Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• My prediction:

We are magically solid defensively for the first time in ages but can’t score because May is out.  It’s a charlton thing 👍🏻 
    Ole Miss has a big Fire Bianco thread  Tiger Rant
  • I kind of forget we had Aneke in a way, if we can find a way to get him on the pitch with some regularity then our squad looks completely different 
  • edited September 2023
    Bloody hell, the teams are out... Coin toss is done, we're now having a minutes silence for the recent disasters (?)

Its only just turned 3pm, is this sort of thing allowed? - If this was at the Valley, we'd barely be out of the tunnel
  • Apparently for the one year anniversary of the Queen dying.
  • Not feeling confident, but excited to see how it goes.

• And we're off. Charlton shooting towards the home end first half.
  • Early FK midway in our half, C.Campbell clipped after breaking past their man... FK came to nothing, gone for a Goal Kick after a long ball tried to find CBT
  • Ooo long ball finds Leaburn who out muscles their CB... Goalkeeper was in no mans land, but Miles' chip only went for a throw to us
  • The excellent black kit helps but we look a much bigger side than lately.  Cant be bad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ball gets lofted into our box... Their player wins the header, but Isted gathers comfortably
  • That’s the stand you get in your third year of a football club owner simulation. 
    1. 6'

Post update

Attempt saved. Carl Piergianni (Stevenage) header from the centre of the box is saved.

1. 7'

Post update

Offside, Stevenage. Kane Hemmings tries a through ball, but Jamie Reid is caught offside.

• Shaky start from Abankwah
    1. 8'

Post update

Foul by Michael Hector (Charlton Athletic).

2. 8'

Post update

Jamie Reid (Stevenage) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Poor camera position, one corner of the pitch is blocked by the roof of the stand!
  • Leaburn looking a bit rusty
    1. 10'

Post update

Corner, Stevenage. Conceded by Lloyd Jones.

• I hate to say this but if heading a football really does cause Alzheimer disease there's going to be a few people playing today who could be in trouble in years to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Shaky start from Abankwah
    Really? I think he's dealt with danger pretty well apart from slipping 
  • Is it a bit quiet on here today?
  • SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    Shaky start from Abankwah
    Really? I think he's dealt with danger pretty well apart from slipping 
    Well I jinxed that. I like the confidence just wasn't the right situation to try that. 
  • edited September 2023
    Abankwah showing real inexperience there. Almost cost u
  • Attempt saved. Louis Thompson (Stevenage) right footed shot from outside the box is saved.
  • First warning there from Stevenage, shot from distance just wide of the post... Isted may have had it covered.
  • Uboat said:
    Is it a bit quiet on here today?
    I can add comments from BBC, but they will be a bit behind the game
  • Honestly how is that not a yellow. 

They should have two. I don't care what minute of the game they happen in. 

• Stevenage hit the side netting from outside the area - Louis Thompson's shot looked like it was going in one direction only but it's just wide
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!