Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

Teams

Europe:
Rory Mclroy (Q)
John Rahm (Q)
Victor Hovland (Q)
Tyrell Hatton (Q) 
Matt Fitzpatrick (Q)
Rob MaCintyre (Q)
Lowry 
Fleetwood
Rose
Straka
Hojgaard
Aberg

USA:
Schefller
Wyndham Clark
Harman
Cantlay
Homa
Schauffele
Justin Thomas (WC)
Koepka (WC)
Speith (WC)
Morikawa (WC)
Sam Burns (WC)
Fowler (WC)

On paper as per, USA look ridiculous. However it doesn't work like that and on home soil so it should be a cracker! USA are slight favourites but we have some good match  players. 

The Ryder cup has never been held in Italy before. 

Play is due to start 7.35am on Friday 29th September 2023 

Current Holders : 2021 USA beat Europe 19-9 , Dustin Johnson was the top scorer winning 5/5

Format/ Order: Day 1: 4 foursomes AM, 4 fourballs PM
Day 2: 4 foursomes AM, 4 fourballs PM
Day 3 12 singles

Race to 14 1/2, who wins? 

Prediction: USA by about 4 points

Comments

• Options
    I'm going out there for the weekend, have Saturday tickets. First time to the Ryder Cup and looking forward to the action! Anyone been before/is going next weekend?
    We went to Gleneagles and Paris. Both were amazing. Get there as early as possible and pick a spot to catch each group go through. If you have a plan of the course it helps you move about after that.
    Enjoy
  • Options
    I'm going out there for the weekend, have Saturday tickets. First time to the Ryder Cup and looking forward to the action! Anyone been before/is going next weekend?
    Will be class that, Ryder Cup and a trip to Rome!!  Enjoy mate.
  • Options
    absolutely love the Ryder Cup - just slightly behind the World Cup and Euro's for me.

my birthday next Friday so cannot wait for this
  • Options
    Wow, i am very jealous! i would love to go sometime, i will no doubt. 
  • Options
    USA by 4.5

Now, off to the Solheim Cup thread....
  • Options
    absolutely love the Ryder Cup - just slightly behind the World Cup and Euro's for me.

Agreed one of the highlights on the sporting calendar for me too! I am off on the Friday, not sure if i will watch at home or if i can find someone to go pub for the afternoon session :)
  • Options

With you on that. 

In 2012 we had Wiggins winning the tour, the Olympics with Super Saturday and all that, yet the sporting highlight for me was the Miracle of Medina.

I think Europe will win by 2 or 3 points.
  • Options
    I think it's going to be very close - ignore the world rankings, home advantage is huge at this event IMO

very glad we aren't at home next Saturday
  • Options
    Definitely one of the best sporting events for me. Could be very close, possibly even a tie. Not good in the Solheim so far, US could win all 4 this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the Solheim Cup on sky.
    What the fuck is all that annoying music going on.
    Driving me mad
  • Options
    Tomorrow it starts, who is taking a day off to watch the golf? I was tempted to meet a mate in the pub for the afternoon session, but not sure he is so keen. 

Gone for Hatton at top scorer, based on a tip 20/1 worth a small dabble 
  • Options
    was watching some of the pro-am last night, course looks amazing, some cracking closing holes
  • Options
    Can't wait to watch it. EU have a strong team and seem very 'together'. May have a cheeky small bet on them winning all sessions.
  • Options
    Can't wait to watch it. EU have a strong team and seem very 'together'. May have a cheeky small bet on them winning all sessions.
    Yeah i agree, i am coming round to Europe will win now. I think USA is the typical superstars/ individuals but its being tipped to really suit the Europe golfers so every chance of that one, what odds would that be? Surely its no bigger than 10/1? 
  • Options
    Anywhere I can watch it on my mobile at work? 
  • Options
    Saulc23 said:
    I would guess Sky go, you might find streams. Not sure it will be on youtube or anywhere else, if i see anything i'll try and post 
  • Options
    USA were 4/7 a few weeks back. Now you can get 11/10!!! On paper they should win but Ryder cup on home turf isn’t always that simple. Thought hooigaard was a strange pick. Would have had Meronk over him all day long. 
    Anyway can’t wait! 
  • Options
    USA were 4/7 a few weeks back. Now you can get 11/10!!! On paper they should win but Ryder cup on home turf isn’t always that simple. Thought hooigaard was a strange pick. Would have had Meronk over him all day long. 
    Anyway can’t wait! 
    Yeah its definitely come in alot, last time i checked was 10/11 USA (last night), i agree with your logic, i rate Hojgaard and he has had some good form but equally expected Meronk who has had a good season. 

Better than a major for me, i do like them but this is classic matchplay! 
  • Options
    Saulc23 said:
    I would guess Sky go, you might find streams. Not sure it will be on youtube or anywhere else, if i see anything i'll try and post 
    Or download the NOW app and pay for a day’s subscription for Sky Sports for the live stream.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah i agree, i am coming round to Europe will win now. I think USA is the typical superstars/ individuals but its being tipped to really suit the Europe golfers so every chance of that one, what odds would that be? Surely its no bigger than 10/1? 
    EU to win every session with Skybet is 50/1 the US is 66/1, if that helps
  • Options
    Genuine question - do the american players care much about this? I get that it is an effort to turn an individual sport into a team sport but I've wondered if one of the teams doesn't really feel like a team, if you see what I mean. Anyway, 28 degrees in Rome, should be a fabulous thing to go to. 
  • Options
    Absolutely they do, especially having not won over here for 30 years. Really looking forward to it and expect it to be very close. Wouldn't be surprised if we get another tie like the Solheim last week, although hoping Europe can Edge it.
  • Options
    Just watched the Junior Ryder Cup comp that's just finished. EU won 20 1/2 to 9 1/2  points.
    Or in other words,  we mullered them!
  • Options
    My boss is going - flies out early tmrw, and has Friday, Saturday and Sunday tickets - am I envious, you bet I am

I watched the pro am thing last night, and course looks a cracker - some of the rough is seriously tough, which is good to see

Too close to call for me - will be very close 
  • Options
    When are the matches announced ?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    In about an hour or two once all the cemeronial fluff is done.

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/ryder-cup-2023-pairings-tee-times-friday-foursomes

The first session will feature four matches, which will begin at 7:35 a.m. local time. The matchups will be announced Thursday afternoon during the Opening Ceremony, which begins at 4 p.m. local.
  • Options
    Live on sky from 3pm today. Opening ceremony and then the first session matches announced. 
  • Options
    Viktor Hovland has a hole in 1 at the par 4 5th in his practice round 
  • Options
    This opening ceremony is heavy going………