Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle (a) 25/011/23

Comments

• Options
    First away of the season for me, about 12 of us on the train.  Shoots up there our train but slow coming back.  
  • Options
    First away of the season for me, about 12 of us on the train.  Shoots up there our train but slow coming back.  
    Should each have a carriage to yourself then.
  • Options
    Elizabeth Line Information for this weekend
    • The Elizabeth line will be closed between Paddington and Abbey Wood due to routine maintenance including planned works to deliver mobile coverage 
    • There will be no Elizabeth line or Heathrow Express trains to Heathrow Airport on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 November due to essential works by Heathrow Airport
    https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2023/november/closures-to-affect-elizabeth-line-and-services-to-heathrow-on-25-and-26-november
  • Options
    Just passed Carlisle on the way to Dumfries, popped into brunton park and put the heated seats on , dry but blooming chilly so top hip flasks up and bring your blankets.
  • Options
    Should be a cracking day this, you expect there to be at least 1 thousand of us and Carlisle look like they may sell out with it being an exciting occasion for themselves (not just playing the Charlton) 
  • Options
    That is brilliant support, particularly given the train costs. Well done all
  • Options
    That is brilliant support, particularly given the train costs. Well done all
    Was going to do a thread tomorrow about people travelling plans as plenty of lovely places in that area to visit and stay for the weekend. Plus must be a local game for some of us Charlton supporting folkes.
  • Options
    Looking at the met office temps for tonight and tomorrow morning, there must be a good chance this doesn’t go ahead.

Got about a 9 hour window of freezing temps going as lows as -4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    Looking at the met office temps for tonight and tomorrow morning, there must be a good chance this doesn’t go ahead.

New owners and hoping to attract more of their owns fans, I suspect they’d play this one no matter what. Besides, -4 is probably bordering T-shirt and shorts weather up there.
  • Options
    Belv said:

New owners and hoping to attract more of their owns fans, I suspect they’d play this one no matter what. Besides, -4 is probably bordering T-shirt and shorts weather up there.
    Out of their control if the pitch is rock hard. 
  • Options
    944, don’t think that is to far of the amount we took when we last won league 1.
  • Options
    They play in these conditions all the time. They'd have loads of postponements if they couldn't cope with a touch of frost.
  • Options
    Approaching and then going over the Ribblehead Viaduct

Stunning pictures mate
  • Options
    Belv said:

@b@blackpool72 @e@ElfsborgAddick
    And you think I'm miserable.
  • Options
    We are taking 1000 to Carlisle*. 
    That is impressive. 
    Well done to those travelling, fingers crossed. 
    *including players and coaching staff
  • Options

filth
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:

Haha just thought it was worth mentioning. The scars of Peterborough remain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

filth
    Was just about to say the same, I’m a married spud.
  • Options
    Belv said:

Staying in Cockermouth with her good self. I won’t say it’s 🥶, but will she notice?
  • Options
    Tip of the cap to our travellers. Gutted can’t do this one. But doing Barnsley. 
    Have a safe trip everyone and I know you will do us proud!!

COYRS!!!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:

Never again mate, you are our bundle of fun <3
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

Are you going tomorrow?
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

Are you going tomorrow?
    I am.
  • Options

Beautiful! Is that the route that the train from London goes?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Not the direct route from Euston no. I went up from Kings Cross to Leeds, then took the very scenic Settle and Carlisle line.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Not the direct route from Euston no. I went up from Kings Cross to Leeds, then took the very scenic Settle and Carlisle line.
    Ah that’s a shame!
  • Options