Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    I'd rather play the younger Ladapo than Tupac right now
  • Options

Not happening at all for Charlton today. Haven't had a shot yet.

5 mins plus to go
  • Options
    edited January 13
    DDOUBLEE said:
    The sooner we stop overrating our academy, the better.
    This.

Since Gomez left how many of our Academy have gone onto much better things. And I dont include Lookman as he was brought in & spent very little time in our Academy. I mean players who came through the ranks. 
  • Options
    I can't believe that after weeks of dogmatically sticking with his preferred shape Appleton has decided to twist today. We played some absolutely jank teams where a change up with these players might have actually worked but he's chosen today to jam two wingers up behind May as his support and throw a curve ball to our defence who are already confused all the time. With Hector missing he could have played this same line up with a midfield 3 of Bakinson, Dobson and Edun and it would have made more sense than this. He's such a strange man. No doubt his plan was to hold out and then bring his little mate on for one of the Campbells and try and nick it but no surprises we've gone behind early. Deary me.
  • Options
    Barnsley 1-0
  • Options
    Pborough shot saved, did well to knock the ball off Edun and keep it in. 
  • Options
    Hold the ball for 20 seconds, roll it to Jones, lump it aimlessly forwards 60 yards, let them have a shot. 

Rinse and repeat
  • Options
    My god the mentality of this team is appalling 
  • Options

Charlton give it away again inside their own half, ends with Kyprianou shooting at AMB from outside the box
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Think about 4 or 5 players gave it away in quick succession then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jeez.

Bullet dodged.

Posh break down the right, no-one makes a challenge, played across the edge of our box and the eventual shot just went wide.

Woeful defending.

More boos.
  • Options

42' Booking for Thomas
     He fouls Poku.

• Options
    Alfie looking totally pissed off on his own, absolutely no support from midfield, TC may as well stayed in the dressing room, we will need something different second half, time for Conor...
  • Options

Strong boos as Burrows fires just wide for Posh - Addicks fans are frustrated as Charlton can't get out their own half
  • Options
    embarrasing
  • Options
    There seems to be a thing about players getting special treatment or looked out over favourably cos they are from the academy. One of our own.... pwoper charlton. FFS this isnt a celebration that someone wore a Charlton nappy when they were having a shit on their dads knee.

Winning is all that matters. This is competitive sport. 

If they are good enough - great. If not - fuck them off.

Winning winning winning is what matters.

This lot are not good enough.
  • Options
    @golfaddick Konsa, Doughty, Beadle, Grant all doing quite well. It's easy to say how many, but hundreds of players go through academies and only a handful go on to play above their clubs level.
  • Options
    we can all sit here and say Posh are a good side and very creative but you can’t just let them walk you through you. The 5 at the back only works of the players on the positions attempt to make tackles 
  • Options
    I can't believe that after weeks of dogmatically sticking with his preferred shape Appleton has decided to twist today. We played some absolutely jank teams where a change up with these players might have actually worked but he's chosen today to jam two wingers up behind May as his support and throw a curve ball to our defence who are already confused all the time. With Hector missing he could have played this same line up with a midfield 3 of Bakinson, Dobson and Edun and it would have made more sense than this. He's such a strange man. No doubt his plan was to hold out and then bring his little mate on for one of the Campbells and try and nick it but no surprises we've gone behind early. Deary me.
    Apparently he's ordered by Scott and owners to play 4-3-3 ... this 8s what did for Holden. Perhaps Appletons had enough. 
  • Options

Heatmaps tell their own story - Posh fans in the away end haven't seen much of the ball, put it that way

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 13
    DDOUBLEE said:
    The sooner we stop overrating our academy, the better.
    This.

Since Gomez left his many of our Academy have gone onto much better things. And I dont include Lookman as he was brought in & spent very little time in our Acedemy. I mean players who came through the ranks. 
    Beadle and Sarmiento (Brighton) - Zemura (Udinese) - Konsa (Aston Villa) - Aribo (Southampton) - Doughty (Luton)

Lookman (Atalanta), you might not want to include him, but he played for the U18s which was the Academy last time I checked.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    As has been said; you can buy the best players but you need a manager who knows how to use them 
    We also need a couple of games for them to play, give them a chance ffs
  • Options
    I’m not sure Peterborough have even really put their foot on the gas yet. The two Campbells not working hard enough to help Alfie. I don’t rate our full backs unfortunately, they just don’t ever seem to create anything when getting forward. Need some changes at half time.
  • Options

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @golfaddick Konsa, Doughty, Beadle, Grant all doing quite well. It's easy to say how many, but hundreds of players go through academies and only a handful go on to play above their clubs level.
    And how well they're all playing for us today...

Focus on the ones on the pitch and in the squad, they are fucking awful
  • Options
    HT 0-1

Ref's whistle met with booing from the home end.
  • Options
  • Options
    Just f-off Appleton 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!