Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Sri Lanka really benefited from the final Test vs England, as it's given them some real confidence with the bat.

Back home they won the 1st Test vs NZ, and have declared on 602-5 with yet another century for Kamindu Mendis (182no), his 5th century in 13 innings, and the first player to ever get 50+ scores in his first 8 matches.
  • Inspection at 11.55. Light rain forecast in next half hour and match won't start on time but will be clearer later on. 
    Sat in The Metropolitan @ Baker St (classy I know) awaiting some good news. We even had the toss yet?
  • cafcpolo said:
    Inspection at 11.55. Light rain forecast in next half hour and match won't start on time but will be clearer later on. 
    Sat in The Metropolitan @ Baker St (classy I know) awaiting some good news. We even had the toss yet?
    No. Not as yet. Covers came off around 11.30 but back on again just before 12 as more rain began to fall. Been raining here in Bromley all day but now stopped a sun starting to appear. 

Hopefully some play at Lords later but will be a reduced overs game. 
  • Toss at 1:30 (hopefully). 43 overs a side
  • Toss at 1:30 (hopefully). 43 overs a side
    Finally stopped raining here so fingers crossed.
  • Play at 2. A miracle considering the rain this week
  • Oz won the toss & will field  
  • Raining again
  • Raining again
    In late September.....who would have thunk it ?
  • Anyone here gone to Lords today? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Play to start at 2:45, 39 over per side
  • Couldn't they tweak the rules/times to make it 40 overs per side. 

Would make everything so much easier. This is where cricket is so behind the times. 
  • Salt really looks poor against the moving new ball. 14 times on the bounce out in the PP and showing all the stumps as he does, one wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make that 15
  • Alistair Cook on TMS was suggesting Salt should play down the order, kinda tempted to agree with him but that’s a crowded market 
  • fenaddick said:
    Alistair Cook on TMS was suggesting Salt should play down the order, kinda tempted to agree with him but that’s a crowded market 
    Especially if Root and Stokes do return
  • Salt really looks poor against the moving new ball. 14 times on the bounce out in the PP and showing all the stumps as he does, one wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make that 15
    Salt is fortunate that it isn't a 50 over game because it would have been 15 on the trot 
  • Salt goes for 22. Looks out of his depth against decent bowlers.

• Just not up to scratch really 
  • Think he's a very good T20 player but not up to 50 over games. Worth the experiment but I don't see him playing many more ODIs
  • When Buttler returns Salt will be the one to miss out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 27
    81-2 off 15
  • Somerset's spinners return in their current game:

Leach          20-3-52-5
    Vaughan     3.4-0-20-1      
    Bashir         11-2-47-0

This season:

Leach          43 wickets @ 23.15 / ER 2.58
    Vaughan     15 wickets @ 20.13 / ER 2.36     
    Bashir           4 wickets @ 86.50 / ER 3.23

More evidence that Bashir needs to move if he wants he wants to improve his all round game as Leach is first choice and Vaughan has that second string of opening the batting. He'll have to find a county that will have him as first choice or that has an all rounder in that position at present. 
  • Brilliant from Livingstone, 28 off the final over. Conversely rubbish from Bethell.
  • Brilliant from Livingstone, 28 off the final over. Conversely rubbish from Bethell.
    F$%k, I didn't realise I was 5 mins behind.
  • The best I've seen Livingstone bat.
    F$%k, I didn't realise I was 5 mins behind.
    You should worry. I once did a whole innings giving a "live" commentary on here being that far behind!
  • Superb striking from Liam Livingstone who is in the form of his life. What a difference now he is free from injury. Young Bethel just couldn't find his touch other than one six but he is a good prospect at 20.
  • Christ I hate this Carse wanker