Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle (a) 25/011/23

Bit early ik, does anyone know when abouts train tickets will become available, want to book up asap.

Comments

• Options
    It has always been 12 weeks in advance, but since Covid & train strikes it sometimes varies.
    The trouble with booking in advance is possible strikes and they only need to give 2 weeks notice.
    Plus you have the small possibility of the game being switched to another day/time for TV.
  • Options
    It has always been 12 weeks in advance, but since Covid & train strikes it sometimes varies.
    The trouble with booking in advance is possible strikes and they only need to give 2 weeks notice.
    Plus you have the small possibility of the game being switched to another day/time for TV.
    EFL takes the piss, so fans are expected to wait until the last moment and pay premium prices for their tickets to the game or risk it all upfront? No wonder the attendances at EFL games are so wnk, get fleeced every year, does my head in.
  • Options
    The timetable for that day should be confirmed on 30/9/23 & sign up for a ticket alert here  https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/tickets-and-savings/ways-to-save/ticket-alerts
    But because of the threat of industrial action by the rail unions it may be worth waiting until 10/11/23[14 days] before matchday to book, as any strikes will have to be announced by then to affect this day.
    SKY live games on this weekend. will be announced on or before 21/10/23.
    https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/tv-game-selection-process
  • Options
    clive said:
    The timetable for that day should be confirmed on 30/9/23 & sign up for a ticket alert here  https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/tickets-and-savings/ways-to-save/ticket-alerts
    But because of the threat of industrial action by the rail unions it may be worth waiting until 10/11/23[14 days] before matchday to book, as any strikes will have to be announced by then to affect this day.
    SKY live games on this weekend. will be announced on or before 21/10/23.
    https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/tv-game-selection-process
    Much appreciated :) 
  • Options
    Advance train tickets are now on sale for this day.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Booked mine today. Flying to Glasgow and getting train down to Carlisle.

On the 5:50PM return from Carlisle. Ground is 20 mins walk so should get plenty of time to get beers and food for the journey back without having to rush.
  • Options
    Do they have trains north of Birmingham ?  I though Rishi had just get rid of them all. 
  • Options

Yes Golfie.
  • Options
    Bit early ik, does anyone know when abouts train tickets will become available, want to book up asap.
    What date is in the headline?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also flying and staying in Glasgow. Getting the train down from there to Carlisle. We'll priced flight out of Gatwick when I booked last week 
  • Options
    15 of us on the 8.30am
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Just booked up the trains. Will this be the lowest away turn out of the season? 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Advance train tickets are now on sale for this day.
    @clive , nice one, any hint of strikes around this time from what you know off?
  • Options
    Unfortunately not, we will have to wait, possibly until 10th November, which is when the rail unions have to give notice of any industrial action to affect this day.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one, staying in Dumfries with the outlaws for a few days, and then back over the border for the game, New ground for me and can't really see why I haven't been here before, hip flask at the ready.
  • Options
    Have they got any history , over 100 miles , that’s mental , they had 6k at home on Tuesday 
  • Options
    Have they got any history , over 100 miles , that’s mental , they had 6k at home on Tuesday 
    The closest league game they've had for years, still a great turnout.
  • Options
    They've played Bolton fairly recently, but during the Covid season, so it's a new ground for the Carlisle fans. Great effort though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've played Bolton fairly recently, but during the Covid season, so it's a new ground for the Carlisle fans. Great effort though
    Barrow is closer for them than Bolton, they played them last season. 
  • Options
    On the 7.30am train, night in an airbnb, meeting up with Swedish Addicks who will be in attendance too..new ground for me.
  • Options
    Wigan will be lower.
  • Options
    Thing of beauty isn't it.

I'd love us to take 4k to Bolton 
  • Options
    We did in the Cup in 2000
    I only became a Charlton fan one year after that game and was only 9 at the time, missed the experience. Not proper 
  • Options
    You were lucky you missed it as we lost -QF game
    Anyway we went back 2 wks later and win 2-0 in the Lg game
    Didnt take 4000 tho
  • Options
    Booked trains.  Going up Friday afternoon and on the 1050 home on Sunday morning
  • Options
    What trains you on?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What trains you on?
    Same as you mate.