Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited January 26
    159-3

Hartley has a maiden Test wicket of Shubman Gill after Root caught and bowled the dangerous Jaiswal earlier in the session.
  • Options
    edited January 26
    222-3 at lunch

Stokes demonstrating incredible faith in Hartley - 20 overs (1-97) as opposed to 11 (1-32) and just two today from Leach. They are both left arm orthodox and Leach is our number one spinner so it can only be one of two things - that Hartley really is considered more of an attacking option or that Leach isn't very well (it's well documented that he suffers from crohn's disease). Either way, I am struggling to get my head around it.  
  • Options
    Scores elsewhere - The Lions are 67-3 in their second innings following their 152 and India A's 493. Australia are 24-4 in reply to West Indies 311
  • Options
    I'm not saying that this is a bad thing in the case of TNT but you can tell that they've thrown together their coverage by virtue of the lack of analysis and nobody bar the commentators from the host feed (including unfortunately KP) and a voiceover in between breaks. This is the biggest Test challenge for us apart from say the Ashes (and even then playing in India is probably harder) and TNT have clearly opted to do this on the cheap. Would have been good to hear the views of someone like Lord Gower for example.   
  • Options
    Rehan strikes - Shreyas smashes the ball to the only fielder on the legside boundary, Hartley

223-4

• Options
    I wonder how many times, in the history of English Test cricket, we have bowled just one seamer for the duration of a completed two innings match? 
  • Options
    Again Leach bowls just two overs before being taken off (and went for two runs in total) - 13 overs in four spells - albeit with Jadeja, a left hander, the preference to Root bowling to him is, perhaps, an understandable one.  
  • Options
    Rehan resorts to bowling pies - goes for two maximums in the one over. India take the lead at 250-4

• Options
    The two rookies have taken 2-156 off 31 whereas the two most experienced players have 2-64 off 20. Answers on a postcard please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 26
    Leach claims the wicket of Jadeja, caught at short leg. Jadeja reviews even before the finger goes up and the slowmo confirms that there is a gap between bat and pad the size of the Mersey Tunnel. India still have their three reviews and we have, well, none!!!
  • Options
    Thank the Lord for suicidal Indian batsmen. KL Rahul plants a long hop from Hartley straight down the throat of Rehan. Out for 86 (123)

288-5
  • Options
    Johnny B fielding at a very silly point to Rehan Ahmed. Rather you than me mate!!!
  • Options
    309-5 and a lead of 63 at tea
  • Options
    Intriguing contest in Australia unfolding!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Indeed. Australia 161-7 in reply to the Windies 311. Meanwhile The Lions are 154-5 and still need another 187 to make India A bat again. 

• Options
    Having been asked to bat, England U19s are 52-2 off 11 against the West Indies in their WC match
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Indeed. Australia 161-7 in reply to the Windies 311. Meanwhile The Lions are 154-5 and still need another 187 to make India A bat again. 

Smith opening doesn't seem to be the answer either. 
  • Options
    I'm not saying that this is a bad thing in the case of TNT but you can tell that they've thrown together their coverage by virtue of the lack of analysis and nobody bar the commentators from the host feed (including unfortunately KP) and a voiceover in between breaks. This is the biggest Test challenge for us apart from say the Ashes (and even then playing in India is probably harder) and TNT have clearly opted to do this on the cheap. Would have been good to hear the views of someone like Lord Gower for example.   
    I've read somewhere that they will have a proper studio set up for the second Test, but didn't have time for this game.
  • Options
    Root strikes to trap Bharat in front

356-6

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    England U19s 120-5 off 28

• Options
    Oh dear. Don't like to see that. Ashwin and Jadeja both at the same end and fighting for the right to stay in. Ashwin goes run out by Hartley. 

358-7
  • Options
    Root has bowled absolutely beautifully. Good experience this. Ultimately we are 2nd best by a distance but fighting hard.
  • Options
    Axar is a ridiculous player to have at No 9, even if it's just Hartley he's smacked around.
  • Options
    421-7 off 110 overs at close for a lead of 175

Wood          13-0-43-0
    Hartley        25-0-131-2
    Leach          25-6-54-1
    Rehan         23-3-105-1
    Root           24-2-77-2

• Options
    This Test is sadly going the way we all predicted. 
    This is what happens when you have no warm up matches. 
    India away is probably the hardest tour of all, not having proper preparation is criminal. 
  • Options
    England U19 192 all out off 46.3 overs
  • Options
    India away is probably the hardest tour of all, not having proper preparation is criminal. 
    I think warm up or otherwise we would've been completely outclassed in these conditions.
  • Options
    I think warm up or otherwise we would've been completely outclassed in these conditions.
    Probably yes.
    But a few warm up games to get acclimatised to the conditions would have helped. 

By the time England get used to the conditions now we will probably be 2 nil down.
  • Options
    Leach had a knee problem which restricted how much he could bowl, which didn't help matters...