Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Defensive header from Jones, Kanu flicks on to CBT, Tyreece can't deal with his cross quickly enough, and Chem is crowded out.
  • Tennai Watson has been good today 
  • Tyreece. Awful again 
  • Some stupid play around the back almost let's Oxford in. Good block from us though.
    1. 29'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Chem Campbell (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

• Leuth said:
    They only had 1 man in the box. How did they find him & score?
    Because Hector is a shit defender.
    You can fuck off too
    You really are an arsehole.
    I suppose you're going to say that it was a brilliant ball and no defender in the world could have stopped it.
  • We're throwing bodies at shots which is good to see. Some effort at least 
  • Oh that is awful Tyreece.
  • Pompey 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Blasting your shot over the bar? Tyreece needs to grow up
  • Everyone calm down maybe? It’s 1 all.
  • Pissing about with the ball at the back there again almost laid on a second for Oxford...we ain't f'in Liverpool ffs
  • Two choices there TC, as always with our players, picks the wrong one.
  • Oxford look like they have more players on pitch than us. Formation going to be our downfall again. 
  • edited January 1
    Should be 2-1. I sit in front of where Campbell was running from and thought he would miss by his body language. 100% wanted to
    pass to Kanu before deciding to shoot.
  • Leuth said:
    Talal said:
    Leuth said:
    You can fuck off too
    You could do with growing up a bit. 
    And not the people claiming Hector doesn't put in effort, or that he's a shit defender? They're not the ones who need to grow up? 
    It's really not the most controversial opinion. And certainly not worthy of constantly irate responses. 
  • How many times has Anderson touched the ball? 
  • Leuth said:
    Tennai Watson has been good today 
    Down injured now after making a block on a Brannagan shot…
  • Sky Sports - Pompey crowd calling for Alfie May
  • Sponsored links:

• Problems in our box after Jones dithers a bit, we have to do some last ditch clearances, and it looks like T Watson hurt himself in the process. Ball goes out towards the Oxford dugout, Tyreece manages to win the ball and bombs down the rout but shoots wide when he probably should have crossed .
  • I assume we are playing 4 at the back  ? If so Jones & Hector are too close together, leaving Edun with virtually half a pitch to cover. He really needs to be closer to their winger but I can understand that if he marks him he'll be leaving acres of space to the left centre. 

He's on a hiding to nothing. 
  • Leuth said:
    You can fuck off too
    You really are an arsehole.
    I suppose you're going to say that it was a brilliant ball and no defender in the world could have stopped it.
    The left centre back could have stopped it, but in his unexplainable absence the right centre back had to come across and cover the left post, which made it very hard to defend. The ball was accurate. The keeper was rooted. Sitting in the East Stand on that side of the pitch, nobody around me, and I have about 10 people here that I know, remotely blamed Hector 
    ??
  • stopped work for half an hour, Just got here - how's it going?
  • Oxford another one of our bogey teams.
    True. Along with the other 90…
  • T Watson has been having treatment and has had to go off for 30s, and we're restarting.
    5 million and we can talk Pompey

• Square profile picture
    31' Tyreece Campbell hits one
     He does superbly to pick Brown's pocket on the touchline before shooting over Beadle's crossbar.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!