Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Seriously, how does Jadeja manage to bowl so many no balls. My biggest fear is that one of our batsmen will go into "free hit" mode following one such calls and gets out doing so!!!
  • Options
    Ton up for Pope - 100* (154) Well batted!

243-5 and a lead of 53

Foakes 29* (64)
  • Options
    Hundred up for Pope. 
    England lead by 53
  • Options
    Pope looks much slimmer than in the past.
    Obviously keeping himself very fit.
  • Options
    Well done Pope. Should set him up nicely for the rest of the series too.
  • Options
    Good recovery from England.Not many teams get 200 in both innings against India in India.21 test matches in India since Sri Lanka last done it.It shows how well England have played 2nd innings.
    It will give us a little bit of hope when we bowl..150 lead be nice.🤞

Well played Ollie Pope.And how the hell Ben Foakes didnt play in the ashes is beyond me.He is such a class cricketer.
  • Options
    100 partnership from the Surrey boys.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    I doubt that he will be dropped after the next Test but if Bairstow doesn't do so in the next couple then he is the one that is going to vulnerable for Brook and that would be a "like for like" replacement
  • Options
    Foakes is the perfect foil for Pope, exactly the sort of dogged batter you want at No 7 in India. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OMG - Foakes gets bowled by a pea roller
  • Options
    FFS KP
  • Options
    Seriously, how does Jadeja manage to bowl so many no balls. My biggest fear is that one of our batsmen will go into "free hit" mode following one such calls and gets out doing so!!!
    Six no balls now. Hope he "takes" a wicket from one or, even better, we win by 5 runs!
  • Options
    If only this was being played in Manchester & there was a chance of a day being lost to rain....
  • Options
    300-6 and a lead of 110
  • Options
    Why are the commentators talking about India having to chase 170+  ??

We are only 110 ahead. If Pope goes the remaining 3 wickets will fall for less than 20 runs. 

I dont expect India will be chasing much more than 130.
  • Options
    316-6 at close for a lead of 126

Pope 148* (208)
    Rehan 16* (31)
  • Options
    Why are the commentators talking about India having to chase 170+  ??

We are only 110 ahead. If Pope goes the remaining 3 wickets will fall for less than 20 runs. 

I dont expect India will be chasing much more than 130.
    Well.....maybe a bit out 🤭.

Still, new ball after 3 overs tomorrow so let's see where we are half an hour after the start tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Well played England. We'll still lose at some point tomorrow, but we've shown enough to suggest we'll be competitive this series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are India wearing Leeds United shirts? Is it to make them even less popular with everyone else  :D
  • Options
    Really excellent day of cricket for England. Well done by Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes and most importantly of course, Ollie Pope.
    I forgot Rehan Ahmed, how inconsiderate of me. Only caught a few overs at the end there but he’s backing up Pope really nicely.
  • Options
    Promising. 

India have only twice successfully chased more than the current lead at home against England. 

And their highest-ever successful chase in Hyderabad is 22! 
  • Options
    Ohh ye of little faith.

In Pope that is.
  • Options
    I doubt that he will be dropped after the next Test but if Bairstow doesn't do so in the next couple then he is the one that is going to vulnerable for Brook and that would be a "like for like" replacement
    Bairstow was brilliant in the first innings to be fair. Got easily the ball of the match 
  • Options
    If and when Brook returns to the squad he will have to fight for his place the same as everyone else. 
    Pope showed his class today 
    Bairstow played well in the first innings 
    Foakes is also playing well.

Brook just might not get back in as quickly as some were hoping. 
  • Options
    150 up for Ollie Pope in the second over of the day
  • Options
    edited January 28
    339-7, lead by 149

Rehan Ahmed 28 (53) c Bharat b Bumrah

Went fishing outside the off stump and nicked off
  • Options
    edited January 28
    First session drinks - India took the new ball a few overs ago but yet to make further breakthroughs.

388-7 after 93 overs, lead by 198.

Pope 179 (255)
    Hartley 21 (27)
  • Options
    edited January 28
    Pope dropped at slip on 186 - not a half chance, close to as easy as you’ll get at slip off of a fast bowler and it’s gone down.

Indian bowling and fielding started to get a bit listless in the last half hour pre-drinks. We are proper grinding them down.

They’ve brought Siraj on to bowl and he’s shown more fire in his couple of overs than the rest of the Indian team combined.