Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curtis Fleming Appointed as Assistant Head Coach

13»

Comments

• Options
    Curbey said:
    Had a massive issue with Curtis Flemming when I stuck him in the the 95 Football League Sticker book in the wrong place. Never forget the disappointment of getting my Mum to order sticker number 126, and receiving a double of old Curtis. 

Some absolute legends of the game on those pages, reckon it might be worth a few quid!
    Nigel Pearson bottom left, our next manager.

Fleming has worked with him before.
    Would love Nigel Pearson as our next manager. Whether he’d drop down to league one again?
     Was hoping we got Pearson when Adkins turned up. Probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near a crackpot like Sandgaard
  • Options
    Bit of background on our current caretaker, possibly full time, manager.

https://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk/news/23671221.middlesbrough-legend-curtis-fleming-work-combatting-racism/

Credit to him for his charity work.

I wonder if he's spoken to Jason Euell in the last few days?

Also note that he's worked with Freedman at Palace and Lennie at Middlesbrough 
  • Options
    Am just reading the Paul Hart thread. There's a lot of glowing reviews of Fleming in Charlton Life. What has impressed people about him? He's completely gone under my radar.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Am just reading the Paul Hart thread. There's a lot of glowing reviews of Fleming in Charlton Life. What has impressed people about him? He's completely gone under my radar.
    He sounds like a good Motivator of players... the way he spoke about his conversation with Lloyd Jones after his Blackpool error

Doesn't seem Managerial potential given the two games he took charge, but can see a good Coach in him
  • Options
    @ShootersHillGuru, you've gone a bit extreme there if answering the question I posted? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    @ShootersHillGuru, you've gone a bit extreme there if answering the question I posted? 
    Not really your post. Lots of comments about what’s he done apart from doing a good interview and having a nice Irish accent. He’s obviously not cut out to be a manager by his own choice otherwise at age 55 I’m sure he’d have had the chance. He probably picked up the caretaker role with CAFC having the worst team and worst position in our history. I’m glad he’s staying and glad Jones and Hart are the main men. Just struggling with some of the negative vibes for Fleming.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Not really your post. Lots of comments about what’s he done apart from doing a good interview and having a nice Irish accent. He’s obviously not cut out to be a manager by his own choice otherwise at age 55 I’m sure he’d have had the chance. He probably picked up the caretaker role with CAFC having the worst team and worst position in our history. I’m glad he’s staying and glad Jones and Hart are the main men. Just struggling with some of the negative vibes for Fleming.
    I have no negative vibes for him, he seems  a nice enough bloke, but im yet to hear any reason why people like him though other than his interviews.

If Jones wants his own coaching team and Fleming was to go, I don't think anyone could have a genuine footballing reason for arguing for him to stay 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    mendonca said:
    I have no negative vibes for him, he seems  a nice enough bloke, but im yet to hear any reason why people like him though other than his interviews.

If Jones wants his own coaching team and Fleming was to go, I don't think anyone could have a genuine footballing reason for arguing for him to stay 
    Those that interviewed him might have.