Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PSA testing 2024. Portsmouth at home on Saturday, February 24th, 2024.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Green 1.54. Phew!

As always thanks to all for the superb organisation of this event.

In and out in a couple of minutes even though I was 30 minutes early and forgot my form.
  • Options
    Best wishes to those with high numbers.

Thankfully a green result for me, down to 0.59 from 0.83 last year.
    Suggests next test in 2026 but I don't think that I'll skip a year. I'd rather have the peace of mind.
    I find the recommendations slightly confusing. My number have regularly come up in the low risk green area where you can skip 3 years, but the recommendation is always to do it annually. I wonder if it's based on family history as my mother had breast cancer.
  • Options
    Best wishes to those with high numbers.

Thankfully a green result for me, down to 0.59 from 0.83 last year.
    Suggests next test in 2026 but I don't think that I'll skip a year. I'd rather have the peace of mind.
    I find the recommendations slightly confusing. My number have regularly come up in the low risk green area where you can skip 3 years, but the recommendation is always to do it annually. I wonder if it's based on family history as my mother had breast cancer.
    That is definitely to do with family history. I was in exactly the same position last year, as my mother also had breast cancer.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Mine is green 0.92.
    I assume that is a good thing hopefully.
    If you scan down your result it gives you the figures according to age.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Best of luck to those who have results of Amber/Red.
    We’re here for you ♥️
  • Options
    Green, 1.48 for me and a slight improvement on the outcome last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relieved at a green result, score marginally down on last time. Thank you to all involved in the organisation of this wonderful initiative, it was such a smooth process on Saturday and very best wishes to those who need a follow up. 
  • Options
    Naive in all this, how can you reduce your score? 
  • Options
    As others have mentioned, this was a very well organised process. I also went last year & got another green pass thankfully. However, last years reading was 3.05 & this year it was 4.79 ( I turned 70 in January) . Not sure if this is something to worry about. I have booked an appointment at the doctors to discuss though. Seems a bit high in a relatively short timeframe. 
  • Options
    edited February 27
    As others have mentioned, this was a very well organised process. I also went last year & got another green pass thankfully. However, last years reading was 3.05 & this year it was 4.79 ( I turned 70 in January) . Not sure if this is something to worry about. I have booked an appointment at the doctors to discuss though. Seems a bit high in a relatively short timeframe. 
    You’ve done the correct thing. Over 4 needs a repeat blood test and a DRE. Further investigation will also be required if second test or DRE is suspicious. I’m in same boat as you. My result from Saturday was 6.26 so Red. Waiting for call from doctors to attend later today. 

Do not hesitate to utilise the Imperial College Rapid Trial if your GP is willing to use the referral tool. Info on results e Mail. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks Covered End . And good luck SHG. Hope it goes well for you. 
  • Options
    Best wishes AOG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes AOG.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, those comments mean a lot to me.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Tracey said:
    Thank you again to everyone who donated and those that came for the tests. 
    The results from the testing day are as below:-
    470 men tested 
    430 green
    16 Amber
    24 Red

Thinking of the men who have received the red/amber result. Please contact me if you need any support. 

Thanks again for arranging Tracey - I attended with 2 friends and the three of us, unfortunately, got red results. The 3 of us are seeking advice and thinking positively.

Saw my GP today and the 'physical examination' didn't find any obvious signs other than an enlarged prostate (which I have had for the past year and take tablets for) and I will be going for an Urology appointment within the next two weeks.  

Good luck to all others with amber and red results.

I had a red result a few years back (14 score, I think?) which was very scary. Had several examinations and then requested, and was sent for, an MRI scan. 
    Fortunately it just showed an enlarged prostate.

If anyone requires surgery you should google Ben Eddy. Two cameramen at ITN were operated on by Ben using the Da Vinci machine. One had a very enlarged prostate, the other had cancer. The operations were 100% successful and they are both fine today. 
    I’m not sure if robotic surgery is available yet on the NHS, but my colleagues were covered by medical insurance. 
    I heard that in the US the Da Vinci machine is used extensively (even exclusively?) now. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    801912601 said:
    Tracey said:
    Thank you again to everyone who donated and those that came for the tests. 
    The results from the testing day are as below:-
    470 men tested 
    430 green
    16 Amber
    24 Red

Thinking of the men who have received the red/amber result. Please contact me if you need any support. 

Thanks again for arranging Tracey - I attended with 2 friends and the three of us, unfortunately, got red results. The 3 of us are seeking advice and thinking positively.

Saw my GP today and the 'physical examination' didn't find any obvious signs other than an enlarged prostate (which I have had for the past year and take tablets for) and I will be going for an Urology appointment within the next two weeks.  

Good luck to all others with amber and red results.

I had a red result a few years back (14 score, I think?) which was very scary. Had several examinations and then requested, and was sent for, an MRI scan. 
    Fortunately it just showed an enlarged prostate.

If anyone requires surgery you should google Ben Eddy. Two cameramen at ITN were operated on by Ben using the Da Vinci machine. One had a very enlarged prostate, the other had cancer. The operations were 100% successful and they are both fine today. 
    I’m not sure if robotic surgery is available yet on the NHS, but my colleagues were covered by medical insurance. 
    I heard that in the US the Da Vinci machine is used extensively (even exclusively?) now. 
    Robotic surgery is available on the NHS.