Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• Abankwah not impressive so far. 
  • I would take both Campbells off and bring on Tedic and Taylor. Move Miles to the right and use him as an outlet there. Bring Taylor in to the central midfield and tell him to get his foot on the ball and dictate play.

I would give Anderson 10-15 minutes with a slightly freer role, then bring on Watson. 

It's not been great. 
  • edited September 2023

Very Poor first half out fought and out muscled men against boys. Defence is still like a knife through butter. One man midfield some of our players have hardly touched the ball, shocking 😤

• Total and utter crap.

I know Stevenage are hard to play against but we are crap.

Our formation is just not working. Change it for heavens sake. Take one of T Campbell or B-T off. Maybe even both. They are passengers today.
  • Any positives?
    Yup... We battled hard but couldnt quite win the three poi- Wait what do you mean we've got to play another 45mins? - Bugger it

Nope... No positives
  • edited September 2023
    We have all it takes... To be playing in division 4 next season!
  • At what point do we get sick of losing to Evans and just decide to appoint him

(Ironically if almost prefer him to Appleton) 
  • Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Tyreece Campbell seems to be a winger that can't beat his man, cross or shoot with any real consistency. Feel bad saying it but he doesn't really excite me when I watch him play.

He definitely looked much better on the left. Toward the end of last season he was beating his man consistently. But his left foot isn't strong enough to cut in and shoot consistently, and as such he'd a one trick pony.

We have three decent wingers, none of them RW. 
    CBT used to play on the right so he can do it. Has the pace to knock it past and put a cross in. Should've swapped them imo. 
    I agree it's worth a shot, but I think he is better on the left, like both Campbells and Kirk. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't got a positive thing to say about that first half performance. Is that an improvement on what Holden would have offered? At least his teams would press. 

We're back to the old Charlton where the opposition press us, and when they've got the ball, we sit back off of them. 

No attacking momentum at all, everyone isolated, the midfield totally unable to get a grip on the game, the defending just as hopeless as it was before. 

If these were really 'top 6' players, they wouldn't be so shit
  • Remember, MA has not won the first game in charge for all five clubs he managed
  • One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us this season and that’s saying something. 433 does not work for us, we can’t create enough and we look so open out wide when defending.

just got to a flat 442 ffs.
    Every manager these days think they’re far to clever to play a 442. It clearly works at this level 
  • edited September 2023
    I hate to say it, but Brownie is right about Dobbo for the goal. He doesn't need to go across there. Jones still with an awful challenge, but if Dobbo held his position he cuts that ball out. 
  • No change whatsoever. 
    Same formation same tactics. 
    Centre forward isolated. 
    Second to the ball not as hungry as them they look fitter than us.   
    Leaving 1 player at the back to be countered on. 

• In fairness to Abankwah it isn't easy to play RB as a CB. Can't write him off yet.
  • Our defenders are so hopeless I genuinely fear for our place in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    aneke to come around 60th min, and then subbed off again on the 78th…
  • That goal is a comedy of errors
  • Dreadful.No one comes out of that with any credit. Zero threat, shaky at the back every time they come forward. Far too many passengers. As an aside has Isted made a save in any of the games he has played?
    Was thinking that, myself, about Isted. I know AMB has not been perfect, but I have no idea why Isted has displaced him. Bloke is small for a winger as well, let alone a ‘keeper. 
  • One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us this season and that’s saying something. 433 does not work for us, we can’t create enough and we look so open out wide when defending.

Every manager these days think they’re far to clever to play a 442. It clearly works at this level 
    I don’t know how correct the sky app is, but fleetwood and reading are the only teams playing it and are both losing at home…..

Promoted sides last season: Plymouth 5-3-2, Ipswich 4-2-3-1, Sheff Wed 5-3-2
  • Top 6 squad my arse.
    Another season of mid table shit beckons. 
    Come on Blackpool72 deep down you knew that already. You and I are both experienced enough having seen Charlton since the mid 1960s.
  • Dreadful officiating... dreadful defending... clear pens before their goal.
  • Positives?    Erm,  new kit’s nice. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!