Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did you join Charlton Life?

Comments

• Options
    6 days away from my 10 year anniversary. Going to do something special I reckon
  • Options
    2014 as DOUCHER - think I had a year or so off before that but posted as Bexley Dan before that from probably 2006/7 ish I’d say - forgot my password when I wanted to come back and air sone views on duchatalet so started a new one hence the silly name DOUCHER - might go for something like Kevin next 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    August 30, 2006. Prior to that, Netaddicks.
  • Options
    Jan 2008, but I'd been lurking most, if not all, of 2007
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Profile says 11/10/2006 = but I am sure there was an earlier version ?  
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    November 24, 2013, a recent newcomer, only 10 years 
  • Options
    3rd October, 2006.  Almost at the start!
  • Options
    July 17th 2010 apparently.

Was on BBC 606 forums before that
  • Options
    March 17, 2008

Cant believe it’s been 15 years!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    July 17th 2010 apparently.

Was on BBC 606 forums before that
    Same here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    June 1st 2013 after ages lurking 
  • Options
    2 Feb 2015. It was the anti Duchatelet stuff that led me here.
  • Options
    When I joined Charlton were 7th in the Championship giving us early hope of a quick return to the Prem (it never happened). The previous day we'd beaten Palace 1-0, thanks to a single Todorov goal. Another one for the forgotten players list.
    Culturally is seems to have been a pretty shit time:
    Kanye West was number 1 in the singles chart with Stronger.
    Handbuilt By Robots by Newton Faulkner was number 1 in the Album Charts.
    My Baby Left Me by Elvis Presley was number 1 in the Indie Chart. (Seriously, WTF?)
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was the best selling book that year - couldn't find a weekly listing. 
    The most watched TV programme in the last month was The X Factor, with 9.8 million people watching a single show. 
    In the News, Egyptian police found 2.75 tonnes of explosives in the Sinai desert that they believe were bound for Gaza.
    Two days after I joined there was a heatwave with temperatures in the 30s.

The date 02/09/2007

• Options
    edited December 2023
    14 Jan 2016 as @unjpc49427 before morphing into 🗡️🐟 on 16 May 2022
  • Options
    Swordfish is definitely more memorable.
  • Options
    ... and very Charlton. Great name.
  • Options
    August 2006 I was conscripted 😉
  • Options
    Mmm, only in 2015. Which kind of makes sense now I think back. I grew up a member of a rugby playing family near Rugby. My dad worked Saturdays and we only ever watched Coventry play on the TV (sky blue cup cakes during the 1987 FA cup win).

I had watched Charlton play before my son was born, in the Jimmy Seed stand with my ex-mother in law (not then ex, possibly I wasn't then married even). She used to work for Warwick uni and was technically a sky blue fan.

i split up with my then wife when Roo, our son, was 4, which was in 2014 and we became Charlton season ticket holders for 2015 and have been ever since (we think we may have boycotted for 1 year of duchatelet).

Fortunately, my son, Roo, now has his own budding sports career. We are not  
    sure he'll make a living out of sport but he's decent enough to be in the A team at school and for club/district at cricket and rugby. He'll always be a short arse which will probably prevent him moving up higher.

As he is always playing sport on a Saturday, we don't get to as many games as we would like but we are both Charlton and will always be Charlton and that's certainly not the football that's kept us involved. 

It's the community. Charlton Life if you will. 
  • Options
    Still at primary school by the sounds of it...🙄
    May 20th 2020...
  • Options
    Sep 2007 for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder when Henners finally caught up with the latest developments in the World Wide Web?
  • Options
    22nd August 2006.

Bloody hell.

I was on the ‘Charltonbabes’ before that……..at least I think that was what it was called lol
  • Options
    12th Feb 2012. A 10 year anniversary promote would've been nice.
  • Options
    Jan 31 2013, a few days after a loss at home to Sheff Weds. We took the lead through Jacko, then conceeded 2 goals in the final 6 minutes to lose, no memory of the game at all and Im certain I was there.  
  • Options
    27th July 2006. 

We then went ‘live’ on 17th August 2006
    I joined 18th August 2006. One of the Founding Fathers.
  • Options
    29th July 2009.

I joined when the chat section of the official CAFC website closed.
  • Options

Just the four promotes ? You need to pull your finger out mate ;-)
  • Options
    Relative Late comer, 04/18. 
    And still waiting for my £50 signing on fee.
  • Options
    23rd April 2008. more than a quarter of my life on Charlton Life. Dear god!