Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clarke Harris Thread

Comments

• Now we have signed two midfielders and with another couple injured, I expect both Fraser and L Watson to go
  • redbuttle said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Got a positive feeling that we will get this one done.

Cue the "Couldn't get it over the line" Comms.
    Based on what ?

It will be funded by CBT going .  He will do well to be as impactful as CBT has been this season - can’t see who will be getting the ball to him.
    Why will it be funded by the sale of CBT?
    Presumably because no one expects these owners to pull £450k out of their pockets (even if it is in instalments).
  • ross1 said:
    Now we have signed two midfielders and with another couple injured, I expect both Fraser and L Watson to go

I don't think we're done yet in terms of midfield signings but I fully expect both players you've mentioned to go. Especially if as Appleton said after yesterday that Fiorini isn't going to be ready to play 90 straight away and will need sub appearances. 
  • Ain't appenin.
  • Maybe this will make sense in Full Site view…..
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly better view of it 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Based on what ?

It will be funded by CBT going .  He will do well to be as impactful as CBT has been this season - can’t see who will be getting the ball to him.
    Blackett-Taylor goes to finance the signing then he flops as not getting any service.  You can see it coming.
    You keep your best players then improve the squad, that usually brings success.
  • mart77 said:
    Sage said:
    Find find it fascinating how we all watch the same game but there are so many who see things differently.

JCH is a goal scorer in this league and with May, the two should be getting 40+ a season. But it’s not just about the goals. It’s the profile of the team and how signing someone who plays regularly, can hold the ball and be a threat to opponents whilst providing players like May an extra yard or two of space suddenly makes us a better team as the defence can get off our own 18 yard line, the midfield can push up too, and we don’t have the constant pressure late in games that we ultimately concede because we don’t have the ability to sit and soak it up.

Would love to spend the time working out the stats of scoring and conceding late goals with and without a striker like JCH, Aneke etc who can hold the ball. The last month or so we haven’t had a player who can, we’ve conceded so many. I would bet the stats would be very different if we did and what they are when we have.

Really hope it can all be sorted quickly because we need as many quality players in and available from now as the run we have is too big for us to be playing the amount of youngsters we have been.

If JCH has half the impact that Aneke had on this team he'll be an amazing signing. That said I'm still not confident it's going to happen. I don't see why JCH would run his contract down and then throw away his leverage for a huge big pay day by signing for us. We just don't make sense either financially or from a career progression perspective.
    As much as JCH could have more suitors in the summer, I’m sure it’s not lost on players like him that he’s one training session, one game or even one accident at home, from a possible injury that could see him unemployed at the end of the season. 
    Journeyman footballers pray for the life changing payday move, and quite rightly so.
  • Struggling to understand the business logic of this for both us and him tbh. 
    In what sense @Weegie Addick ? Would be interested to read you thoughts expanded. 
  • Twizzle said:
    Sorry guys. Works fine on my laptop and tablet but I see that it's useless on a phone. I'm a new poster so will have to find out the solution to that. 
    Fair play, thanks for at least trying it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Twizzle said:
    Sorry guys. Works fine on my laptop and tablet but I see that it's useless on a phone. I'm a new poster so will have to find out the solution to that. 

Blimey, reorganised those stats are stark (mainly the with Chucks and without Chuck's ones).
  • It’s not finding pessimism. He would be a great signing and one we need. Saying the priority is defenders who can defend doesn’t mean we don’t ALSO need a striker who can hold the ball up. 

We need both - if you could only sign one player, nobody would say a striker over a defender. So the priority is a defender but we need both.
  • Struggling to understand the business logic of this for both us and him tbh. 
    Do you mean we're blowing Appletons pay off money on an overpriced player?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Edun is not good enough. T Watson is probably not good enough. That is our priority but we must also acknowledge that JCH will make us a better side and would be a good signing, unless you are limited to signing one player.
    Genuinely believe with the system we play that these two are absolutely killing us, offer nothing going forward or defensively. 
    I think Edun would be useful as a wing back - Watson as a back up utility player, no more 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Based on what ?

Nothing, that's why it is just a feeling.
  • I could see CBT going to Peterborough and both players get a lump sum 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I could see CBT going to Peterborough and both players get a lump sum 
    Nah . That's definitely not happening .