Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 10th February 2024 :KO 15:00

Today we travel the relative short trip down the M4 to a very important fixture with  Reading...
A win today would be most welcome, because a defeat could actually see us fall into the abyss that is the bottom 4, but that ain't gonna happen is it.....🤔...No of course it ain't

So today is the first game where we see what the Addition of Nathan Jones makes to our set up and play, and the line up could even include Chuks, (edit: 'fraid not), and that could have been a huge boost to us, will it be a diamond or 3-5-2, these are all questions we await answers too, but I am quietly confident that today's game could be a springboard from where we can get ourselves away from the wrong end of the table..

We will be cheered on by 3000+ travelling Addick is a sell out away end...so COYR time to deliver..

Here we go...

Harry Isted, Lloyd Jones and Louie Watson come into the starting lineup for Nathan Jones’ first game as Charlton Manager against Reading.

There is also a place on the bench for Panutche Camara who is in a matchday squad for the first time since sustaining an injury in the Addicks away win at Wigan in October.

The incoming starting trio replace Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Rarmani Edmunds-Green and Lucas Ness.

The Addicks are expected to lineup in a 3-5-2 formation with Jones, Terell Thomas and Macaulay Gillesphey operating in a back three in front of Isted.

Tennai Watson and Tayo Edun will operate as wing backs with Conor Coventry, Tyreeq Bakinson and Louie Watson operating in midfield behind a front two of Alfie May and Freddie Ladapo.

Camara is joined on the bench by Maynard-Brewer, Edmunds-Green, Ramsay, Anderson, Campbell, Camara, Kanu.

Charlton: Isted; Jones, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Bakinson, L.Watson, Edun; May (c), Ladapo

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Edmunds-Green, Ramsay, Anderson, Camara, Campbell, Kanu

NOTE...No mention of Dobson...🤷‍♂️
Good to welcome back Camara to the bench

Comments

• Options
    Defence still shaky of course but surely this team has enough for at least a point
  • Options
    Don't have a stinker now please Louie. 
  • Options
    Like the line up,although leaving ness out is a bit harsh as I thought he was superb against derby.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how Isted does back in as Goalkeeper.

He had a decent game against Shrewsbury but always felt a bit more nervous with him between the sticks, compared to Maynard-Brewer prior to that game - Dont think its a bad decision this time round though, as Ashley needs that push to show he's not got that No.1 spot secure by any means

Notice too that Jones has decided to show nepotism with Jones in Defence.

Disgusting!!

Isted was just starting to show some good form when he got injured. Think it'll take a couple of games for him again and that we persist, as we might as well given AMB is shot to pieces right now. 
  • Options
    So back to trying something new or is it.
    Change the keeper trust he can catch a ball and boss his area.
    Still too many not up to speed for my liking.

Enjoy no matter what.
  • Options
    The question still is.....who is going to create the chances for the front 2 to score  ?
  • Options
    louie Watson 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edmunds-Green can't get into the 11 :/
  • Options
    Excited for this. First game I've been looking forward to for a while. Been feeling like shit all week but my pass is purchased, on the sofa, live stream about to start, grapes at the ready. Let's go!
  • Options
    I suppose the theory is T Watson and Edun bomb on and cross the ball or get in and amongst any attack.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    The question still is.....who is going to create the chances for the front 2 to score  ?
    The other 8 outfield players can contribute maybe,  anyway Nathan will get them sorted..🙄
  • Options
    Watson and Coventry ideally... along with the Wing-Backs

Conor isn't just a replica of Dobson, he's more of a deep laying playmaker
    Is Coventry a replica though ? He may have a better attacking sense which we have yet to see and I also haven't seen him do the dirty work much either.
  • Options
    Dobson will be missed today, what has happened to him, no mention anywhere..
  • Options
    T. Watson and edun, L Watson, Bakinson and Thomas. 
  • Options
    T. Watson and edun, L Watson, Bakinson and Thomas. 
    Gillesphey seems like he might enjoy an assist 
  • Options
    At least everybody is playing on their right position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobson will be missed today, what has happened to him, no mention anywhere..
    Gone
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Please, please, please…. no defensive fuck ups today. I just can’t stomach another self inflicted defeat. 

Hopefully some Jones on Jones coaching will have reinstilled some confidence in Lloyd.

Pity Dobbo isn’t available. Massive game today so you want your big players out there. Not sure where that fits with NJ’s assertion that everyone except Leaburn is back in training. Maybe his injury was worse than we thought and he needs another week. I don’t personally buy into any conspiracy theories that he can’t/won’t play because of interest from Hungary.

I’d normally say today would be a must not lose but with our recent form, it being NJ’s first match, and our upcoming tough run of fixtures, it feels a lot like a must win so happy to see a bit more attacking intent by start Watson (L). 

*Edit* just caught up on the Dobson thread. Maybe there is more to it. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    At least everybody is playing on their right position.
    Isted is on right wing mate 
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Nathan Jones’ Bus Wankers 

• Options
    AFKA also live-streaming in post above 
  • Options
    I make that four players with links to Luton in the squad, and all in the starting 11.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Scoham said:
    I make that four players with links to Luton in the squad, and all in the starting 11.
    Who is the fourth? - Isted... Jones... L.Watson... and...?
  • Options
    I shall be following this thread from sunny Hurgada. 
    Let's hope the 3k Charlton fans making the trip return with 3 points. 
    Onwards and upwards. 
  • Options
    Here and the fans are in good spirits! Hopefully the case by the end of the game! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!