Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Will try and go next Friday. The Euros clash with the Blast in 2 weeks, which will impact gates I imagine.
  • Thanks SO much for that, Pedro45 ! 

It's really heartening to hear about our young players coming through especially when they perform so well against "the old enemy" ! 

Long may it last.
  • I'm assuming Harry Fulton is son of David? If he more of bowler as he didn't bat?
  • edited June 2
    I'm assuming Harry Fulton is son of David? If he more of bowler as he didn't bat?

Harry is the son of David and he has a brother called Freddie. Harry is more of a batsman and opens for Whitstable 1s and whilst he does pick up wickets his overall ER isn't that great. Whitstable have, in fact, four relations of current/former Kent cricketers in their 1s - Jaydn and Sam (nephew and brother of Joe), Harry Fulton and Ethan Saggers, son of Martin, who is also in the Kent age group system.  
  • Stream has no score which is somewhat annoying
  • Stream has no score which is somewhat annoying
    2 quick wickets down so perhaps it's best not to know the score....
  • 116-3 after 13.3. I hadn't realised the game started at 1pm. A very early start for a T20, perhaps they should have played a John Player 40 over match instead  :)
  • batting line up feels like it’s missing an Alex Blake sort of player in it, oriordan just doesn’t cut it. 
  • batting line up feels like it’s missing an Alex Blake sort of player in it, oriordan just doesn’t cut it. 
    Or even the actual Alex Blake. He might have been past his best, but surely better than O'Riordan?

How long will Leaning be out for? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Limped to 165.

Is it the wicket ? Or their bowling ? Or their field placings? Or our batting ? 
  • Limped to 165.

Is it the wicket ? Or their bowling ? Or their field placings? Or our batting ? 
    Yes 
  • Hampshire need more than 2 runs a ball tough ask hopefully 
  • 42 runs from 18 balls 
  • An over of 2 halves from Swanepoel there...
  • Throwing this away - 18 needed off 11.
  • Big wicket. Weatherly gone for 49.

16 off 8 required.
  • Unbelievable
  • Sponsored links:

• Evison the hero with 3 important wickets, but a dropped catch hands it to Hants. 

Oh well, closer than I thought after our innings. 
  • Some poor death bowling by our overseas bowlers there
  • We lost our way after a great start. 59-0 after 5.4 overs (RR 10.4) but then 106-9 off the final 14.2 overs (RR7.40) isn't good enough. 
  • how did we lose that ? 
  • edited June 2
    Blake is still a fantastic fielder too....
  • Went to the match. Very enjoyable, I like the Rose Bowl (as I prefer to call it) as a venue. Weather helped. Kent began well but lost some poor wickets and limped to 165 which didn’t seem enough. Hants’ power play almost identical to Kent’s: good start, both number 3s scored nought and they also fell away and behind the run rate. How did Kent lose? With 42 needed off three overs, Fuller hit Swanepoel for three successive straight sixes to reduce it to 24 off 2.5 overs. Kent fought back, 9 needed off the last over: 1 W 1 then Stewart bowled a short ball that Lawson pulled for 6! One final piece of note: when Parkinson, following up, was hit and pole-axed by his batting partner, the bowler had ample opportunity to run him out but he simply picked up the ball and walked back to his mark. 
    Fair play to Wood because it was the penultimate ball and the final one was hit by Evison for a boundary. Given how close the match was, his sportsmanship could easily have cost Hants the match. Not every player at any level would do that.  
  • Just realised I credited Fuller with scoring 18 runs off one ball! Of course, it should have read Hants needed 24 off 2.3 overs.
  • Somerset at The Spitfire tonight. 
    Kent won the toss and will bowl first