Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    Do people genuinely think Chuks is gonna be the messiah. I’d Love to think so, but experience tells us he’ll be injured again fairly soon 

No, but we recognise he is our best chance of getting out of it. That statement is a sad indictment of our club and is an absolute disgrace.
  • Options
    Terry Jones says he's not
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    What was the question?
  • Options
    Do people genuinely think Chuks is gonna be the messiah. I’d Love to think so, but experience tells us he’ll be injured again fairly soon 
    Yeah he will be, I don’t think anyone’s denying that. The point people are trying to make is if he’s fit for 5 games and helps us to 10 points then that could be the difference between going down and staying up. It seems crazy imagining that we would get 10/15 but his record speaks for itself.
  • Options
    Totally agree, just can’t see him lasting 5 games (even at 20-30 mins a game)

as I said above, really hope I’m wrong. Just hope we don’t ever try starting him again 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Just a very naughty boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually think in the fullness of time of all the "returnees" it will be Camara's that will be the biggest difference maker to the team in terms of whether we stay up or not, but I absolutely think Chuks will have a part to play even if it does only turn out to be 5-7 20 minute spells at the end of games - we have seen before what a difference one single goal could have made when we were last relegated - there's nothing to say it won't come down to that this time too
    I think the same, if Camara stays fit for the run in he could be a missing piece in the midfield. 

But I also think you're right, people are talking about 10 points' difference in the run in, it might literally come down to one or two goals Chuks scores/creates that Kanu and Ladapo wouldn't that is the difference in our season. 
  • Options
    Surely worth paying for chucks to have his own fill time physio, dietician, masseuse, sports psychologist. Especially if one person is available who van do all those jobs 😁
  • Options
    stating the obvious but Ladapo is lacking fitness and confidence but nothing that a goal wouldn’t change - there is definitely a player in there.However DK deserves his start and I hope he will tonight
  • Options
    stating the obvious but Ladapo is lacking fitness and confidence but nothing that a goal wouldn’t change - there is definitely a player in there.However DK deserves his start and I hope he will tonight
    Why would Ladapo be lacking fitness?
  • Options
    Not played much!
    Match fitness
  • Options
    So if i score a goal will i suddenly be match fit despite having only been on one 5k run since November? Im off down Goals. 
  • Options
    If he’s available long enough to get us 10-15 points then he might not really need to contribute more than that.
    But he hasn’t had a good spell like that since he’s been back .  Indeed, he only had a spell like that in the 2020/21 season.  I love the optimism but..
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    If he’s available long enough to get us 10-15 points then he might not really need to contribute more than that.
    But he hasn’t had a good spell like that since he’s been back .  Indeed, he only had a spell like that in the 2020/21 season.  I love the optimism but..
    I think that’s in part because we keep thinking he can start consecutive games.

Every time he comes back from injury, he has a new manager who thinks if they ‘manage’ him differently his body will suddenly allow him to do things it’s not capable of.

We need to accept that he doesn’t play more than 30 minutes and he may just have one of those ‘good spells’ again.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I don’t think Ladapo is a starter to be honest, again, he’ll be a right pain with 30 to go, but not to get a game going 

Think that’s how we should go tonight. Kanu deserves a start in my opinion and then can look to bring Ladapo on for 30 mins. Maybe if needed Chucks as well with May in the hold if go to a diamond and need a goal. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 13
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Get him out there and instruct him to under no circumstances do an extended sprint, even if there's the possibility of a one-on-one. Extended sprints have done his hamstring at least the last two times
    Yep, get him in the line up and fine him a day of wages for each sprint he breaks into. Just put him up front, have him goal hang and let the ball stick to him. That would solve 80% of our problems.
    The ball doesn’t stick to him though.  He’s got  nuisance value and physical presence when he turns up but let’s not pretend his hold up play is that outstanding .  It might be the best in our squad , I’ll give you that .
    He's a battering ram against a tiring defense, the absolute mess he made of Stevenage's back four when he came on was something else. 

