Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    How long before someone being interviewed tells the prat with the mike to piss off.Zach Johnson,clearly upset said all the right things,acted with great dignity but still got pummelled with meaningless and repetetive questions,all the players wanted to do was celebrate,but no, how does it feel,what does it mean,same old over and over again ffs  stick that mike up your arse.
  • Options
    Especially when they're teeing off on a 600 yard par 5 hole.
  • Options
    I had no interest in golf until I retired 15 years ago,my sons insisted that I took it up as my old legs would not be able to grace the squash courts forever(they did until I was 75)I now consider the Ryder cup the greatest sporting spectacle there is,indeed football finals are now well down the list of sporting occasions .Cricket one day finals,and Tennis Finals for me are now far more exciting than the backwards and sideways fare we are served up with.You can actually play the Marco Simone course,I believe for around 200 E in off peak periods,might suggest this as an 80th birthday present from my family next year.
  • Options
    But did you shout 'in the hole'?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Forget the golf, this is the real quiz. Any guesses at how much a classic chocolate Magnum cost on the course?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forget the golf, this is the real quiz. Any guesses at how much a classic chocolate Magnum cost on the course?
    €10?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    iaitch said:
    But did you shout 'in the hole'?
    No. I would have followed my normal pattern.

Relax
    Just one swing thought - Alexander Cadugan
    Swing
    FFS
  • Options
    €10?
    7 which I thought was disgusting enough
  • Options

For the stat geeks. 5 of the top 7 shots gained being European.
  • Options
    So. Donald for the next one or not?

I know it takes huge amounts out of whoever does it, so big decision for him and his family if offered
    I think consistency is going to be huge to have any chance out there. 100% yes from me.
  • Options
    Donald gotta be a shoe in for next one, especially away and working with a young team
  • Options
    Donald gotta be a shoe in for next one, especially away and working with a young team

I think that may be the key.

Assuming they are up for it, appoint a European Captain for two events - home first and then away. It's clear home advantage is key so what better than to have a Captain who has already had a home event to take the team away? Luke for 2025 and then Justin for 27/29.

Then who knows, depends if the rift can be healed and Garcia, Westwood, Stenson and Poulter can get back in the frame. If not then Lowry for 31/33 and Rory for 35/37. Nothing like planning ahead!!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    bobmunro said:

Assuming they are up for it, appoint a European Captain for two events - home first and then away. It's clear home advantage is key so what better than to have a Captain who has already had a home event to take the team away? Luke for 2025 and then Justin for 27/29.

Then who knows, depends if the rift can be healed and Garcia, Westwood, Stenson and Poulter can get back in the frame. If not then Lowry for 31/33 and Rory for 35/37. Nothing like planning ahead!!
    Slow down Bob, now that is very pre-planned. Go find a site that might give you the odds for those :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Not convinced that the Liv lot would make good captains anyway 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to New York already. Low expectations of a win, nothing to lose!
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I might be a bit outspoken on this one but I think crowd behaviour at the Ryder Cup is just getting a bit too OTT.

The crowd does contribute to the spectacle for sure but it just seems more fervent year on year ..think it might get nasty next time over in NY
    Agreed, booing players when they name is read out on the first tee is just a bit dumb. But, and I may be wrong here, but wasn't it the American crowds who started it?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    So that makes it alright if the Europe crowds do it then?
  • Options
    https://x.com/flushingitgolf/status/1709973452684144777?s=20 This could have been deadly, if this was last week.
  • Options
    Cigar stubs?
  • Options
    https://x.com/flushingitgolf/status/1709973452684144777?s=20 This could have been deadly, if this was last week.