Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

Comments

• Options
    Wow...love it. Love seeing the Yanks moaning!
  • Options
    We can expect a comeback of sorts today I suspect, setting up the final day.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    9 of the 12 US players have had 5 weeks off since the Tour Championship.   That's crazy.  You have to play your big players in most matches also and despite beimg out of form, Thomas and Spieth are big players. 

I fear it'll all but be over for America after the Foursomes this morning....

• Options
    supaclive said:
    9 of the 12 US players have had 5 weeks off since the Tour Championship.   That's crazy.  You have to play your big players in most matches also and despite beimg out of form, Thomas and Spieth are big players. 

I fear it'll all but be over for America after the Foursomes this morning....

Resting, in reality rusting.
  • Options
    First three American tee shots into the cabbage on the right. Good stuff. 
  • Options
    First three American tee shots into the cabbage on the right. Good stuff. 
    TBH, I’d prefer the US to have a good day to set up an exciting set of singles. But jeez have they played poorly.
  • Options
    The most we were ever down at Medina was 6 points.  I think anything more than that is totally undo able.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Speith is playing line a 15 handicapper here. 
  • Options
    As much as I want us to totally smash them, in a weird way I’d like to see them make a bit of a fist of it today to set up tomorrow

if we only need a point or 2 from the singles it doesn’t make it quite so dramatic

….ah sod that, let’s win it today 
  • Options
    Just smash them! We have the advantage don't take foot of their throat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Has anyone ever won a ryder cup match 8&7? 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Only that time Seve beat Stevie Wonder. 
  • Options
    Speith really is poor 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Been done twice, both times America wins.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but is Cantlay the most miserable looking golfer ever?
  • Options
    As a few above have alluded to, I actually would like the US to make a fist of it today. Going into tomorrow needing just a couple of points would be such an anti-climax. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    What would they do if we DID reach the 14.5 today?

Absolutely no Golf tomorrow?
  • Options
    What would they do if we DID reach the 14.5 today?

Absolutely no Golf tomorrow?
    The singles carry on once someone has won, or retained, so I assume they play anyway.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but is Cantlay the most miserable looking golfer ever?
    And the slowest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A 9&7 win against Scheffler and Koepka would really rub their noses in it.
  • Options
    Radar is funny. 
  • Options
    Wish the commentators would stop apologising for the occasional sweary. 
  • Options
    How come both teams are wearing similar coloured tops. Surely some discussions go on between the 2 teams ?  Not saying they shoukd play in blue/red every day but both playing in white seems a little odd.
  • Options
    I think the Nicklaus Jacklin award should go to the entire American team for so sportingly not turning up. 
  • Options
    How come both teams are wearing similar coloured tops. Surely some discussions go on between the 2 teams ?  Not saying they shoukd play in blue/red every day but both playing in white seems a little odd.
    Anything is better than the European tops from yesterday with the sweat patches.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Been done twice, both times America wins.
    What about 9&7? 

Largest ever :smile:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Nope, 9 and 7……wow! 
  • Options
    9&7

brilliant.
  • Options
    9&7 it is. I wonder if we'll see either of those Americans this afternoon, certainly not Koepka.