Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Anderson sadly so very out of his depth. Where the feck is Watson?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    If you thought we were bad conceding goals in extra time 
    Wrexham scores three goals, 90+9, 90+11 and 90+13. Now winning 3-1 after being 0-1
    90? It’s half time.
    Thanks now corrected
  • Options
    It's a better performance than I expected to be honest. I'd take Anderson off and bring L Watson on at HT.
    At least we are showing some desire!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    Anderson sadly so very out of his depth. Where the feck is Watson?
    On his way back to Luton...
  • Options
    Anderson vs Watson debate…

- Watson “ground duels” over 180 mins of his last two starts: 6
    - Anderson the last 135 mins: 15

Whether Anderson is very good is still up for debate. But I think it’s clear Appleton is favouring him because he’s willing to put his foot in.

When you’re worried about the team being lightweight, you can’t bring on another player who isn’t going to try and put tackles in in a midfield pivot.
  • Options
    Port Vale winning 0-1
  • Options
    Never hand ball Curbs from Chem for our goal...behave man...
    It definitely clipped his hand. Let's be greatfull we've had a decision go our way. 

Would never had given a pen for that sort on touch, so not a foul, so nothing to do with luck...
    There's now a specific rule that an accidental handball before a goal being scored means the goal is disallowed. So, yep, luck.
  • Options

46' Back at it in SE7... Come on, lads!

• Options
    Second half kicks off, ball goes toward the Covered End but Oxford clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Erk T Watson heads the ball straight up in the air on the halfway line, but nothing major comes from that thankfully.
  • Options

Teams back out. No changes.
  • Options
    Now Oxford down our right, comes off Watson for a corner.
  • Options

Cleared. TC then leads a charge on the counter but runs it out for a goal-kick
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Never hand ball Curbs from Chem for our goal...behave man...
    It definitely clipped his hand. Let's be greatfull we've had a decision go our way. 

It was quite telling on the slowmo replay from down low how many away fans behind the goal were up in arms about it.
    I don't remember seeing any replay of the goal on the big screen?
    When the goal went in my brother and I looked at each thinking it was handball and convinced the ref was disallowing it. Obviously it was given.

My dad then questioned why the goal wasn't shown on the screen, we said because it may have been dodgy.

"Why should that make any difference? We don't have VAR, they can't rub the goal out!"
  • Options
    Great run down the right from TC, eventually ran out of pitch, but no support available...
  • Options
    Corner gets cleared by a combination of Watson and Dobson, ball goes out to the left to Tyreece, who despite being surrounded by 4 players manages to get the ball all the way to their area. Unfortunately a slightly iffy touch means it's gone out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    Orient winning 0-1
    Bolton 1-0
  • Options
    Nice turn from Dobbo in the centre circle to get himself out of trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 1
    Anderson vs Watson debate…

- Watson “ground duels” over 180 mins of his last two starts: 6
    - Anderson the last 135 mins: 15

Whether Anderson is very good is still up for debate. But I think it’s clear Appleton is favouring him because he’s willing to put his foot in.

When you’re worried about the team being lightweight, you can’t bring on another player who isn’t going to try and put tackles in in a midfield pivot.

What are the possession stats in those games/ minutes?

• Options
    Ooh Kanu just let the defender know he was there then, no free kick, but eventually he blocks the pass to the goalie to concede a goal kick.
  • Options
    Staring second half with more effort, Kanu showing some tenacity in the area...keep it up lads...
  • Options
    1. 51'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Daniel Kanu is caught offside.

• Options
    edited January 1
    TC is showing an improvement on recent performances
  • Options
    How the fuck has he missed that? 
  • Options
    Got to say,this ref has been decent
  • Options
    Orient 0-2
  • Options
    Bah, great work from Kanu to get the ball wide to Tyreece, great cross to Chem, but he nauses up the header sadly.
  • Options
    Should be 2-1, good cross from TC, Chem with a free header in the 6 yard box goes wide...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!