Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lennie Lawrence- Interim manager of Hartlepool United

Lennie Lawrence has been named as caretaker manager ahead of Saturday’s home fixture against Oxford City.

The former Charlton, Middlesbrough and Luton boss will be assisted by first-team coach Antony Sweeney.
https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2024/january/caretaker-management-team-announced/

Comments

• Options
    I thought Lennie lived in the Newport area, I take it that I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 3
    First time in charge on the touchline since 2012 with They-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named

Whether he took charge of a game with them, seeing he was in the role for just a week as Caretaker remains to be seen, if not then his last game would have been with Cardiff in 2005.

All the best Lennie
  • Options
    Just taken on a dodgy scout as well I saw on LinkedIn earlier.
  • Options
    No - when I met him at the Curbs dinner he to.d me he lives near Grimsby 
  • Options
    No - when I met him at the Curbs dinner he to.d me he lives near Grimsby 
    Hmmm, sounds a bit fishy that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he has kept his flat in Newport to rent out and has a holiday bolt hole or bedsit in Grimsby. Doubt he can ever get back to Sutton with prices as they now are.
  • Options
    Maybe he has kept his flat in Newport to rent out and has a holiday bolt hole or bedsit in Grimsby. Doubt he can ever get back to Sutton with prices as they now are.
    Or Petts Wood where he lived when he managed us way back.
  • Options
    76 years old, give it up Len. Keep yourself active yes, but no idea why anyone would actively take on more stress at that age 
    I dunno mate - stepping in for a couple of games at Hartlepool is maybe easier than running the USA!! 
  • Options
    edited January 3
    But could biden or trump do it on a cold rainy January weeknight in Hartlepool? 
  • Options
    Good luck Lennie. Top lad!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One of the great Charltonians of all time.
    St Andrew's 1987.
  • Options
    But could biden or trump do it on a cold rainy January weeknight in Hartlepool? 
    absolutely not & I’d rather have Lennie at The White House than either of them too! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Lennie, a true Charlton great.

My mate had a chat with Roy Hodgson at a do. Hodgson is a very close friend of Lennie’s and said that he’d moved up north.
  • Options
    Post game comments included the classic " when Charlton last got a penalty Jesus was still a carpenter" Highbury encounter goodness knows when - all his teams played such intelligence football
  • Options
    Blucher said:

My mate had a chat with Roy Hodgson at a do. Hodgson is a very close friend of Lennie’s and said that he’d moved up north.
    He became a non exec director (an advisor) to Hartlepool in November 2022, so presumably that's when he moved up there. 

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/november/lennie-lawrence-joins-as-non-executive-director/

Indeed he's had a very nomadic career, whether as a manager, coach or advisor, and seem happy to go anywhere in the country.

• Options
    Blucher said:

He became a non exec director (an advisor) to Hartlepool in November 2022, so presumably that's when he moved up there. 

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/november/lennie-lawrence-joins-as-non-executive-director/

Indeed he's had a very nomadic career, whether as a manager, coach or advisor, and seem happy to go anywhere in the country.

Goes to show he's widely respected.  Just a shame he could no have come back to us in some capacity years ago.
    The boat may have not been rocking so much.
  • Options
    Love Lennie - my first Charlton manager. 
  • Options
    LENNIE LENNIE LEN... LENNIE LENNIE LEN... LENNIE LAWRENCE SHOOOWWW
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Just taken on a dodgy scout as well I saw on LinkedIn earlier.
    Harsh  :D
  • Options
    When at Boro he lived in Egglecliffe - maybe he kept his house there afterwards.