Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options
    I don't follow County cricket that much but I have seen that Dan Lawrence has been in the runs (as an opener ?).

Will he be picked in the starting 11 ?  I can't see the selectors breaking up the Crawley/Duckett partnership. Or can Lawrence bat elsewhere ?
    Lawrence is not an opener 
  • Options
    Jimmy has one warmup game before his final Test, and still hasn't bowled yet as Lancs batted first. Indeed he still hasn't batted either!
  • Options
    Jimmy to be a bowling mentor for England after retiring
  • Options
    Is this your opinion or has it been confirmed?
  • Options
    James Anderson will join the England coaching set-up as a fast-bowling mentor when he retires from Test cricket against West Indies at Lord’s next week.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cyx0gdx5zq7o
  • Options
    edited July 1
    MrOneLung said:
    I don't follow County cricket that much but I have seen that Dan Lawrence has been in the runs (as an opener ?).

Will he be picked in the starting 11 ?  I can't see the selectors breaking up the Crawley/Duckett partnership. Or can Lawrence bat elsewhere ?
    Lawrence is not an opener 
    Has generally batted 5 or 6 this year but in this current game and in one earlier in the season when Pope was "rested" by the ECB Lawrence jumped up the order to 3. Even when Ryan Patel a proper top order batsman has been brought into the side and is batting 6
  • Options
    clive said:
    James Anderson will join the England coaching set-up as a fast-bowling mentor when he retires from Test cricket against West Indies at Lord’s next week.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cyx0gdx5zq7o
    Good. Coach during the day and I suspect he will team up with his mate Stuart on the after dinner/evening with circuit
  • Options
    Fast bowling mentor is a very vague description. He won't be the main bowling coach doing the hours in the nets with the players, so will he be there during the main training sessions, or someone who comes in for chats and individual sessions?
  • Options
    Jimmy has one warmup game before his final Test, and still hasn't bowled yet as Lancs batted first. Indeed he still hasn't batted either!
    Washed out today, so Jimmy has 2 days left in the game to get back into the swing.
  • Options
    This is interesting given that Leach is first choice at Somerset. Bashir has taken 4-299 in the CC this season and perhaps Key realises that the only place Bashir is really going to learn his craft is in Tests because he's not only at the wrong county but he's going to struggle to do that with the majority of the CC matches being played at either end of the season. 

May be an image of 1 person and text
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England have a bad habit of picking and hyping spinners at too young an age, resulting in a long list of rejected spinners still only in their 20s.
  • Options
    Anderson has 2-6 in 5 overs!
  • Options
    Anderson has 2-6 in 5 overs!
    3-7 in six overs. 

I reckon he's one for the future. 
  • Options
    5-13 in 8 overs
  • Options
    His 55th five-for in first class cricket!
  • Options
    6 for 18 off 9!
  • Options
    6 for 18 off 9!
    Showing some promise this kid.
  • Options
    6 for 18 off 9!
    Showing some promise this kid.
    Bailey has spoilt things by taking 2 wickets! Jimmy 29 for 7 off 14