Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrible Football Badges

Comments

• Options
    No mention of Fulham yet?
  • Options
    The comment underneath this one made me laugh 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No mention of Fulham yet?
    Theirs is terrible, but their old one was problematic: Two crossed Charlton-style swords overlaid on a wavy sea of blue and white.  I don't suppose the swords were seen as too bad, but the background looks more suited to QPR, which I'm not sure would have gone down well. Of their old badges, their one from the thirties of a dilapidated cottage complete with a broken window and cracked walls is my favourite. 

• Options
    West Ham yesterday had a white badge on a white shirt.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    tom_k said:

This badge from the Leeds disastrous rebranding will be hard to beat.

Yorkshire Whites v South London Reds

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I am pretty sure I read a long, well researched, very detailed article by an actual Crystal Palace fan that debunked the 1861 myth.
    They started in 1905, same year as us and Chelsea.
    The main difference between the three clubs is that Chelsea and Crystal Palace were started by money men hoping to capitalise on the growing football phenomenon, but we were started by poor lads from industrial mean streets who wanted to go a little bit further than a street kick about.
    Fortunately a kindly chip shop owner looked on our young club with benevolence.
    Do we know enough about the truly legendary Arthur Bryant?
    We know his name was Arthur Bryan not Bryant.

While he did help give us our unique nickname and was involved his role in the growth of the club is somewhat overplayed by some according to those who have researched those early years in detail.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    The new San Diego FC MLS team logo is pretty bad 
    I quite like it…
  • Options

Thankfully we only adopted this badge for a short period in the early 60s
  • Options

What does the motto mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We use time
    it was the old coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich
  • Options
    Genuinely didn't realise they'd actually got 1861 on the badge.

They have a date on the official club badge to show the date that a different club were formed.

Bizarre.
    They’re trying to claim that they’re the oldest professional football club in the world.
    I knew that but thought it was more a fan thing that the club would say no that's bollocks.

Should have known....
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Maybe Palace could have a similar badge?
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

We use time
    it was the old coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich
    We use time

That explains all the bookings for timewasting we get.
  • Options
    What an abomination this is:

I was under the impression we wouldn't have to see that horror again now they have this: 

Sure it looks like Jim Davidson has designed a cartoon for Portuguese school kids, but surely this is infinitely better than a big ball of barely legible letters in Palace colours.

The elephant is apparently due to some historical link between Bolton and Coventry (yes, really). The motto 'Supera Moras' is that of the borough of Bolton. There seems to be more than one possible translation of this phrase with Overcome difficulties, Overcome hindrance, the magnificent Overstaying your welcome and the bizarre Get over blackberries all being suggested online. The consensus seems to be that Overcome Delays is the correct translation. Though even this is a little joke. It being, according to Wiki, a pun on the Latin name of the town: "Bolton-super-Moras". 

• Options
    Stig said:
    I've just noticed the logo of 'Friends of Fulham', the website where I got the picture above. With that design, it looks to me as if they'd rather be friends of another London club.

I like the way they've added 20 08, representing the number of members and their average age