Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    edited January 13
    Of course the Xbar challenge last time out was a cock up and he hit the bar, justice has been seen to be done...Kieth has scored and hit the bar £2.500 better off
  • Options
    Appleton will be gone mid to late feb i reckon after window is shut 

he just doesnt seem to be able to get the players up for the fight
    we need 3/5 more top players this window or we are in trouble

think we may need a new manager bounce to stay up

at the same time some of these players even TC are shockingly bad so lightweight !!!!!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to Appleton telling us how well everyone played
  • Options
    If Rodwell are backing Appleton, then they’re back the wrong man, one bad apple.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    2 subs not warming up at ht, Watson and Kanu.
    As I say, Fiorini and Coventry are out on the pitch warming up in match kit 
    And my two are nowhere to be seen.
  • Options
    TC has to come off! doesn't close down, not put any crosses in and strolling around like tomorrow will do, Alfie can't do it all on his own ffs
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Who left the backdoor open for them to sneak out?
  • Options

Att has been announced as 13,309 1351 away fans.

• Options
    Bolton game abandoned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 13
    The frustrating thing is I don't think we'll see a 352 in the second half so if we keep the 3 at the back then it will be more of the same setup that requires absolutely perfect interchange and pace from the two 10s who aren't up to it. I think he'll want to bring on his new toys at half time so he can blame the players he had for his horrible start as a manager but the problem is he can't go to his traditional shape with Fiorini and Coventry unless he sticks Fiorini wide, which is stupid, or takes off Bakinson which he also won't want to do. I've no idea what mad thing he does next. A box midfield with Coventry and Fiorini in front of Bakinson and Dobson, which will somehow leave even bigger gaps between the middle and May? Sod it, do it. I want to see how much lower we can go.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Your two what? Very cold is it?
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    T. Campbell is being outplayed by 2 very good defensive players… bit harsh on him but as expected.
    Good players yes but its basic ball skills or misplaced passes with little to no pressure

his touch has got to be up there with some of the worse iv ever seen

not good enough or still young and not ready …. Im not sure 
  • Options
    Today is our "Memorial Game". Before kick off the big screen scrolled through a list of supporters and connected people whi passed away in the last year.

I'll be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to the names on the screen.

Did anyone spot the name "Charlton Athletic FC"?

This club is dying on its arse.
  • Options
    Not sure we expected to get anything from this game. More worrying is that our next 3 fixtures are against teams picking up points. Blackpool and Northampton both  winning at half time. Quite possible we could lose all January fixtures. Seems to be a complacent attitude that whilst we cant be promoted we cant be relegated either. It will soon be late to change manager to make any difference. Question ? could Powell or Bowyer even do any worse. I would say not.
  • Options
    Told you. Watson and Kanu on. Can't believe Coventry couldn't do 45 mins.
  • Options
    Worst display of the season so far. Can we get any worse?
  • Options
    Kanu and Watson for the Chuckle Brothers
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Absolute rubbish first 45. Set up to defend and nothing going forwards. Players just going through the game like it's a training session.

Unless we have more threat then we'll lose this by lots.

I'd bring on Kanu for Tupac and push May wider. Bakinson is not offering much so maybe Coventry could offer more? I don't know. What we do know is that this isn't working despite 2.5 days of training ground work from Appleton.
    What game are you watching? Bakinson's done more than all of them in the first half
    What impressed me about Bakinson wasn't so much football as communication. From the off he's been directing the players around him. Trouble is not many seem to have been paying attention. I hope he keeps it up as we really need a talker in the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kanu and Watson on for the Campbells
  • Options

Teams back out. L. Watson and Dan Kanu coming on for C. Campbell and T. Campbell
  • Options
    Told you. Watson and Kanu on. Can't believe Coventry couldn't do 45 mins.
    Fiorini and Coventry WERE warming up in match kit! But yes, well played 
  • Options
    That lineup has 3 players of any quality .  Hopefully the lad from Plymouth and Coventry make it 5 and that’s enough to stay up 
  • Options
    Worst display of the season so far. Can we get any worse?
    Probably
  • Options
    Daniel Canoe 🛶 coming on

• Options

Back under way
  • Options
    Morgan gets a 2nd for Blackpool.

• Options
    Thank the lord Appleton finally listened to you
  • Options
    Charlotte saying Daniel Canoe is on...🙄
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!