Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    You've got to give the bloke credit you really do...

So many injuries, what must it do a persons mindset even when they're back on the pitch.

i.e. For some there must be a little voice in you're head which says... "Dont go into that challenge, you might get injured again, and who knows where that'll leave your career" - I guess in some ways its the difference between a normal person like us, and a Footballer... Its what separates them from being able to have the balls to play the game at a decent level, compared with someone who sits at a desk after only a handful of years in the game.

Chuks for example came on last night, and was just bulldozing his way, ended up with a potential wack on the head, and still kept going - Even after everything he's previously been through whilst as a Charlton player!! - Fair play
    Yeah I was really impressed with that - as soon as he came on he was bang up for it. A lot of other players would have taken it easy I imagine but he seems full of confidence
  • Options
    I noticed that in the moments when the ball was out of play (which was a lot, cheers Lincoln!) he was pep talking himself and looked like he was praying. Clearly putting a lot of pressure on himself to make an impact and stay fit. I really hope he does for our sake and his. There was so much affection for him yesterday and he gave a lot in his cameo, it would be nice if he can have a really strong end to the season
    It's what makes him fascinating to watch. 
    He's highly skilled but also wants a ruck!
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Anyone else noticed that when the ball's out of play he walks around with his hands out, palms up, talking to the sky... I'm not sure if he's praying or psyching himself up but he does it all the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He really seemed to buzz off the crowd yesterday, think he really appreciates that on the whole people don’t get on his back and are grateful when he plays 
  • Options
    We should remember that he was on Arsenal's book from the age of 7 and there for 13 seasons. 

His ability is well known. 

https://www.arsenal.com/historic/players/chuks-aneke
  • Options
    Amazing the impact he makes given how few minutes he plays. 
  • Options
    A fully fit Chuks is a cheat code in League 1.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    I loved how when he came on he just staring kicking off with all our players telling them to “come on”
    I loved that less than a minute on the pitch he was shit housing their defender.
  • Options
    Just worked out our Points Per Game (PPG) with & without Chuks.

With Chuks - P8 W4 D4 L0 = 16 points = 2.00 PPG

Without Chuks - P24 W3 D7 L14 = 16 points - 0.83 PPG
    That's a hell of a stat.

It's brilliant and heartbreaking at the same time how much effect he has on the game, the other players and the fans.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We should remember that he was on Arsenal's book from the age of 7 and there for 13 seasons. 

His ability is well known. 

https://www.arsenal.com/historic/players/chuks-aneke
    Definetly looks better with red sleeves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton are leaving me flat at the moment; however, these posts about Chuks are heartwarming. Lovely stuff guys.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    aliwibble said:
    Kap10 said:
    mrbligh said:
    I loved how when he came on he just staring kicking off with all our players telling them to “come on”
    I loved that less than a minute on the pitch he was shit housing their defender.
    Nice picture of that I think
    Love it poor lad looks worried, needs a caption……..…
    ‘My name’s Chuks and I’ll be making your life hell for the next 30 mins son’ 
  • Options
    Excellent snap
  • Options
    What a lift he gives to us. Thats been missing since CBT left
  • Options
    Just need him to stay fit and healthy on the pitch. Scares 😱 the life out of the opposition and makes stuff happen.
  • Options
    Chuks vs Ricardo Santos could be a fun battle come Saturday