Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle (a) 25/011/23

Comments

• Options
    Really decent numbers. It does appear unless willing to drive or additional space on the coach this will be a very expensive trip if planning on booking still.
  • Options
    This thread isn't really about the match. It's just an excuse to talk about bloody trains again.
  • Options
    Driving up Friday & returning Sunday with herself, staying in Cockermouth.  
  • Options
    Early train Sat morning, home Sunday lunch...meeting the Swedes up there, they're flying in to Manchester the night before...never been and looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Decent town, definitely not a northern shithole. Very Wellingfied. 
  • Options
    Wednesday too Wednesday for us, staying in Dumfries and visiting wife's family that sort of thing, bit of sight seeing , but when Saturday comes it's definitely down to Carlisle, coyr.
  • Options
    COCKERMOUTH!

• Options
    Early train Sat morning, home Sunday lunch...meeting the Swedes up there, they're flying in to Manchester the night before...never been and looking forward to it.
    Hope there are no Malmö fans there :'(
  • Options
    • Allocation: 1,058

• Sold: 829

• On sale until: 4pm on Thursday, November 23rd

• Options
    Really good figures for an iconic ground in our history. The support will help the team, so let's hope we can continue our good run of scoring on the road - and tighten up at the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The temperatures up there don't look amazing for Friday and Saturday - 0 degrees on Friday night. Hope they get the frost covers working on the pitch!
  • Options
     5 degrees and sunny Saturday so shouldn't be any issues.
  • Options
    And dry too, which is good
  • Options
    I have been there four times including the three promotions. My other visit was a 4-1 defeat, so remarkably considering the three promotions I have seen Carlisle score as many times as Charlton.
  • Options
    Apparently a takeover is happening at Carlisle and expecting a bumper crowd for Saturday’s match.
  • Options
    Last time I was in Carlisle was at the height of the foot & mouth pandemic. Came out of a curry house one evening & all you could spell was burnning animals. And not in a nice way. 

Every time we've played there & subsequently got promoted I've not been there. I'm not going Saturday....
  • Options
    Last time I was in Carlisle was at the height of the foot & mouth pandemic. Came out of a curry house one evening & all you could spell was burnning animals. And not in a nice way. 

Every time we've played there & subsequently got promoted I've not been there. I'm not going Saturday....
    And you spelt that wrong as burning has only one n. 🤓
  • Options
    One of our lot can't make Saturday 
    Train ticket for 16-25 railcard £45
    8.30am train out 5.50pm back
    Match ticket £23
  • Options

I think they call that having a Barbecue oop North 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

And you spelt that wrong as burning has only one n. 🤓
    Two actually
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Castle Sports Group have completed the takeover and taken control of Carlisle United following ratification by the English Football League.

The Piatak family, from Jacksonville in Florida, have courted Carlisle extensively with club members already approving their takeover proposal.

Carlisle boss Paul Simpson has already agreed a revised budget for signings as part of the group's investment.

"We offer them a huge Cumbrian welcome," Carlisle's statement reads.

"Everyone associated with the club is delighted and looking forward to a long and successful future together."

The Cumbrians are currently in the relegation places within League One, with 14 points from 17 games so far this term, on the back of last season's League Two play-off final win over Stockport.

In securing new investment and ownership, long-standing chairman and co-owner Andrew Jenkins' tenure comes to an end, while fellow owners and board members John Nixon and Steve Pattison have also had a strong relationship with the club.

Carlisle supporters have been enthused by the opportunity of the Castle Sports Group interest given the financial muscle the family, who own a logistics firm in the United States, could bring to the League One club.

While their interest had already been piqued by the time Carlisle won promotion to League One, the Piataks were further encouraged by the potential within their investment.

In their statement the Castle Sports Group said the investment was a "commitment to the rich history and tradition" of the club, and spoke of "optimism and enthusiasm" for the years ahead.

"This marks the beginning of an exciting chapter for the club," Tom Piatak wrote.

"We are committed to investing in in is success and building a bright future together."

The new owners will be present at Carlisle's first game since their takeover completion, against Charlton Athletic at Brunton Park on Saturday.

• Options
    clive said:

• Sold: 543

that is a super take up for a long way away day
  • Options
    clive said:

Looks like about 300 people have decided not to travel since the update Clive published yesterday.

Just because it's getting cold at the weekend is a poor excuse :-) 
  • Options
    Another of those baffling football takeovers. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Looks like about 300 people have decided not to travel since the update Clive published yesterday.

Just because it's getting cold at the weekend is a poor excuse :-) 
    A lot more than just clb74's young pal that have dropped out then. Surprised more cheap train tickets haven't been hawked on here. 
  • Options
    clive said:

• Sold: 829

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I can't work out how Twitter embeds work here so you'll just have to click on this instead:

• Options
    I’ll be there
  • Options

• Sold: 869

• Options
    Tickets are available on the day, but with a THREE pound surcharge