Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    25-3 off 3 overs
  • Options
    1 run off the last four balls.
  • Options
    Why, in a 5 over game, are Meredith and Ball allowed to bowl 2 overs each? I get one doing so because of us doing so as they came off for rain but not two?
  • Options
    Billings run out for 16 (10)

34-4 off 3.4
  • Options
    Is Muyeye injured because he hasn't come in yet?
  • Options
    Evison caught on the boundary for 2 (4)

41-5 off 4.4
  • Options
    46-4 off 5 overs. Somerset win by 14 runs. 
  • Options
    What a total fiasco ! 

This was our best chance of beating Somerset, or so I thought and what do we do ?

Utter shambles .

I am SO angry.

Not sure we can be a*sed to travel to Canterbury on Sunday now. 
  • Options
    Crawley and Billings back to their best!
  • Options
    Just feels like a continuation if last season at the Valley. Poor to average players whose best hope is for the opposition to be so confident they drop all their decent players.
    The pathetic bright spot is I expect us to lose all the time now so there are occasional happy moments. But frankly I'm dreaming of the return to action at Charlton. 
    Grim stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I didn't go to this one judging on the performance so far! 
  • Options
    Glad I didn't go to this one judging on the performance so far! 
    Ditto.
  • Options
    Dread to think how bad this team will look when Bartlett leaves in a couple of games
  • Options
    Dread to think how bad this team will look when Bartlett leaves in a couple of games
    They haven’t looked that good with him in it!
  • Options
    Horrendous again. Gilchrist bowling awful. 
  • Options
    What a pathetic performance this is, new all time low 
  • Options
    Clearly the Kent players want the game to finish early to give them time to get home and watch the football...
  • Options
    Pathetic from start to finish. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately was there absolutely abysmal performance, worst I seen. 
  • Options
    Useless dollops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 17
    Unfortunately, we are at a crossroads.

Too many players that aren't good enough, out of form, getting on a bit or that have other priorities beyond KCCC plus an inability to produce home grown players that are banging down the first team door demanding a place (apart from those that we have we haven't been able to keep for fear of upsetting the establishment). Every so often, we will produce a performance but that just serves to paper over the cracks and 3 wins from 13 matches in all competitions, including one against the team that is above us in second bottom place in the CC and another against the bottom side in the Blast, who we then lost to, rather says it all.    

We're now starting to lose players from our women's team to Surrey as a result of the ECB's decision not to grant us elite status and that is going to happen in the men's game too if and when we are relegated from Div 1 of the CC. We could find ourselves in a few years time in a pool of counties including the likes of Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire, Northants etc and it's not beyond the realms to see us competing with them in a minor counties league. Who will want to join us, be that an established pro or progress through our age group system through to the first team, then? Just ask the likes of Berkshire and Devon about what happens to their up and coming talent once they reach 15 or 16 for the answer to that one.   

All rather depressing. 
  • Options
    Is fitness an issued with Stobo? Hadn't played since March, bowled one over in the 5 over thrash against Somerset, left out of yesterday's game (despite only playing one of our four overseas) but now in the 2s side for their 3-day game against SACA.  
  • Options
    Interestingly, SACA have one A S Tendulkar who I am assuming is Arjun Sachin Tendulkar and the son of the Little Maestro. I know that he was an MCC Young Cricketer but his last game was in the IPL a month or so ago. 
  • Options
    Any news about Leaning?

Last season DBD scored a massive innings then got injured and was out for a few weeks. This season it's Leaning who got injured playing the massive innings and has been out ever since. 
  • Options
    Any news about Leaning?

Last season DBD scored a massive innings then got injured and was out for a few weeks. This season it's Leaning who got injured playing the massive innings and has been out ever since. 
    No news apart from the main site saying he is still injured along with Agar, Quinn, Klaassen and Cohen plus Swanepoel missed the match through illness. We have seven seamers playing in the SACA match namely Arafat, Jas, Garrett, Stobo, Adam Sylvester and Oliver Curitss. Sam Topping, ex Sussex, keeper/batsman is also playing.  
  • Options
    If I was depressed after yesterday's capitulation, AA's post this morning has threatened to send me over the edge. 

It was a big decision whether to travel to Canterbury yesterday or to pay £5.99 and watch the stream AND not have to worry about getting home before the England match kicked off last night. 

Normally I can't wait for the white ball matches to start but sadly, I'm now questioning whether our purchase of the 6 pack tickets was less than wise this year.

Are there no positives, no Plan B to help remedy this very concerning situation ? 

Worried of Wadhurst. 
  • Options
    If I was depressed after yesterday's capitulation, AA's post this morning has threatened to send me over the edge. 

It was a big decision whether to travel to Canterbury yesterday or to pay £5.99 and watch the stream AND not have to worry about getting home before the England match kicked off last night. 

Normally I can't wait for the white ball matches to start but sadly, I'm now questioning whether our purchase of the 6 pack tickets was less than wise this year.

Are there no positives, no Plan B to help remedy this very concerning situation ? 

Worried of Wadhurst. 
    I wouldn't ordinarily be that concerned but these are different times with the ECB's desire to streamline county cricket and the affect that will have on the non-Test/Hundred hosting clubs. You never know, though, a string of three or four wins and everything might, all of a sudden! Players do have to start turning up though and one or two performances per individual, every half a dozen matches or so, does absolutely nothing for us. The stark reality is that they haven't done so which is why we are in the bottom two of the CC and the Blast. 
  • Options
    Any news about Leaning?

He’s gone on holiday to Pisa in Italy
  • Options
    Kent 2s declared on 351-4 off 69 overs - Finch (19), Compton (83), Jaydn (40), Topping (80*), Stobo (96) and Curtiss (3*) 
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/wes-agar-set-to-return-for-third-kent-stint-in-2025/

Wes Agar is off home with his injury, but will be back next summer.