Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Derby County : Saturday 3rd February 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Was worried before the teams were announced, seriously scared now we know Dobbo is missing 
    This.
    plus  3 players that have so far not lasted 90 mins.

• Options
    edited February 3
    See Reading finished 1-1 away at Oxford...3 points ahead now + goal Diff...🤔
  • Options
    That feels like a conservative Applescore lineup trying to nick a point from a better opponent.  Hopefully that is not jones selection.  Add either Watson or Fiorini in at least they are more inclined to attack.  Drop reg back and get non league ness out of the lineup
    I was feeling more of a Jones line up.

He plays players out of position, 

• Options
    So Watson, our closest player to a 10 still can't get a game. Absolutely no midfield creativity and the wing backs arent great either. Revising my 3-1 prediction to a 2-1 reverse.
  • Options
    Anyone concerned that CBT is going to find all that space behind our wing backs, that he used to leave when he played there himself...
    No, he's not playing.
    Phew!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I really like Curtis Fleming, definitely sounds like an "arm round the shoulder" coach. Hope he stays when the new bloke comes in.
    Damnit Ali... You edited your post too quickly!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmmm, the suspicious amongst us fans wondering what type of “tight calf” it is
    Calf Wallpapers High Quality  Download Free
    Veal gulasch anyone?
  • Options
    So anyone spotted Nathan Jones attending today so far?
  • Options
    edited February 3
    aliwibble said:
    I really like Curtis Fleming, definitely sounds like an "arm round the shoulder" coach. Hope he stays when the new bloke comes in.
    Damnit Ali... You edited your post too quickly!!
    I literally hit post, and thought "hang on, that's not right" and went back and corrected it, because I knew someone would pick up on it straight off :)
  • Options
    What is this singing nonsense about. Awful 
  • Options
    Never really listened to Fleming before, but really like one comment he's made about Lloyd Jones last Saturday...

"Jones was inconsolable after the mistake for their goal, but Fleming told him he won seven headers that half... Jones didnt remember a single one of them"
    He does come over as a motivator and a positive influence...like him..
    Same, but his team selections make me think he'll be a great coach but not a manager. 
  • Options
    3 outfield  players in the side today who were in the first game of the season-Ness, Thomas and May. What a mess of a season.
  • Options
    Just overheard Dobson say he's done his calf. Wasn't overly convincing as he said it 
  • Options
    What is this singing nonsense about. Awful 
    Yeah, sorry mate - I'm always the same in the shower.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Just overheard Dobson say he's done his calf. Wasn't overly convincing as he said it 

Can still sign for them 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have Derby dropped CBT  - their manager said something about needing to fit in with their style of play last week? 
  • Options
    sm said:
    Have Derby dropped CBT  - their manager said something about needing to fit in with their style of play last week? 
    What's that "Not shit"?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:

Can still sign for them 
    Surely that’s not how it works? Ours is Jan. Otherwise players would be leaving all year round through other countries’ windows.
  • Options
    sm said:

Injured, not dropped
  • Options
    sm said:
    Be brilliant if he got froze out after 1 game 😂
  • Options
    They do seem to be coming out early…
  • Options
    Alfie with a nailed on hat trick to celebrate the baby…
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    A typical "good cop" assistant. Putting his arm around dropped players etc. the sort of thing Keith Peacock did when Curbs was in charge.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:

Can still sign for them 
    Surely that’s not how it works? Ours is Jan. Otherwise players would be leaving all year round through other countries’ windows.
    It's the window for the signing club because they have to register him and whatnot. Technically we could sell a player to MLS now, for example, because the registering team's window is open. 
  • Options
    OK, that's the free stream done, so I'm off til 5ish. Good luck guys, and see you in the post match
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!