Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP House of Commoners group

A shame it’s closed.
I understand why though.

Comments

• Options
    Certainly the Tories' fault the last 14 years!

• Options
    This was about a year ago wasn’t it ? 
  • Options

Is Plum a Tory?
  • Options
    I'm very disappointed that the group has been closed. It was informative, thought provoking and I will miss it.
    I thought it was for “review” in early 2024 ? Has it officially now been laid to rest. Pity if so.
    The group is showing as closed now,   whereas each individual thread was showing as being closed previously and new threads were still able to be started.
  • Options

Is Plum a Tory?
    Is Gary Neville a scouser?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    It’s a real shame as the majority of posts there were informative and well balanced. Unfortunately the minority who went out of their way to be obnoxious and argumentative seem to have won 
    No they haven’t, fascist.
  • Options
    Fire one ....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Is Plum a Tory?
    Singling out one specific poster again. Right on cue. It's like clockwork, and why the forum was rightly shut, and why I imagine this thread is about to be shut.
    Funny enough I never went on it but I read the reasons. If there is anyone “right on cue”…
  • Options
    Couldn’t we have a one strike and you’re out policy ?

biased against trade union members

:p
  • Options
    Unintended consequences of Brexit. Innit. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    It’s a real shame as the majority of posts there were informative and well balanced. Unfortunately the minority who went out of their way to be obnoxious and argumentative seem to have won 
    No they haven’t, fascist.
    Yes they have, you liberal elite you 
  • Options
    I'm afraid it was absolutely toxic and it was the correct decision to close it.
    It was impossible to have a sensible conversation on there and I gave up in the end.
    There were a fair number who only posted on there or very rarely post anything about Charlton or anything else for that matter. 
    That was where I got to, personally as much as I'd like to see it back IF it remained sensible I think that's unlikely as history shows, even less so in an election year so I'd be inclined to keep it closed and if I or anyone else wants to go and talk politics we can go on a politics forum. I couple of times waked away for a month or so, felt better for it if I'm honest as CE suggests it was far too often very toxic.

You could as SHG suggested have a one strike and your out, but that'll require a lot of time for the moderators, who lets be honest are moderating a football forum in their spare time.

• Options
    I think, given the one of the best things about this site is how it brings Charlton fans together, having a section that seemed to cause endless division which had utterly nothing to do with football means it probably is better off closed. 

I enjoyed the HoC part, but I don’t think it’s a massive loss for it to be consigned to the dustbin. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!