Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Take off both the Campbells and never play them again.

AMB

Ness Jones Thomas

Watson Dobson Bakinson Edun 

Florini

Kanu May
    This is what I'd do... Or have Louie Watson behind the two Strikers - Nothing to suggest it would work, and could be even worse with this though sadly.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Pompey 0-3
    Imploding again...
    Seem to do it every season for some reason.

Though to be honest I’d take that then us imploding at the beginning of each one ha ha.
  • Options
    Meh, first 15 we looked.quite.comfy and dealt with Peterborough's probing well but gradually they started get a hold of the game, good finish and we started sitting deeper.

May has no support with acres of space between him and the Campbell's. TC, just not up to it.

• Options
    Curbs... its a top two team vs a mid table team
    Not sure at the mid table team.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    One of the most toothless performances I've ever seen us put in I think. We just don't look arsed 
    Have you seen the HT stats, everything is nil except the percentage possession?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Fiorini and Coventry both stripped and ready. Both Campbells off, or one and a CB
    If it's the Chuckle Brothers off then I struggle to see what the formation is
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Croydon said:
    One of the most toothless performances I've ever seen us put in I think. We just don't look arsed 
    Unfortunately none of those stats matter bar one
  • Options
    Neither Campbell is good enough might as well not be on the pitch - formation, as always with Appleton, not working - full backs can't defend and offer sod-all going forward. No shots and I don't think we've even got the ball anywhere near their penalty area. Shocking lack of energy and commitment across our team - Dobson and Bakinson trying their best but are completely outnumbered in midfield. 
  • Options
    TC is a a weak piece of piss, get him out the club and into non league to learn his trade and toughen up  
  • Options
    TC seems like he's trying to go one worse than his Cray Valley performance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to make changes at HT. No point not. It's not working and doing the same thing all the time is insane. If he doesn't make at least 2 changes I think he clearly wants to take us down this season. Mad.
  • Options
    Why play 3 at the back and not go 352?? 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Absolute rubbish first 45. Set up to defend and nothing going forwards. Players just going through the game like it's a training session.

Unless we have more threat then we'll lose this by lots.

I'd bring on Kanu for Tupac and push May wider. Bakinson is not offering much so maybe Coventry could offer more? I don't know. What we do know is that this isn't working despite 2.5 days of training ground work from Appleton.
    What game are you watching? Bakinson's done more than all of them in the first half
  • Options
    0-1 and we can add a 94th minute goal to that ... 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not that all, players are just not good enough 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    Fiorini and Coventry both stripped and ready. Both Campbells off, or one and a CB
    If it's the Chuckle Brothers off then I struggle to see what the formation is
    5-3-1-1?

Midfield of

Dobson - Coventry - Bakinson
    Fiorini
  • Options
    edited January 13
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Take off both the Campbells and never play them again.

AMB

Ness Jones Thomas

Watson Dobson Bakinson Edun 

Florini

Kanu May
    Tyreece is the problem, he’s offering nothing, can’t hold the ball if he does get it and is miles away from picking up an opposition player when no they have the ball. Our whole game collapses as a result.
  • Options
    We're just a little bit shite 
    With all due respect you hint got a clue what you're talking about.

We're very, very, VERY shite.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Croydon said:
    We’re level on fouls. Seem to be holding our own in that department.
  • Options
    My only comment on that half is that I really dislike Randall’s haircut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jones again leaves his man for the goal.
  • Options
    2 subs not warming up at ht, Watson and Kanu.
  • Options
    That was appalling. Surely he has to make changes
  • Options
    Is that the Randall we were once linked with? Class above anything we've got.
  • Options
    Garbage first half performance. Zero shots, one? touch in the opposition penalty area, but not defensively sound either.

Bakinson looks ok, and a couple of decent forward passes to Alfie, the only sort of service he's received.

Edun isn't good defensively, but is offering nothing in a more attacking position either, when you expect someone in his position to get down the flanks and run with the ball. 
  • Options
    Just seeing Scott writing 'Winger needed' Gee whizz, pointless with May and whoever alongside him without any crosses... Tupac not ready at all. Period. 
  • Options
    T. Campbell is being outplayed by 2 very good defensive players… bit harsh on him but as expected.
  • Options
    2 subs not warming up at ht, Watson and Kanu.
    As I say, Fiorini and Coventry are out on the pitch warming up in match kit 
  • Options
    Shocking. Just stood watching them play in front of us. Every pass is to a man in space who has time to control it and pass to another man in space we’re like 5 yards off it all the time. 
    When our players get it there’s 2 players on them in seconds. There players have the desire to win ours don’t. 
    All we got is ball over top and hope May gets onto it. Not sure the campbells know what they  are actually meant to be doing 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!