Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Connor Wickham might be the physical presence up top we need.

Not a "pretty" or "glamorous" signing but a lump to lead the line.
    Another of those players where it's a bit of a head scratcher why he's been unemployed since the summer, having proven his fitness last season.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    But it does assume the Reading player would want to move from one unstable club to another? Also, one relegation battle to another. 

A bit like JCH, our bid might be accepted but it could be a waste of time and effort.
    Were not unstable at all we now have owners in who have a good structure and more important money .. I would say this is the most stable this club been off the pitch since Richard Murray .. ( not his last few years of course ) 
    How's this going ?
  • Options
    Derby have signed Dwight Gayle till the end of the season 
  • Options
    If he's actually motivated then he should be a decent signing for them. He was in the Premier league only 2 years ago.
  • Options
    If he's actually motivated then he should be a decent signing for them. He was in the Premier league only 2 years ago.
    3 goals in his last 45 appearances (all at championship level) suggests he is majorly in decline.
  • Options
    Bit of a shock, not exactly light up top.
  • Options
    That’s Aneke done for the season, then!

• Options
    Wow, if fit a good signing.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    That’s Aneke done for the season, then!

That would explain it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 8
  • Options
    Has been training with us for the last two weeks 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Has been training with us for the last two weeks 
    It was Connor that kicked Chuks
  • Options
    "Nathan Jones has hinted that Charlton are close to picking up another free agent soon. One he knows well. Two names I've heard today are Kazenga LuaLua and Tarique Fosu. He worked with LuaLua at Luton. Fosu was at Stoke after he left so I'd guess more likely the first one"
  • Options
    "Nathan Jones has hinted that Charlton are close to picking up another free agent soon. One he knows well. Two names I've heard today are Kazenga LuaLua and Tarique Fosu. He worked with LuaLua at Luton. Fosu was at Stoke after he left so I'd guess more likely the first one"
    Effectively trials for Wickham and another ahead of next season, and a strong finish can only help with further signings. If it doesn’t work out they should at least help us get the last few results we need to stay up.
  • Options
    Either is worth a punt. We need cover for the Anderson no 10 position and someone who can run into the channels/space. Jones must not fancy Campbell in that role, especially as he’s not playing ball with his contract
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    mendonca said:
    But it does assume the Reading player would want to move from one unstable club to another? Also, one relegation battle to another. 

A bit like JCH, our bid might be accepted but it could be a waste of time and effort.
    Were not unstable at all we now have owners in who have a good structure and more important money .. I would say this is the most stable this club been off the pitch since Richard Murray .. ( not his last few years of course ) 
    How's this going ?
    Perfectly ..
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Effectively trials for Wickham and another ahead of next season, and a strong finish can only help with further signings. If it doesn’t work out they should at least help us get the last few results we need to stay up.
    If true I am more pleased by the principle than the players generally speaking - the idea of using what is left of this season to try and implement a new approach and possibly a few new faces now rather than trying to do it all over the summer seems a pretty good one.

I think Ipswich did something similar before they got promoted - essentially using the last months of the season to reset and get a head start on the next.

Obviously they were far ahead of where we are now so this is absolutely not a promotion prediction for next season but I do think that a team that Jones has more influence over will have both a higher ceiling but more importantly a higher floor too. 
  • Options
    Yann’s brother in law apparently 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Yann’s brother in law apparently 
    Lua Lua that is in case anyone is confused.

He's 33 and currently playing in the Greek Super League, Division 2. I'd be surprised at this one to be honest. Doesn't seem what we need remotely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuaLua isn’t a free agent so wouldn’t be able to sign? 
  • Options
    The article says he has been training with us 
  • Options
    Are we sure he wasn't released in the last window by his Greek club?
  • Options
    On the Greek clubs own website he isn't in their squad of players.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    The article says he has been training with us 
    Yes sorry I hadn’t seen the article when posting. Must have been released by the Greek side 
  • Options
    How big is our squad now? We already are able to leave the likes of L Watson, Fiorini, Camara, Edun and Ness out of the 18, plus the likes of Chuks, Ramsay and Jones also missing from today's 18.
  • Options
    How big is our squad now? We already are able to leave the likes of L Watson, Fiorini, Camara, Edun and Ness out of the 18, plus the likes of Chuks, Ramsay and Jones also missing from today's 18.
    Not to forget Taylor too.