Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2024

13»

Comments

• Options
    It's way too easy

We won the last game of the season too, a final goal difference of 71, not one player got more than 20 goals, but May and Donley (spurs Loanee) got 19 each, CBT and a guy called Petkov got 15 each, Fraser, TC, Leaburn, Chem all hit double figures too. 

I sold the Gomez clause to get 6.5m from it in February, and he's joined Galatasaray on a deal for 27m in the summer so I think that's worked well. Millwall got relegated to League 1 so don't have to worry about beating them, Palace finished 16th only avoiding the drop on goal difference. 

Loads of players coming to me asking for a new contract, the likes of Fraser, Watson, Jones and Maynard-Brewer, all of them have now been transfer listed for their troubles. 

Hoping to sign a new keeper, a centre back, right back, 2 midfielders, a winger and a striker, ship out a couple of fringe players and rely on loans again, which are broken. I've already got Donley back on another year's loan, he's currently worth 37m on the game!
  • Options
    Absolutely hope that Football Manager 2024 is way off the mark, it’s given Charlton a 25k transfer budget!!!
  • Options
    Looking to get at the weekend. For those already playing is it far to easy and not worth it? 
  • Options
    Looking to get at the weekend. For those already playing is it far to easy and not worth it? 
    If you're an experienced fm player, it'll be quite easy. If not, can be challenging in areas.
  • Options
    It depends on what you consider success on the game I think.

If you're likely to play as Charlton then it's easy to get promoted and then out of the Championship within a season or 2 if you're half decent at the game. 

Is it easy to then get into the Prem and also win it? No it's not.

I see some people claim to have won the league in the first season with Luton but I don't believe it at all, you'd do well to keep a team like that up without a huge overhaul of the squad. 

• Options
    edited January 5
    Just finished 8th in my second PL season and have somehow qualified for the Europa conference league. European tour here I come, Leaburn with 18 prem goals too  
  • Options
    I tried to make it a bit harder initially by playing ‘real world’ and disabling the first window. So I had our squad and had to wait until the dates they signed in real life 
  • Options
    Just starting season 9. After bottling the premier League title on the final day at the end of season 6, I've now won it 2 seasons in a row. Also won the FA cup last season for the double (treble if you include the Community Shield).

Gradually getting further in the Champions League as well. 2 seasons ago lost to Real Madrid in the quarter finals. Last season lost to PSG in the semis.

Team is now full of regens, with one exception - just signed Joe Gomez as 4th choice CB for cover and squad rule requirements. Team is mainly from South America, with a couple of Germans and a couple of decent players that have come through our academy. 
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Finally started it this weekend and opened it up to have a look at how are players were rated at the start of the season. I transferred the January signings over as well. I know the game generates ranges but on my file Dobson, Fiorini and May are our best players by a way. Coventry is about on a level with Fraser but with more potential. Weirdly Chuks is absolutely terrible and the worst of our four strikers when fit, behind May, Leaburn and even Tedic, who is still quite bad. Kirk is dreadful and about on a level with Gillesphey who is also rank. Ness is definitely overrated based on the previous season and he's pretty good as a result. The keepers are much of a muchness with Walker rated on the same level as AMB and Isted. The most strange part is that Chem is an absolute monster and is more highly rated in potential and ability than Rak-Sakyi and Tyreece is ahead of Leaburn. CBT is bang average and not even that fast. By the end of the season the Campbells were way out in front as our best players and I'd sold Tyreece to Sheff Utd for £8m and a loan back. Insane.

On the subject of how easy the game is, it's a bit of a joke this year. I made two free signings in the summer, a loan and a buy in January and won the league with a record points total. I  think I won my first 10 games just with a standard 433 gegenpress
  • Options
    Usually I'm one who finds the game far too easy and often have back to back promotions before the challenge of trying to stay in the Premier League. This one has been a bit different though.

Struggled to get a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 working at all in the first season, with none of the forwards scoring many goals. Managed to fluke promotion in second place though.

Season 2 started real badly, until I started playing long ball football and got into midtable

Season 3 started well and then faded finishing 10th in the Championship, but I did start to develop a 3-5-2 formation (which I've never done in FM)

Season 4. 16 games in, top two in the Championship and going well finally... for now.

The biggest change for this year has been player interactions and happiness. Used to be very easy to quash an issue, but this year the whole squad seems against you all the time.

Season 1, Dobson complains at the start of the season that we're lacking squad depth. I told him that I'd be using the youth players to fill gaps etc. He accepts that as a promise, but then randomly gets pissed off about it all the time, and won't sign a new contract until the promise is fulfilled, despite TC, Ness, Anderson, Asiimwe and Leaburn all being in the squad every week. But it also pisses off everyone else who is also then randomly unhappy on his behalf.

Season 4, we're going strong and now my star striker (some Argentine 19 year old) has decided he needs to leave for a bigger club. I told him he can leave at the end of the season after we've tried to get promotion, but thats not good enough, so now he's annoyed, and so are half the rest of the first team, who all think I'm holding him back.

Another change has been contract demands. Leaburn isn't that great so far in my save but he wants £30k per week for his next contract. Our rep has us as a lower midtable Champ side. I signed Ian Maatsen on £14k a week (my highest earner) and within 1 average season (averaged 6.7 as LWB) he is demanding a £40k contract, so I had to let him go.

I tried to be clever in season one and sign some of the better players to longer contracts to avoid higher demands in the Championship (Campbell, Dobson, Ness, Jones, Edun, Leaburn etc) but as soon as we got there, they all want silly money, and get angry when they don't get it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi all,

Bit of a random one, but I’m currently the Charlton Data researcher for Football Manager.

I’ve decided to leave the role (due to time commitments), but have offered to post the role on this thread. 

Really enjoyable role for fans of football manager, involves evaluating players, adjusting data as required, keeping staff and squad roles updated, transferring players and adding new youth players etc. 

Unpaid role, but you get a free copy of the game each season.

If anyone is interested, email scouting@sigames.com to express your interest. 
  • Options
    Hi all,

Bit of a random one, but I’m currently the Charlton Data researcher for Football Manager.

I’ve decided to leave the role (due to time commitments), but have offered to post the role on this thread. 

Really enjoyable role for fans of football manager, involves evaluating players, adjusting data as required, keeping staff and squad roles updated, transferring players and adding new youth players etc. 

How much work is involved? 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Hi all,

How much work is involved? 
    Busiest times are in the summer and before the winter update in Feb. 

I would say a few hours per month. 
  • Options
    Transfer window data update is out. Look which club is on this list of 10 challenges 👀

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/10-teams-manage-after-football-manager-2024-main-data-update
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Transfer window data update is out. Look which club is on this list of 10 challenges 👀

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/10-teams-manage-after-football-manager-2024-main-data-update
    Premier League by 2027 - can they sort it out for us?