Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PSA testing 2024. Portsmouth at home on Saturday, February 24th, 2024.

Comments

• Options
    Good to see this being supported. Any 'macho' blokes left thinking about it, should just book it and show the world how macho you really are.
  • Options
    Tracey said:
    I will ask them tomorrow to increase the numbers. Last year we had 500 appointments available so it
    should be the same. 
    I have increased the number of phlebotomists on last year also as there was queues at certain times. 
    Thank you for all your support. 

There's a new word for me!

As I've been very low 2 years running, will skip the 2024 session. Really comforting to know though.
  • Options
    Tracey said:
    I will ask them tomorrow to increase the numbers. Last year we had 500 appointments available so it
    should be the same. 
    I have increased the number of phlebotomists on last year also as there was queues at certain times. 
    Thank you for all your support. 

There's a new word for me!

As I've been very low 2 years running, will skip the 2024 session. Really comforting to know though.

Just because it’s been low isn’t necessarily a good reason to not have it done. Ideally it will be low again but if it has moved up significantly, early as possible is the time to find out not a year or so later.

• Options
    Booked in a week ago.
     I need to use the best testing available as a previous scan showed a moderately enlarged prostate.
  • Options
    Anyone can request a free blood test from their GP to check their PSA levels. 
  • Options
    bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I booked when first announced. Had problems with the site last year and ended up getting the home test kit instead. Number was a little over the red level and my GP got me straight on the 2 week check. All found ok, thankfully, but don’t put off having the check just because you were OK previously. Get yourself checked lads! 
  • Options
    Booked. Hopefully I'll make it this time: 2022 covid, 2023 GP sent me for a test a couple of weeks beforehand.
  • Options
    King Charles having an operation for an enlarged benign prostate.
  • Options
    Go to the game even if you're undecided.

Taking this test could ensure supporting our fantastic club for more years than expected.
  • Options
    Two of us all signed up, without this being available and my talking about it my old mate wouldn't have bothered, he tends to avoid medical stuff. Thanks for those involved.
  • Options
    Not all local NHS trusts are as good at promoting PSA testing but it is fairly widely available through your GP practice when you reach 50, younger if you have family history.
  • Options
    Afternoon guy's, just bumping this on the good lady's behalf as February approaches.
    If we can get all the red tape sorted, I'll be at The Valley rattling a bucket with one of my dogs to help @Tracey raise the funds towards this charity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve booked my test a while back and now won’t be able to attend. So I emailed them, as I believe they offer a home testing kit, so hopefully I can take a test this year.
  • Options
    Email received today confirming home kit being sent out. Excellent service. 
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Just a reminder folks as the game v Portsmouth gets closer, get yourself booked in for a test. 
    Those already booked are reminded that testing day will now be known a “Keohane Day” just a little prick! 
    I’ll be there v Portsmouth with Bowyer collecting on the day, we’ve also got match tickets with pitch side access so he could liven the game up 😂
    Still a few quid short of the required target for Prostate Cancer so if you can find a way to donate or I’ll take off your hands on the day. https://app.goodhub.com/barry-kilby-prostate-cancer-appeal-9189
  • Options
    Just a couple of weeks away from the day @Tracey still in need of a few quid to help meet the costs.
    So if you can stretch to chucking a few pence in the direction of the link below it would be appreciated.
    https://app.goodhub.com/barry-kilby-prostate-cancer-appeal-9189
  • Options
    I signed up and paid what seems like ages ago.
    Will it be a question of turning up at the door and my name being on a list?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They insist that you print out the paperwork and take it will you. The last couple of times I’ve done that, they didn’t use it and it went straight in the bin.
  • Options
    I signed up last night on my phone - where in the ground is it taking place?
  • Options
    I signed up last night on my phone - where in the ground is it taking place?
    Entry through the main reception in the West Stand.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They insist that you print out the paperwork and take it will you. The last couple of times I’ve done that, they didn’t use it and it went straight in the bin.
    Oh.
    I didn’t know that, or have not been told that.
    My home printer has been out of operation for years, hopefully they will provide an alternative to having to do that.