He's physical, has a great touch, and can score. We just need to use him in 20/30 minutes bursts 
    I really contest “great touch”.  A battering ram against a tired defence , yes .  

The whole thing about Chuks is that you don't think he has a great touch, (or he looks like he won't have a good touch because he's such a unit), and then he shows you that he does.

You'd hope he's had top experts looking at his hamstrings (I think they're the issue?) to try to resolve his frailties. You'd think the UK Athletics sprint guys would have access to the top people, and Chuks has the build of a sprinter, and maybe some of the muscle problems they're susceptible to.
  • Options
    edited February 13
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Get him out there and instruct him to under no circumstances do an extended sprint, even if there's the possibility of a one-on-one. Extended sprints have done his hamstring at least the last two times
    Yep, get him in the line up and fine him a day of wages for each sprint he breaks into. Just put him up front, have him goal hang and let the ball stick to him. That would solve 80% of our problems.
    The ball doesn’t stick to him though.  He’s got  nuisance value and physical presence when he turns up but let’s not pretend his hold up play is that outstanding .  It might be the best in our squad , I’ll give you that .
    He's a battering ram against a tiring defense, the absolute mess he made of Stevenage's back four when he came on was something else. 

He's physical, has a great touch, and can score. We just need to use him in 20/30 minutes bursts 
    I really contest “great touch”.  A battering ram against a tired defence , yes .  

The whole thing about Chuks is that you don't think he has a great touch, (or he looks like he won't have a good touch because he's such a unit), and then he shows you that he does.

You'd hope he's had top experts looking at his hamstrings (I think they're the issue?) to try to resolve his frailties. You'd think the UK Athletics sprint guys would have access to the top people, and Chuks has the build of a sprinter, and maybe some of the muscle problems they're susceptible to.
    Certainly for L1 his touch is amazing, there have been times when it’s blown my mind how he’s kept it at his feet
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:

What adjectives to you use for a modric / de bruyne level of footballer is his is great?  
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Rothko said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:

Certainly for L1 his touch is amazing, there have been times when it’s blown my mind how he’s kept it at his feet
    He’s got the build/strength of a target man but he’s also technically very good. He used to play as a number 10 and in the Arsenal academy. He can do it all (other than stay fit) which is why he’s so good 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I don’t think Ladapo is a starter to be honest, again, he’ll be a right pain with 30 to go, but not to get a game going 
    I'm baffled by the amount of people that appear to have written Ladapo off as some kind of carthorse. The guy scored plenty of goals at this level and got promoted out of this division THREE times.

But after just a few weeks coming into a shit team that is losing most weeks, has no confidence and creates very little, he's suddenly deemed to be this terrible player. Maybe, just maybe, Charlton are the problem and not him.
    I haven’t written him off, but Ipswich used him a lot as a finisher, once Conor Chaplin and the gang had done their worst 
  • Options
    Is there no kind of support that footballers can wear to keep their hamstrings from doing whatever hamstrings do? Similar to knee supports.
    Ballet tights.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    I'm baffled by the amount of people that appear to have written Ladapo off as some kind of carthorse. The guy scored plenty of goals at this level and got promoted out of this division THREE times.

But after just a few weeks coming into a shit team that is losing most weeks, has no confidence and creates very little, he's suddenly deemed to be this terrible player. Maybe, just maybe, Charlton are the problem and not him.
    I haven’t written him off, but Ipswich used him a lot as a finisher, once Conor Chaplin and the gang had done their worst 
    Agreed. I think the difference between Ladapo and Chuks is that Ladapo needs chances to be created. He's a player who perfect in a good side who create chances, which we are not which is why he's proved ineffective so far. Chuks on the other hand can fashion chances out of nothing in a poor team.
  • Options
    Believe me...once you've got dodgy hamstrings, you're stuck with them. All you can do is be sensible, play within yourself and hope you get a good run of games before they go again...because they will.