Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    1. 43'

Post update

Offside, Oxford United. Joe Bennett is caught offside.

• Options
    Chem takes, T Watson looks to get a head on it but it comes off a defender for another one from the right.
  • Options
    edited January 1
    It looked like Tennai had a free header there and failed to make proper contact
  • Options
    Another corner from the left, CBT takes it short, out to Dobbo who shoots just over the bar.
  • Options
    5 mins added time.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    They only had 1 man in the box. How did they find him & score?
    Because Hector is a shit defender.
    You can fuck off too
    You really are an arsehole.
    I suppose you're going to say that it was a brilliant ball and no defender in the world could have stopped it.
    The left centre back could have stopped it, but in his unexplainable absence the right centre back had to come across and cover the left post, which made it very hard to defend. The ball was accurate. The keeper was rooted. Sitting in the East Stand on that side of the pitch, nobody around me, and I have about 10 people here that I know, remotely blamed Hector 
    Probably too scared how you would react if they did.
  • Options
    Edun comes down the left, splits two defenders with his pass towards CBT bit its out for a goal kick before he can reach it.
  • Options

Five mins added on
  • Options
    Shrews 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Edun comes down the left, splits two defenders with his pass towards CBT bit its out for a goal kick before he can reach it.
    That's been happening a lot over recent games. 
  • Options
    Its great having so much Football over Christmas and New Year

Might be just how poor Charlton are playing, (then again I dont think the standard is overly different this year to previous ones) - But the standard of Football really does feel like quantity over quality.

Performances have felt a little more flat than usual, because players are having to manage their fitness through this period of games.
  • Options
    I think it’s been a decent standard pretty even game to be honest. Much better then some of the other crap we have had to witness this year.
  • Options
    Be nice to see Edun play a forward pass sometimes...
  • Options
    Nice work from Anderson on the edge of their area to get the ball to Chem, but he gets crowded out before he can get a shot off.
  • Options
    Barnsley 1-0
  • Options
    I think it’s been a decent standard pretty even game to be honest. Much better then some of the other crap we have had to witness this year.
    To be fair, we've been setting a pretty low bar. 
  • Options
    Not seen much from Anderson in the last 10 - 15 mins. But not sure if that’s a bad or good thing.
  • Options
    Edun crosses in, Kanu goes over as the ball comes in and it's out for a goal kick. Ref sees nothing of concern
  • Options

45+5' Booking for McGuane
     He pulls down Kanu.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good first half. Oxford clearly have more quality, but we are working hard and being smart with the ball. Created 4/5 good chances, excluding the goal. 

I made sure to give the lads a big clap of the pitch at half time.

15 mins of the darts now.

• Options
    HT 1-1
  • Options
    HT 1-1
  • Options
  • Options
    HT 1-1

All joking aside, that wasn't too bad.

The defending for their goal was atrocious though.
  • Options
    McGuane fouls Kanu in the centre circle and gets a card for his trouble. A short period of passing and it's HT 1-1.
  • Options
    HT 1-1, good first half, game is 50/50, more of the same second half, kicking towards The Covered End, we can win this one...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

45+5' Booking for McGuane
     He pulls down Kanu.
    I like Kanu. To me he's a low budget Rak Sakyi. One for the future, only he's being thrown in now. 
  • Options
    This is great.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!