Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2023 🎅

Comments

• Options
    Angels and Demons weren't that bad
    Yeh, it was ok 
  • Options
    Godfather definite choice tomorrow 
  • Options
    Which one do you think is the better film, Godfather part 1 or 2? Part 3 is universally rated much lower but I enjoyed all three. All of them are timeless masterpieces IMO.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Which one do you think is the better film, Godfather part 1 or 2? Part 3 is universally rated much lower but I enjoyed all three. All of them are timeless masterpieces IMO.
    I’d probably say part 2 is my favourite, part 1 is brilliant too though.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Jessie said:
    I’d probably say part 2 is my favourite, part 1 is brilliant too though.
    This
  • Options
    Angels and Demons weren't that bad
    I thought it was awful. Hanks deserved the nomination for his mullet alone ! The DaVinci Code was ok. 
    Both were absolute drivel but then the books were so badly written the films were never going to be any good.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    29th DECEMBER
    -----------------------------------------
    11.25PM             -                  ITV4                      -            THE LONGEST DAY
    3.25PM                 -               CHANNEL 4            -            PLANES , TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
    10.45PM               -               CHANNEL 4             -             THE GODFATHER PART II
    12.50PM               -               SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES            -         STAND BY ME
    8.00PM                 -               SKY CINEMA HITS               -           BULLET TRAIN
    ANYTIME               -               AMAZON PRIME                   -           SALTBURN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    3.05PM                    -                GREAT! movies                  -             NATIONAL SECURITY

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY

PLANES , TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNCEJ4DtpA

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Is Saltburn similar to The Riot Club? 

Riot Club is a hideous film, keen to avoid Saltburn if it’s a similar theme. 

Great choice today with Planes Trains Automobiles. 
  • Options

I’ve not seen Riot Club but Saltburn is pretty wild . There’s some memorable scenes . 
  • Options

I’ve not seen Riot Club but Saltburn is pretty wild . There’s some memorable scenes . 
    Thanks @Bedsaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched and enjoyed Saltburn.
  • Options

The people in The Riot Club are awfully despicable...
  • Options
    Jessie said:

The people in The Riot Club are awfully despicable...
    Sounds intriguing . 
  • Options
    Not a film but the festive edition of Gone Fishing is on BBC2 tonight at 9pm.
    I know it’s a favourite of some on here (sorry to but in @Bedsaddick 😘😘)
  • Options
    Not a film but the festive edition of Gone Fishing is on BBC2 tonight at 9pm.
    I know it’s a favourite of some on here (sorry to but in @Bedsaddick 😘😘)
    No Problem. I love that show too
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    30th DECEMBER
    -----------------------------------------
    5.00PM               -               CHANNEL 5            -           THE FUGITIVE
    6.00PM                -              BBC1           -              PADDINGTON 2
    9.30PM                -              ITV4            -               ROCKY IV
    8.00PM                -              SKY CINEMA THRILLER               -              THE HURT LOCKER
    10.15                   -              SKY CINEMA PREMIERE               -               SISU
    ANYTIME             -              NETFLIX                -                 PAIN HUSTLERS

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    6.00PM                 -               GREAT! Christmas              -             A CHRISTMAS CRUSH 

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY
                                                                             SISU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NnPzpuU5ao

• Options
    Sisu is such an enjoyable film!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Sisu is such an enjoyable film!
    It’s in my top 10 of this year . Loved it 
  • Options
    Great choice today 

Rocky 4 
    The Hurt Locker 
    Sisu 

In that order and you will not be disappointed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Great choice today 

Rocky 4 
    The Hurt Locker 
    Sisu 

In that order and you will not be disappointed 
    I urge anyone who’s not seen Sisu to give it a go . 
  • Options
    Watched Saltburn last week. Absolutely loved it. Dark, funny and twisted as f**ck.

At least 3 OMG did they really do that scenes in it.

Barry Keoghan in the lead role is fantastically deranged.
  • Options
    Hurt Locker for me
  • Options
    Laurence of Arabia was on this afternoon. Epic. Think its repeated on new years day. 
  • Options
    Laurence of Arabia was on this afternoon. Epic. Think its repeated on new years day. 
    It still looks amazing but boy is it a struggle to get through at three hours and thirty eight minutes. 
  • Options
    Jesus, watching Saltburn currently and I've had to have a break 

Barry Keoghan is a wonderful actor but already he has made me dry heave twice. 

Rosamund Pike and Richard E Grant stealing every scene they are in too
  • Options
    Carter said:

Sounds like pretty much the same reaction as my daughter! Let me guess, you have witnessed him "emptying" the bath?
  • Options
    Carter said:

Sounds like pretty much the same reaction as my daughter! Let me guess, you have witnessed him "emptying" the bath?
    Well that was mental!