Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• Back under way. Charlton attacking the end housing the visiting fans now.
  • I think when people keep going on about a top 6 squad, they are thinking of the National league 
  • SDAddick said:
    I hate to say it, but Brownie is right about Dobbo for the goal. He doesn't need to go across there. Jones still with an awful challenge, but if Dobbo held his position he cuts that ball out. 
    He does that far more than people would like to admit.
  • This has Aneke equaliser before pulling his hamstring all over it.
  • Apples making no changes at halftime is...ballsy
  • Aneke must be due a red card or injury if he comes on...
  • Assume MA happy with team if no subs
  • If we keep three in midfield then we stand no chance of getting back into it. Stevenage have four in there with Roberts dropping back in to make a five when needed. 
  • edited September 2023
    lol! I thought there was a ball running along the whole way of the Sponsorship board for a moment, right behind our throw in taker

Was impressed it was balancing quite well, before I realised it was a kid running along with a white hat
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us this season and that’s saying something. 433 does not work for us, we can’t create enough and we look so open out wide when defending.

just got to a flat 442 ffs.
    Every manager these days think they’re far to clever to play a 442. It clearly works at this level 
    Promoted sides last season: Plymouth 5-3-2, Ipswich 4-2-3-1, Sheff Wed 5-3-2
    Wigan and Hull both won the title playing 433 in recent years.
  • Damnit... Lovely ball through to Leaburn, who falls over in the box trying to control it
  • Lol Jones literally wrestled there player there and the ref did nothing.

• Damnit... Lovely ball through to Leaburn, who falls over in the box trying to control it
    Why didn’t he just have a shot himself though? 

• Inconsequential question if the day….why does Dobson have his shirts pulled halfway up his arse?
    1. 49'

Post update

Offside, Stevenage. Dan Butler tries a through ball, but Jordan Roberts is caught offside.

• Dobson booked for a foul on half way - Right decision... Of course the referee got that one spot on

• Yellow card for Dobson, foul in midfield
  • He took a long time to think about that. Easiest yellow he should ever give.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    4-3-3?
    4-3-37 might give us a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Lincoln 1-1
  • Inconsequential question if the day….why does Dobson have his shirts pulled halfway up his arse?
    Wants to get a little sun. No one likes a farmer's tan
  • SDAddick said:
    Apples making no changes at halftime is...ballsy
    Or stubborn. 
  • Part of Leaburn's rehab seems to have involved filling his boots and shirt with concrete.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    4-3-3?
    4-3-37 might give us a chance
    Not with that back four
  • All we can hope for is an Aneke super sub performance.
    1. 52'

Post update

Foul by Karoy Anderson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 51'

Post update

Foul by Kane Hemmings (Stevenage).

• Why is it that fans of teams who play a physical game are the ones that squeal the most when they think their players have been fouled? 
  • Anyone notice how under pressure we are, the instant we get the ball in any danger areas

They have one / two / three players surrounding us
  • Butler is breaked apparently.

Sounds like someone we would sign.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!