season. By the third season I had a bit of money to spend so overhauled the squad and won it. 

How did you get on in the Prem? I usually find that's where there's a pretty big gap. Especially if you've still got the majority of your league 1 squad. 
  • Options
    edited January 3
    For anyone just starting out with Charlton, play Leaburn as an advanced forward and just get plenty of floated crosses into him. 

He scored 25 in league 1, then 22 and 32 in the championship.

Sold him now I'm into the Prem for 35 million. 
  • Options

I've found it pretty similar to the last few years really (playing the pc version)

I also played 4-4-2 in the first season and finished on 108 points.

Second season I was pretty pleased with 6th and was unlucky to come up against Sunderland in the playoffs who were my bogey team that season. By the third season I had a bit of money to spend so overhauled the squad and won it. 

How did you get on in the Prem? I usually find that's where there's a pretty big gap. Especially if you've still got the majority of your league 1 squad. 
    Totally, played a few games and was not a disaster - but I was frustrated with the lack of being able to get a competitive squad in at prem level because of the amount of money which is why I started glory hunting as united. 

It’s crazy how big that step up is.

Feel a bit more confident with the player search stuff now so will revisit when I get bored of buying Jude Bellingham for 300 million ha ha.