Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did you join Charlton Life?

Comments

• Options
    4th January 2007.
  • Options
    Oct 2008 for me. 
    Can it be that it was all so simple then, or has time rewritten every line ?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Mmm, only in 2015. Which kind of makes sense now I think back. I grew up a member of a rugby playing family near Rugby. My dad worked Saturdays and we only ever watched Coventry play on the TV (sky blue cup cakes during the 1987 FA cup win).

I had watched Charlton play before my son was born, in the Jimmy Seed stand with my ex-mother in law (not then ex, possibly I wasn't then married even). She used to work for Warwick uni and was technically a sky blue fan.

i split up with my then wife when Roo, our son, was 4, which was in 2014 and we became Charlton season ticket holders for 2015 and have been ever since (we think we may have boycotted for 1 year of duchatelet).

Fortunately, my son, Roo, now has his own budding sports career. We are not  
    sure he'll make a living out of sport but he's decent enough to be in the A team at school and for club/district at cricket and rugby. He'll always be a short arse which will probably prevent him moving up higher.

As he is always playing sport on a Saturday, we don't get to as many games as we would like but we are both Charlton and will always be Charlton and that's certainly not the football that's kept us involved. 

It's the community. Charlton Life if you will. 
    Your son was born in the Jimmy Seed Stand?  Respect. That's loyalty for you! More excitement than whatever played out on the pitch I'm sure 😉

Whenever I think of Coventry's away fans, I'm taken back to the wilderness years at Sellout park and a rather corpulent gentleman seen devouring a hamburger who didn't escape the notice of the home fans, unluckily for him  🤣
  • Options
    March 17, 2008

Cant believe it’s been 15 years!
    Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun 🤣
  • Options
    8th December 2008 it says 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    _MrDick said:
    18 August 2006. Originally known as Valley McMoist but signing in with Twitter changed my username. Was previously a member on NetAddicks
    Always wondered where you went...Turns out, no where!!
    I'm flattered that you missed me Mr C
  • Options
    14th July 2009.
  • Options
    21st August 2006
  • Options
    July 14th 2008, but may have been before then as I had Dazzler21 and Dazzler 21 as accounts.
  • Options
    I got a Christmas present, thanks Santa 🎅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feb 19, 2007, apparently. I thought I joined when it started. I was on the slowly decaying email list that had been pretty good through the “golden years”. Seem to recall that AFKA had mailed a few of us there when he was setting this up.

Well I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’ve visited a few other clubs’ forums and there’s none better than this one. And that’s down to the admin team for creating the right environment. I would like to apologise to them for regularly making their job more difficult than it should be  ;)

I think my favourite thread ever is still “Snake”. 
  • Options
    1905, it's been a long ol' journey.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Was on the other message board which went down for a while and I got an email from @AFKABartram saying why don't you give us a try .... and so I did!

Nov 2007

I still have not forgiven him!  :p

• Options
    edited December 2023
    12th April 2012, 2062 posts and 8606 visits which equates to more than 2 visits every day for the last 11.5 years. Wow, I gotta get a life!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    April 23 2014. 7 months into my time at uni and obviously had too much time on my hands. Was pretty obsessed for a while and I credit this site for helping my connection and interest to the club remain.

Have a bit of a healthier relationship with it now. I'm sure I miss a lot of great content but I don't get so drawn in by unhealthy debates/posters.
  • Options
    April 2007. 
  • Options
    22nd August 2006.

Bloody hell.

I was on the ‘Charltonbabes’ before that……..at least I think that was what it was called lol
    Ah, yeh @KBs@KBslittlesis I was on Charltonbabes too.
    Got onto Babes after the original BBC606 site changed format, from it's original incarnation when anybody could post on any clubs page and engage in utter shithousery.
    Babes was fun and there were some really good posters on there. I think Exiled Addick and Rodney Charlton Trotter were on there. Do you remember Mackle, BobCharlton and oh gosh so many names I have forgotten.
    I was a different name on there, might have been SmokedAddick, or DogSzabolcs or something.
    Not enough footfall or membership I guess.
    This site though is a different level. Amazing and addictive.
    Can't remember when I joined, but then I can't remember much at all these days.
    I am sure I was about 50 when I joined Babes, now I'm bloody 70.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Joined in Sept  2012. Didn't say much to start off with, just read posts. Love the post match thread and everyone's differing views on the game we have all just seen,

Then discovered a crew of people saying nasty things about Brexiters and the rest is history.
  • Options
    January 2007.
    @AFKABartram told me about it at Emirates before our 4-0 loss to Arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    December 28th 2006, just over six months after I formed Addicksdownunder (RIP).
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Aug 2007. 
    Some 12,000 posts ago!
  • Options
    Christmas Day 2011… but I was on here before as the Mightyath… somehow corrupted the account and became the Mightyath2.

@Admin - what happened the my old account? When did I join with that user name? 
  • Options
    August 18th 2006 - day after opening. 

• Options
    September 29th, 2008. I was fourteen. So that's over half my life I've been a member of this website! Guess I just squandered the first fourteen years... :wink:

Got a horrendous comments to like/lol ratio after many, many years doing the live text updates on the forum, typing up commentary back in the days when the match thread was actually vital for those who didn't have radio access outside of... well, London, really!
  • Options
    April 2012

I’d been on the old 606 and then Not 606 as an active poster but lurked on here for a few years before taking the plunge. Glad I did!
  • Options
    July 30th 2009. 43,790 posts and nearly 24k visits, with 22.6k likes and 2.6k lol's!
    I started doing the 'match threads' at the start of 2010/11 season, and did them home and away for 5 yrs. I used to listen to Emma when she was attempting, very poorly, to commentate. I think she was on BBC Radio London? As she described the action I'd type it on here, hence so many posts! It became easier when listening to Peter Finch and then Terry/Glenn, as they weren't interested in colour of boots, hair etc. AHHHH they were the days!  Sadly health caught up with me and I stopped when taken into hospital with heart failure.