Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• 3 wins from 15 games in all comps this season. Two of those wins came against the sides bottom and second to bottom in the respective divisions. We have been poor all season and it is difficult, with so many players out of form, to see how we are going to turn this around. 
  • Another battling performance by the boys tonight. 
  • Kent Shite
    England Football Shite
    England Cricket Shite
    Charlton Shite

What a time to be alive!
  • I'm waiting for the One Dayers. 

We've GOT to be good at some form of the game ! 
  • I would like to be the bearer of some good news. However, would I be right in saying that Jimmy Anderson and Nathan Lyon are both going to be playing against us in the CC game starting Sunday? 
  • Kent Shite
    England Football Shite
    England Cricket Shite
    Charlton Shite

What a time to be alive!
    these are the times that make winning that more enjoyable…
  • I would like to be the bearer of some good news. However, would I be right in saying that Jimmy Anderson and Nathan Lyon are both going to be playing against us in the CC game starting Sunday? 
    Come on, AA ! 

It's not April 1st !!!!
  • 1StevieG said:
    Kent Shite
    England Football Shite
    England Cricket Shite
    Charlton Shite

What a time to be alive!
    these are the times that make winning that more enjoyable…
    Sadly, we don’t win that much!

Unfortunately because of the poxy Hundred a great competition has been reduced to a reserve fixture. 
    Because of that I've lost interest in it.

Unfortunately because of the poxy Hundred a great competition has been reduced to a reserve fixture. 
    To be fair, I would still expect Surrey’s reserve team to beat Kent’s first 11 without breaking sweat 
  • Sponsored links:

To be fair, I would still expect Surrey’s reserve team to beat Kent’s first 11 without breaking sweat 

4th team 😉

4th team 😉
    Ruthless. You don’t even play with us and say 3rd, you go straight to 4th!!!!!

it would probably be an even game though!!

4th team 😉
    Oy i thought we were mates
  • Stewart injured, Stobo and O'Riordan play. We're batting first, opening we'll still be batting when I arrive in an hour's time...

https://x.com/KentCricket/status/1804810983388434736?t=oQ5yzUrarSRmFErH2gTrjQ&s=19
  • Lyon plays, but no Jimmy Anderson which is slightly surprising as he needs to start playing at some point before his farewell Test.
  • Kent’s batting options are so poor!!!
  • Lyon plays, but no Jimmy Anderson which is slightly surprising as he needs to start playing at some point before his farewell Test.
    According to our own review "Zak Crawley has been recalled by England ahead of the beginning of their Test Series with West Indies in a couple of weeks". That would be a couple of weeks after the end of this game. On the basis of what he has produced for us, there's no guarantee that he would get a score but there is always the chance that he would and he's potentially a lot better than the alternatives. So it does beg the question as to why Ollie Pope, for example, who has equally struggled, hasn't been recalled by the ECB too? 
  • 58-2 after 18 overs, really good are Kent 🥴
  • Finally, Evison has been moved up the order and Muyeye shifted down.
  • 96-2 after 27 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• 102/2 at lunch, a reasonable effort. Compton straight driving well, we need these two to go on as the batting lineup is so thin.
  • Jaydn and Qadri practicing in the middle at lunchtime. Jaydn still looks ridiculously young 😂
  • Some kid also practicing for Lancs. 

• Worth the entry fee alone. 
  • Evison caught behind, after endless playing and missing after lunch 
  • 113-4
  • Lancs not missing Anderson, they're seamers have been really good.
  • 166-5  after 55 overs. This is supposed to last four days 🥴
  • Good effort by Stobo, but Lyon bowls him just before tea. 

A very slow over rate, we're still playing the afternoon session gone 4!
  • Can’t bat, can’t bowl.