Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone think we weren't going to concede again before half time?

It's the hope that kills you. Well, that and the absolute shambles we serve up week in week out
  • Options

25' Booking for Hoskins
     He brings down Dobson.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Does Jones have a few table spoons of Night Nurse just before kick off? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I said we will have to score at least three  :)

don't look so smug!
  • Options
    Oh dear, further defensive scrambling (although to be fair to Edun it looked like someone was holding on to his leg) Now a NH player booked for a foul in our half and we have a free kick.
  • Options
    GET JONES OFF - HIS CONFIDENCE IS SHOT 

Honestly it's so obvious on match days.

I know he's probably really good in training, but shockingly bad on match days at the moment. 
  • Options
    I don’t even know what to say 
  • Options
    Bah, picture froze then as Ladapo attacked.
  • Options
    Nice shot on the turn from Freddie, but straight at the keeper
  • Options
    Unmarked on the penalty spot again how many times has that happened this season what do they tell them to do in  training 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to feel sorry for Kanu should started these last two games. Even Appleton admitted that Ladapo wasn’t match sharp but still brought him straight into the team. DK hasn’t let us down.
  • Options
    NH punt the ball forward but it's out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Sacked in the morning…………. Please 🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼🙏🏻

• Options
    What on earth was Jones doing? 

Every time the ball goes towards that back line it’s like a knife through hot butter. 

We are fucking shit 

• Options
    1. 26'

Post update

Attempt saved. Freddie Ladapo (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Tayo Edun.

• Options
    And we're under pressure again after playing it around the back too much, then giving the ball away.
  • Options
    At half time would be great 
  • Options
    Listening on Radio Northampton. We’re going to concede more here by the sounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every time they come forward we look like we could concede
  • Options
    So frustrating how often May isn’t in the box because he has to do all the work himself. God I hate this team 
  • Options
    Its too easy for Northampton doing the simple things, like putting in the effort to win second balls - loose balls

We seem to wait for the ball to come to us
  • Options
    Surely Appleton not training these players to fuck up at every opportunity. I don’t even know who’s to blame. Seems surreal. 
  • Options
    Some of the passing is ridiculously bad. Feels like trial match when no one knows each other.
  • Options
    Why wait that long?
  • Options
    Dobbo to May up the left, cut in to the area, the defender blocks and goes down. After they clear the ref stops play to deal with the injury.
  • Options
    This is beyond a parody. Are we Laurel & Hardy in disguise?
  • Options
    Coventry's been sent over to the touchline due to a cut on his face.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!