Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• Suicidal defending once again.

Something for Appleton to work on!

What has he been working on during his two weeks?

We’ve gone backwards. At least under Holden we couldn’t defend, but on the whole still managed some decent attacks. 

Now we are not even committing anyone forwards yet still look like there’s gaps everywhere at the back. 
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Lloyd Jones (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Carl Piergianni (Stevenage).

• Really strong grab from a Charlton fan behind the goal when a Stevenage cross goes straight out. Made the catch look easy. "Sign him up" from the travelling supporters.
  • Shit ref again. 
  • It's a good job we had two weeks to prepare for this game. Think how shit we might be if we didn't.
  • Genuinely so many poor footballers in this team. Lack of intelligence, bottle and skill
  • Suicidal defending once again.

Something for Appleton to work on!

What has he been working on during his two weeks?

Arguing with Scott about which coaches to bring in.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Fumbluff said:
    One up front is so arse. 
    Oh but wait, all the clever football guys tell us it’s better to set up so we have less chance of scoring….it’s the future

Yup all the top managers are wrong and some blokes on the inter net are right.
    Top managers in.the top leagues
    We are dog shit in Division 3
    Losing to long ball merchants Stevenage 

I swear we're playing a game we're simply not good enough to play.
  • Shit ref again. 
    This league is full of them
  • Off_it said:
    It's a good job we had two weeks to prepare for this game. Think how shit we might be if we didn't.
    Can it be any worse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stevenage fully deserve the lead and are clearly a lot better than us. Going to be a long season for us 

• New manager……Same old shit…..
  • Ness in at HT to play RB? we've got to try something different.
  • Bored now. 
  • Nathan Asimwe is still well in the mix for selection this season I reckon.
  • I don't know how Charlie Kirk could have done worse than either of our wingers 
  • Booed off at HT, deservedly 

• Charlton booed off at the break. Plenty for Appleton to think about at HT
  • Sponsored links:

• Top 6 squad my arse.
    Another season of mid table shit beckons. 
    Mid table ??   More like fighting relegation. 
  • Men against boys so far. We’ve defended reasonably well, although it’s been a bit scrambled at times, but, other than that, we’ve been second best all over the pitch. Really struggling to match their physicality and work rate. The three attacking mids might as well not be playing and Leaburn has not held the ball up well at all. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Fumbluff said:
    One up front is so arse. 
    Oh but wait, all the clever football guys tell us it’s better to set up so we have less chance of scoring….it’s the future

Yup all the top managers are wrong and some blokes on the inter net are right.
    I mean sure, let’s keep doing it, it’s been great for the last couple of years, we’ve all loved watching it
  • edited September 2023
    “Post truth” in League 1 - we have a top 6 squad.
  • Campbell and Anderson out of their depth I’m afraid….
  • Leuth said:
    I don't know how Charlie Kirk could have done worse than either of our wingers 
    He'd have been just as bad. 
  • To sum the 1st half up.
    We had a decent shout for a penalty that wasn't given. 
    Apart from that we have been second best all over the pitch.
    Not a single shot on target 
  • Dreadful.No one comes out of that with any credit. Zero threat, shaky at the back every time they come forward. Far too many passengers. As an aside has Isted made a save in any of the games he has played?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!