Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• we seem to freeze under any kind of pressure

• Charlton don't win the first header but Jones can hack it away
  • Jones makes up for his error by clearing off the line... Everyone else busy playing Musical Statues
  • We signed a goalkeeper on the strength of a good game in the playoffs.
    + willing to sign for us. 
  • Abankwa  needs an R then he can be wanker. He is not very good….
    I’ve thought for a long time that you should be in charge of teaching English to the masses
  • Campbell should have had a loan this season 
  • It's ok Abankwah has a lot of promise and Campbell C is one for the future.  For Wolves.

What is it with our first half performances?!
  • Jones makes up for his error by clearing off the line... Everyone else busy playing Musical Statues
    Now stops Reid in a one vs one
  • Sponsored links:

• where where was Abankwa…….
  • Suicidal defending once again.

Something for Appleton to work on!
  • This is all just boring now…

season well and truly capitulated and we’re barely midway into September - embarrassing! 

Can’t see anything changing, back 4 looks beyond weak and midfield is nothing without Fraser and/or camara. 

• Jones stands up well as Hemmings looks to get a shot away - good block. Smattering of frustrated noises from the away end - been another difficult half
  • Suicidal defending once again.

Something for Appleton to work on!
    But probably won't as he's not very good 
  • One up front is so arse. 
    Oh but wait, all the clever football guys tell us it’s better to set up so we have less chance of scoring….it’s the future
  • I am sorry Tyreece and Anderson are not ready to play in League one at this stage in their careers.  I know we don’t have much choice with May, Kamara and Fraser out but they have been poor all season
  • Laddick01 said:
    Tyreece Campbell seems to be a winger that can't beat his man, cross or shoot with any real consistency. Feel bad saying it but he doesn't really excite me when I watch him play.

He definitely looked much better on the left. Toward the end of last season he was beating his man consistently. But his left foot isn't strong enough to cut in and shoot consistently, and as such he'd a one trick pony.

We have three decent wingers, none of them RW. 
  • Listening on radio not heard T campbell mentioned once. It’s men against boys and I think Appleton knows it, Methvens stupid master plan of playing all these kids really is stupidity 
  • Sponsored links:

1. 45'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Finley Burns (Stevenage) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Kane Hemmings.

• Fumbluff said:
    One up front is so arse. 
    Oh but wait, all the clever football guys tell us it’s better to set up so we have less chance of scoring….it’s the future
    I feel like people said that 20 years ago. 
  • This is all just boring now…

season well and truly capitulated and we’re barely midway into September - embarrassing! 

Can’t see anything changing, back 4 looks beyond weak and midfield is nothing without Fraser and/or camara. 
    I am not even sure those playing in the back 4 know they are in the back 4… our right hand side has more space than NASA.
  • I am sorry Tyreece and Anderson are not ready to play in League one at this stage in their careers.  I know we don’t have much choice with May, Kamara and Fraser out but they have been poor all season
    this, apart from the Orient game.  They are being bullied (fairly) and making no impact
  • Fumbluff said:
    One up front is so arse. 

Yup all the top managers are wrong and some blokes on the inter net are right.
  • If Watson is less effective than Anderson we really are in trouble. He just isn't ready.
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Karoy Anderson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Louis Thompson (Stevenage) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• SDAddick said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Tyreece Campbell seems to be a winger that can't beat his man, cross or shoot with any real consistency. Feel bad saying it but he doesn't really excite me when I watch him play.

He definitely looked much better on the left. Toward the end of last season he was beating his man consistently. But his left foot isn't strong enough to cut in and shoot consistently, and as such he'd a one trick pony.

We have three decent wingers, none of them RW. 
    CBT used to play on the right so he can do it. Has the pace to knock it past and put a cross in. Should've swapped them imo. 
  • Bring Chuks on. He's our only hope.
  • Top 6 squad my arse.
    Another season of mid table shit beckons. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!