Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrible Football Badges

Reading's is an awful badge isn't it. It's just an horrible mishmash of seemingly random stuff that's been thrown together in a hurry. Being more than a bit sad, I looked up their badge history and it seems to be a club that's taken very little interest in such matters. At one point they even had badge so bland that it's rumoured to have been designed by Ian Brandfoot's daughter. My favourite of theirs is the old one with Elm trees and 'two blue moustaches' representing the Kennet and Avon. It seems that with the change of ground, they wanted to forget the stadium name. I guess Madejski would be a bugger to depict.

Reading's isn't the very worst football badge though and there's bound to be other posts here soon. After all, we've got Lincoln next. What an abomination they wear on their chests.

Comments

• Options
    Always a mistake to mess with a clubs badge. Ours is an odd one. Think we should have stuck with the Robin theme. The sword seems very random although we’ve all got used to our current badge. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Reading's is an awful badge isn't it. It's just an horrible mishmash of seemingly random stuff that's been thrown together in a hurry. Being more than a bit sad, I looked up their badge history and it seems to be a club that's taken very little interest in such matters. At one point they even had badge so bland that it's rumoured to have been designed by Ian Brandfoot's daughter. My favourite of theirs is the old one with Elm trees and 'two blue moustaches' representing the Kennet and Avon. It seems that with the change of ground, they wanted to forget the stadium name. I guess Madejski would be a bugger to depict.

Reading's isn't the very worst football badge though and there's bound to be other posts here soon. After all, we've got Lincoln next. What an abomination they wear on their chests.

'There are no Lions in England, so any reference to them by English football clubs is automatically shit'

:D 
  • Options

Thankfully they've changed it now.
  • Options
    Two Asiatic Lions at London Zoo
  • Options
    Thoughts on this one? Footballs look like they’re from clip art 20 odd years ago.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Always thought Torquay's is awful.

Was bad anyway:

Then got worse:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Thoughts on this one? Footballs look like they’re from clip art 20 odd years ago.

It's a good job they registered that as a trade mark or everyone would be nicking it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    The Lincoln badge depicts this wee fella.

Sure, he's an ugly little f**cker, but he fits right in with the locals and at least there's a proper local history and connection.
    That's ElfsborgAddick 
    Fcuk knows what he's doing in the Lincoln badge. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    We have a great badge. Not too complicated and very clean. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bournemouth in terms of terrible badges. Reading's is not the best but certainly not one of the worst IMO.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Close the thread

Quelle horreur!

1861 my hairy arse.
  • Options
    tom_k said:

This badge from the Leeds disastrous rebranding will be hard to beat.
    Leeds have had 13 badges since 1908. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    The new San Diego FC MLS team logo is pretty bad 
  • Options
    tom_k said:

Leeds Utd were formed in 1919.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tom_k said:

Leeds Utd were formed in 1919.
    Right, but they didn't have any between 1908 and 1919.
    Leeds Utd came from Leeds City who were disbanded in 1919 for illegal payments to players during WW1.
  • Options
    Close the thread

Quelle horreur!

1861 my hairy arse.
    Firstly they change the kit to be like Barcelona, then changed the kit so it looks like a fictitious team called Richmond, just shows they have a zero history.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Close the thread

I thought we weren't allowed to post images of a **** on here
  • Options
    Close the thread

Preferred it when it burned to the ground in1936. 

• Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    Genuinely didn't realise they'd actually got 1861 on the badge.

They have a date on the official club badge to show the date that a different club were formed.

Bizarre.
    They’re trying to claim that they’re the oldest professional football club in the world.
  • Options
    tom_k said: