Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP House of Commoners group

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    It’s a real shame as the majority of posts there were informative and well balanced. Unfortunately the minority who went out of their way to be obnoxious and argumentative seem to have won 
    LOL! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I think, given the one of the best things about this site is how it brings Charlton fans together, having a section that seemed to cause endless division which had utterly nothing to do with football means it probably is better off closed. 

I enjoyed the HoC part, but I don’t think it’s a massive loss for it to be consigned to the dustbin. 
    And that is exactly how I see it. Well said.
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Best rid.. As Blackpool said you never see 90% of the posters there post anywhere else on the forum.

And it is much better without them. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t we have a one strike and you’re out policy ?
    Agree on a level playing field. Sadly it wasn't. 
  • Options
    Most people manage to make sensible posts, sadly there are those whose only contribution is to make flippant remarks often with no relevance to the topic being discussed. 

• Options
    Never paid it much attention myself.
  • Options
    Those that think the forum is better off without the HOC have no need to look at it, that would leave it free for those of us who do. 

There are many topics on the forum that I have no interest in, so I don't bother looking at them. I would never suggest that those threads be closed. 
  • Options
    Certainly the Tories' fault the last 14 years!

Is Plum a Tory?
    He's a plum...
  • Options
    I would be happy to reopen it, on the proviso that anyone that posts anything political can only post on there and not the main forum for 7 days. 

Would make the main forum much more enjoyable, for 7 days at least. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those that think the forum is better off without the HOC have no need to look at it, that would leave it free for those of us who do. 

There are many topics on the forum that I have no interest in, so I don't bother looking at them. I would never suggest that those threads be closed. 
    But why do you want to comment on politics on what is essentially a Charlton specific/football general forum?

There are other forums you can use for your political chat.
    I feel much safer posting on this forum than one than one where everyone is a stranger. It's testament to this forum that although I've never met most people on here, it feels more like a family. 

It was great to have a politics section, away from the main forum. There were a lot of informative posts. Nobody was compelled to look at that part of the forum, so I don't understand why others want to get it closed down. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I would be happy to reopen it, on the proviso that anyone that posts anything political can only post on there and not the main forum for 7 days. 

Why would posting on a separate part of the forum stop you posting on other topics?
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Huskaris said:

Why would posting on a separate part of the forum stop you posting on other topics?
    Oh sorry, I meant people who post about politics on the main forum...
  • Options
    edited February 6

But why do you want to comment on politics on what is essentially a Charlton specific/football general forum?

Politics is life just as charlton is life- hard if not impossible to segregate each from the other. This is the crux if a lot of the disagreements I think.  It tends to be those on the right that want to segregate politics from everything else, and the core reason i was never in favour of a seperate HoC area off the main forum. It's like the old 'no politics nor religion at the dinner table'. Stupid idealism and usually damaging for everybody over time. We go again :)

• Options

• Options
    Certainly the Tories' fault the last 14 years!

Is Plum a Tory?
    Is so, would they admit to it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 6

Politics is life just as charlton is life- hard if not impossible to segregate each from the other. This is the crux if a lot of the disagreements I think.  It tends to be those on the right that want to segregate politics from everything else, and the core reason i was never in favour of a seperate HoC area off the main forum. It's like the old 'no politics nor religion at the dinner table'. Stupid idealism and usually damaging for everybody over time. We go again :)

That's something that hadn't occurred to me, but I don't think a football fan forum is made poorer for a lack of political comment, other than when it concerns legislation around the game, or influences how the governing bodies of the game operate, which I'm sure would still get picked up on here one way or another.

Edit - lets not cross swords over it 😉
  • Options
    I don't get it. There are loads of forums on the internet when you can discuss politics. Why do you want to discuss it here?
    Could it also be the difference between feeling like a big fish in a small pond on here compared to being a small fish in a big pond elsewhere. Just a thought. I don't really know.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Or just have it but leave it unmoderated 

quite funny to see everyone foaming at the mouth as Biden/Trump/Tories/Labour get into power

Could open an Israel/Hamas - whose side are you on - thread, as a juicy Welcome Back bonus to the HOC

can also move the climate change and ULEZ threads in there 
    No Brexit??
  • Options
    Out of interest (and i say this as someone who probably looked on that part of the forum twice in my life) why does it need to be moderated? I'd imagine there's quite a few people on here who probably didn't even know it existed.

If a select few want to waste their days arguing amongst themselves on a part of the forum that hardly anyone goes to, then why not just leave them to it?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Or just have it but leave it unmoderated 

quite funny to see everyone foaming at the mouth as Biden/Trump/Tories/Labour get into power

Could open an Israel/Hamas - whose side are you on - thread, as a juicy Welcome Back bonus to the HOC

can also move the climate change and ULEZ threads in there 
    No Brexit??
    I would have to check the terms of the Good Friday agreement first. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!