Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst season since…?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    There may have been seasons that were statistically worse than this one, but thats not really the point. You have to consider where we are and what's gone on before for context, and this is our longest stint at this level for a long long time, and we look like we're nowhere near getting out of it.

So yeah, 79/80 was shit, and getting relegated from the Prem and the Champ weren't great,  but to spend so long at this level and not looking like we are going anywhere anytime soon ..... poor old Alfie needs to be getting 50+ goals this season to roll that one in glitter.
  • Options
    Well, it's just got even worse. Getting dicked by the mighty Leyton Orient whilst offering nothing.

Off the back of losing to Gillingham, throwing away late goals and drawing to a team 152 divisions below us - at home!

Struggling to think of a season worse than this, off the back of the previous cack seasons in a line.
  • Options
    With stats only, it’s not the worst. Purely on feelings, it’s the worst. 

I thought the Gillingham result and performance was going to be the wake up call players needed. Astonishingly, since then, we have had 4 league games with 3 draws 1 loss. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Well, it's just got even worse. Getting dicked by the mighty Leyton Orient whilst offering nothing.

Off the back of losing to Gillingham, throwing away late goals and drawing to a team 152 divisions below us - at home!

Struggling to think of a season worse than this, off the back of the previous cack seasons in a line.
    I think I played in that division - Lewisham North Cub Scouts under 9’s.
  • Options
    We must be approaching a genuine historical low? 16th in the third division (and only that high because we’ve played more games than most of the teams below us) and without a win in months. Has it ever been this bad in modern Charlton history? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We must be approaching a genuine historical low? 16th in the third division (and only that high because we’ve played more games than most of the teams below us) and without a win in months. Has it ever been this bad in modern Charlton history? 
    I wanted to ask the same question.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Looks like we're at a low point now.

God that’s depressing!
  • Options
    A low point for now. We could always go lower. 
  • Options
    I thinks it's the worst since 1969....but its a culmination of the Douchbag era to now in my opinion. Yes we could get relegated but the fact so many of us could care less at present is something I've never seen. Pretty depressing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On games not won then 79/80 must go down as the worst. Although I have been supporting since c1976 I dont remember many of those games or just how poor we were. I was playing on a Saturday afternoon (thanks Boys Brigade) so probably didnt go to many  home games & certainly never went away. 

• Options
    Finished 14th in 1974 so on target to 'better' that.
  • Options
    On games not won then 79/80 must go down as the worst. Although I have been supporting since c1976 I dont remember many of those games or just how poor we were. I was playing on a Saturday afternoon (thanks Boys Brigade) so probably didnt go to many  home games & certainly never went away. 

We were poor that season but at least we followed it with promotion straight back and had a good cup run to boot....losing in the 5th rd at Ipswich.
  • Options

We were poor that season but at least we followed it with promotion straight back and had a good cup run to boot....losing in the 5th rd at Ipswich.
    Plus it was a division higher so has to be discounted. 

55 years of attending in a couple of months. This is the worst it's ever been and may get worse.

Just what must Curbs and Brownie say off camera? I suspect like me, they are absolutely fuming.

Ffs get Appleton out and bring a proper manager in. 
  • Options
    edited January 21

Plus it was a division higher so has to be discounted. 

55 years of attending in a couple of months. This is the worst it's ever been and may get worse.

Just what must Curbs and Brownie say off camera? I suspect like me, they are absolutely fuming.

Ffs get Appleton out and bring a proper manager in. 
    Worst finish in the modern era was 1974 when we were 14th in the old 3rd division but I was just a young boy then and just enjoyed going to see Charlton play, just seemed much more fun back then.