Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did you join Charlton Life?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    September 29th, 2008. I was fourteen. So that's over half my life I've been a member of this website! Guess I just squandered the first fourteen years... :wink:

Got a horrendous comments to like/lol ratio after many, many years doing the live text updates on the forum, typing up commentary back in the days when the match thread was actually vital for those who didn't have radio access outside of... well, London, really!
    Always making excuses for your shit chat!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    18/12/2006

netaddicks before that 
  • Options
    22nd August 2006.

Bloody hell.

I was on the ‘Charltonbabes’ before that……..at least I think that was what it was called lol
    Ah, yeh @KBs@KBslittlesis I was on Charltonbabes too.
    Got onto Babes after the original BBC606 site changed format, from it's original incarnation when anybody could post on any clubs page and engage in utter shithousery.
    Babes was fun and there were some really good posters on there. I think Exiled Addick and Rodney Charlton Trotter were on there. Do you remember Mackle, BobCharlton and oh gosh so many names I have forgotten.
    I was a different name on there, might have been SmokedAddick, or DogSzabolcs or something.
    Not enough footfall or membership I guess.
    This site though is a different level. Amazing and addictive.
    Can't remember when I joined, but then I can't remember much at all these days.
    I am sure I was about 50 when I joined Babes, now I'm bloody 70.

Definitely remember that name!
  • Options
    Aug 25, 2006
    Aug 22, 2006. Was on NetAddicks before (glory to two_sheds). Have been posting since I was a young teenager, and now in my late 30's. 
  • Options
    18 Aug 2006. 
  • Options
    I’m a newbie I joined just before Southall appeared but have stuck it out despite the mods thinking I was a Southall stooge 😂 😂 😂 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    April 25th 2007 
  • Options
    Sep 12 2007
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    21 August 2006 according to the stats. Pre Charlton Life was a Netaddick.
    Same as me Len. We got the special nod. Being active Netaddicks and also as I had Akfa in a headlock at the time if he didn’t send me the details. 

Happy Christmas. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Oakster1 would have been a few days after this site went live, a transplant from Netaddicks (which was a very funny site if I recall, some right weirdos on there "Two Sheds " etc)....

I was originally on Glynn Jones Mailing List & of course the infamous "CIFC Mailing List"...
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Oakster1 would have been a few days after this site went live, a transplant from Netaddicks (which was a very funny site if I recall, some right weirdos on there "Two Sheds " etc)....

I was originally on Glynn Jones Mailing List & of course the infamous "CIFC Mailing List"...
    Thanks, I was desperately trying to remember how I stayed in touch with all things Vharlton before Charlton Life! I was also on Glynn Jones’ Mailing List before!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Was on the other message board which went down for a while and I got an email from @AFKABartram saying why don't you give us a try .... and so I did!

Nov 2007

I still have not forgiven him!  :p

Hate to break it to you @Kap10 but can you imagine the thousands I’d mentioned it to in the 15 months before I got to you? 🤣
    Still don't forgive you 🤔🤔
  • Options
    Netaddicks and Glynne Jones mailing list before that.
  • Options
    I was young then.
  • Options
    Oct 27th, 2006. 

Blimey. Time flies when you are having fun. 
  • Options
    Sep 25, 2011
    ... and has improved my enjoyment of all things Charlton immeasurably

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    November 2015 was just finishing school
  • Options
    Dec 2006 - after we lost to Wycombe. 

Thank you, AFKA and many others on here for becoming part of my Charlton life. Most of you have made it more fun, and it all helps in the darker times like now. 
  • Options
    Just now 
  • Options
    Oct 25 2008, just after my 16th birthday… and I’ll be 32 next year.
  • Options
    Oct 25 2008, just after my 16th birthday… and I’ll be 32 next year.
    That's what went wrong with your A levels... 😂