Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• Dreadful.No one comes out of that with any credit. Zero threat, shaky at the back every time they come forward. Far too many passengers. As an aside has Isted made a save in any of the games he has played?
    Was thinking that, myself, about Isted. I know AMB has not been perfect, but I have no idea why Isted has displaced him. Bloke is small for a winger as well, let alone a ‘keeper. 

And he's scared of the ball it seems
  • Talal said:
    I didn't think we'd be able to sign a keeper worse than MacGillivray but I think we may have. 
    Shocking , AMB hasn't really done anything wrong 
  • edited September 2023
    Am sorry but how is a Goalkeeper falling over, not a penalty? - If they fall over, and take the man out in the process - Its a foul... its not an opsie daysie, my bad.

I'm sorry Police Officer, but you cant charge me with murder or manslaughter, it was the other blokes fault for standing in the way, when I fell over with a knife in my hand.
  • Anyone have any clue what our game plan was that half?

We didn’t press, we didn’t try and win the ball far up the pitch. I’m not even sure I saw C.Campbell on the pitch, and only Anderson fleetingly. 

Yet also we didn’t look that solid at the back either. 
  • Am sorry but how is a Goalkeeper falling over, not a penalty? - If they fall over, and take the man out in the process - Its a foul... its not an opsie daysie, my bad
    I do think each team should be given one Oopsie Doopsie per game
  • Positives?    Erm,  new kit’s nice. 
    On course for 4 defeats out of 4 in it. 
  • Am sorry but how is a Goalkeeper falling over, not a penalty? - If they fall over, and take the man out in the process - Its a foul... its not an opsie daysie, my bad
    I think the argument is that he didn’t really take the man out. Leaburn left his foot in deliberately to try and win the penalty.

No defending the non-decision on Anderson though. That’s a penalty all day long with VAR.
  • Maybe just maybe we ain't very good at football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us this season and that’s saying something. 433 does not work for us, we can’t create enough and we look so open out wide when defending.

just got to a flat 442 ffs.
    Every manager these days think they’re far to clever to play a 442. It clearly works at this level 
    Can someone attempt to justify this endless 442 malarky

99% of professional managers don't play it

With all the work that goes into analysis, game reviews, all the BILLIONS of pounds in football, teams doing anything to try and get any edge on the competition... They're all getting it wrong?

It baffles my brain that geezers on forums think all these professional setups are missing a trick by not deploying the 442

Steve Evans is the most old school manager in League One, playing direct football, even he doesn't play it!
  • At the time I thought the Anderson one looked more of a penalty than the Leaburn one. Stonewall 
  • ct_addick said:
    New manager……Same old shit…..
    What did you expect. 

SMT at fault once again.

Dont blame manager if players not good enough.
  • SDAddick said:
    Am sorry but how is a Goalkeeper falling over, not a penalty? - If they fall over, and take the man out in the process - Its a foul... its not an opsie daysie, my bad
    I do think each team should be given one Oopsie Doopsie per game
    We’d need about 20 
  • Player marks gonna be carnage tonight.  
  • Laddick01 said:
    Tyreece Campbell seems to be a winger that can't beat his man, cross or shoot with any real consistency. Feel bad saying it but he doesn't really excite me when I watch him play.

Sounds just like Charlie Kirk then. Out of interest how many clubs have sacked Appleton? Very disappointed to have him in charge. Just the cheap as chips appointment, will be lucky to be hear at Christmas, another waste of space!

• Wonder how much crap the new owners will take before they sack (all/some) of the senior management team?
  • Anyone still think this is a top6 squad and that other teams would love these group of players? 

They couldn't look more disinterested if they tried 
  • To me it all puts me in mind of Stockport away last season.
    Lets see if half time can help, I hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    If we had been given one of the penalty appeals our chances of having a shot on target would have increased by around 64.832%.  Robbed.
  • Wycombe 2-0 Hanlan
  • Dreadful as others mention. No desire at all. Players look disinterested. Worrying. I thought Scott said we are no longer a losing team...from now.
  • Top 6 squad my arse.
    Another season of mid table shit beckons. 

Jesus what is all this mid table stuff. Do people just ignore the possibility of relegation, or forget it can happen, or truly think we are too good?

Make no mistake this situation has all the hallmarks of previous relegation scraps. At some point we won’t have the end of season bounce.

We are in big trouble.

• Teams are back out. No changes at the break.
  • ross1 said:
    Remember, MA has not won the first game in charge for all five clubs he managed
    But he is just a Coach for us,isn’t he?
  • Wonder how much crap the new owners will take before they sack (all/some) of the senior management team?
    They'll sack their investment advisors first. And Methven might find a horses head in his bed.
  • I've heard rumours that there were pleas of "Please dont make me go back out there" from the Charlton dressing room a few moments ago.
  • Scott bought in new players, Scott bought in the new head coach and Scott said that today (September 8th) is the last day we are a losing club ... 

might have to revise that  :|
  • Anyone have any clue what our game plan was that half?

We didn’t press, we didn’t try and win the ball far up the pitch. I’m not even sure I saw C.Campbell on the pitch, and only Anderson fleetingly. 

Yet also we didn’t look that solid at the back either. 
    Keep the score down?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!