Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• I was informed that Leaning has a broken hand, so out for a while you'd think 
  • I was informed that Leaning has a broken hand, so out for a while you'd think 
    Our batting resources will look even thinner when Zak departs for England (not that he's scored much for us)
  • https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/wes-agar-set-to-return-for-third-kent-stint-in-2025/

Wes Agar is off home with his injury, but will be back next summer.
    ......to play in Division 2

• Joe Denly is the latest to pull up injured. He's replaced in the squad by his nephew. Swanepoel returns but Stobo, despite making his debut in the game before last and then in a 3-day 2s match, isn't considered once again. One presumes that he is being saved for the big CC match against Lancashire starting on Sunday.

May be an image of 1 person playing soccer and text
  • Had thought about going on Friday, but might skip that and go on Sunday to the CC game, as there's the annual CAMRA beer tent, and you need to be pissed to watch Kent at the moment!
  • Managed to turn around an horrendous start. See if they can finish it off well
  • Swanepoel has not looked good in a Kent shirt so far. Stewart not having the best year either
  • Sussex 201/7

Bowling figures:
    O'Riordan: 3-0-31-1
    Bartlett: 4-0-27-2
    Swanepoel: 4-0-53-1
    Stewart: 4-0-51-0
    Parkinson: 4-0-31-3
    Evison: 1-0-7-1
    🤢🤢🤢

• Evison under-bowled and will probably come in too far down the order once again.

Hopefully they can turn this around but after recent performances I'm not holding out much hope

• As a Sussex fan I didn't expect to get up to 200 after our middle order crumbled as usual. 

Xavier Bartlett looks a real talent , I'd seen plenty of him in the BBL but he looked very very handy tonight. Less said about Swaenpoel the better!

Still think 201 with the short boundaries is easily chasable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crawley bowled for 4, once again. 4/1
  • Crawley looks so out of nick , worrying for the upcoming tests. 
  • Really soft dismissal from O'Riordan 
  • Swanepoel is absolute dogpoo, send him back to South Africa. Recruitment has been shoddy and Stewart once again going for runs, just a shambles from top to bottom  
  • As an outsider who doesn't watch that much of Kent it feels like watching tonight an overseas batsman would have been a better move than Swaenpoel, someone that could potentially bat #3 over O'Riordan. I know obviously Leaning and Joe Denly were missing and would have given a bit more depth to the batting order but it felt all way too reliant on DBD and Billings. 
  • But, Crawley’s back, according to Kent!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    As an outsider who doesn't watch that much of Kent it feels like watching tonight an overseas batsman would have been a better move than Swaenpoel, someone that could potentially bat #3 over O'Riordan. I know obviously Leaning and Joe Denly were missing and would have given a bit more depth to the batting order but it felt all way too reliant on DBD and Billings. 
    Unfortunately, the lack of home grown seamers and our historically fragile bowling attack mean that we have to go for that type of overseas player. Sussex had Robinson and Mills tonight whereas we had Gilchrist and Stewart. The budget is only so big so, having spent out on Agar and Bartlett, we are having to look at the next level down for replacements. 

• I was looking forward to a decent evening of sport following my  support in the early hours for our national team in the Caribbean.

Oh dear.

What I witnessed was disappointing to say the least.

No doubt many posts have been made on England's "performance" in Germany whilst I watched another defeat for our Spitfires v our local county in Hove. And I can't believe there were many plaudits for Southgate's team. 

Suffice to say there were few positives to take from this evening's cricket either although Bilbo's lads did their best against a county that's flying high alongside the likes of Surrey (spit!). 

Watching sport can bring a great deal of happiness at  Fanackapan Towers.

But not tonight.

Still it's only 7 weeks 'til THE foorball season kicks off.

Aaaahh..... :s
  • I was looking forward to a decent evening of sport following my  support in the early hours for our national team in the Caribbean.

Oh dear.

What I witnessed was disappointing to say the least.

No doubt many posts have been made on England's "performance" in Germany whilst I watched another defeat for our Spitfires v our local county in Hove. And I can't believe there were many plaudits for Southgate's team. 

Suffice to say there were few positives to take from this evening's cricket either although Bilbo's lads did their best against a county that's flying high alongside the likes of Surrey (spit!). 

Watching sport can bring a great deal of happiness at  Fanackapan Towers.

But not tonight.

Still it's only 7 weeks 'til THE foorball season kicks off.

Aaaahh..... :s
    England ease down to the level of mediocrity that Charlton can effortlessly produce every Saturday, and Kent match them with bat and ball.
    Are there vapes you can get to ease the hunger for sport, without the frustration our teams serve up?
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't buy the tickets, but tonight was at Lord's tonight to see Middlesex vs Surrey. Luke Hollman took an incredible 5-16, all top order players, but otherwise they were dismal. How Kent managed to lose against them last week beggars belief.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    As an outsider who doesn't watch that much of Kent it feels like watching tonight an overseas batsman would have been a better move than Swaenpoel, someone that could potentially bat #3 over O'Riordan. I know obviously Leaning and Joe Denly were missing and would have given a bit more depth to the batting order but it felt all way too reliant on DBD and Billings. 
    Unfortunately, the lack of home grown seamers and our historically fragile bowling attack mean that we have to go for that type of overseas player. Sussex had Robinson and Mills tonight whereas we had Gilchrist and Stewart. The budget is only so big so, having spent out on Agar and Bartlett, we are having to look at the next level down for replacements. 

I must admit we are incredibly fortunate that the ECB aren't currently bothered about Robinson's workload it seems , I never really had him down as a white ball bowler but he's been very effective at the start of the innings and will be a hard player to replace after the break for the Championship games. Mills playing every game has been a real surprise given his well documented fitness issues and how in previous years he's had to be cleverly managed in terms of how many games he played. 

It's always tricky with overseas and availablity and then you have unfortunate situations like Agar's with his injury making him have to fly home that ruin any best made plans. Bartlett only being available for the first 7 games is a bit of a blow too because I thought he looked fantastic last night given Hove isn't the easiest ground for quicks. Hopefully Stobo can step up for you and fill that role. 
  • No change to the squad

• Not able to go to Canterbury tonight so £5.99 will be added to KCCC's coffers.

A couple of tranquilisers and a couple or three  glasses of vino is my recipe for a stress fee warch...

But still living in hope rather than expectation :/
  • I think Crawley is due a decent innings, if another failure, what is the point playing him?
  • ross1 said:
    I think Crawley is due a decent innings, if another failure, what is the point playing him?
    20 off 20 tonight

Kent 156-7
    Essex 93-3 off 9
  • Swanepoel one of the worst bowlers I've seen
  • 0-43 tonight from him
  • To rub salt in the wounds Cox hit 26 off 8 balls tonight

125-4 off 12
  • Just the 5 overs to spare for Essex. I didn't watch, but the slower bowlers were more economical. To be fair, by that point Essex didn't need to really go for it...